The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D Pro and Real Color

crbascott

I have re-downloaded the real color add-ons and it looks like there have been no version changes since I purchased them a week or two ago. Are the current versions of Real Color good to go with Pro? A post (see below) indicated a possible issue. Anyone else experiencing this or is Real Color behaving like a pro for everyone? Thanks! 

I'm not sure why but RC is really screwed up for me.  I thought it just needed to be updated.

I've redownloaded just to make sure I have the latest version.

On some planes only one side is colored with the other half looking like it's bare aluminum.  Most planes have some type of color glitch ....

I guess I'll try reinstalling everything and see if that helps.  :-)

According to Nyerges, Only RT needs to be redownloaded.  RC is the same as before; just be sure to point the installer to FeelThere/Tower3DPro/extensions/airplanes.  Harvester, I did not have this problem with the RC textures, so it sounds like something must have wrong during installation.

I downloaded RC and RT and installed them in the proper folder, or so I thought. I then noticed that that the default folder for Tower!3d Pro is C:\Program Files (x86)/feelthere/tower!3d pro

Note the space between 3d and pro. i installed all in a folder without the space and did not get them to work. when I found the mistake i installed them in the correct folder and all is good.

Hope this helps!

I am having a similar issue. I redownloaded RT and RC to install on pro to LAX and I am still seeing the generic a/c and color schemes. I installed it to extensions and airplanes directory as noted above. FYI, I had the same issue on Tower 3d, but I cannot recall how I got it to work. Any help is appreciated !!

Steve 

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:20 AM, Ratchet said:

I did a fresh DL of RT & RC along with pro, and all seem fine to me as well. I noticed the zip file with RT was named RT_Tower3d_Pro & RC is sp3 - if that helps you tell any difference from your DL two weeks ago.

Hi.  Where are you seeing RC with SP3?  I was told to use original link (in email) when we ordered RC (last year for me) and I do not see that.  I am still seeing some a/c with all white liveries.  Edit: I am specifically speaking of LAX.  KPHIL has SP2 after it with my d/l

Chris

Hi, Chris,

Sorry for the delayed response. Were you able to get the updated RC for LAX?

I purchased RC in the 3-airport package. The 3 airports (KLAX, KPHL, TIST) came together in one file for me. So, I'm guessing there might be a problem with the individual LAX link not linking to the correct version?(Edit: Or something else. I just saw the above post saying Nyerges said RC doesn't need to be re-downloaded for pro, only RT? So, idk) RC is fine at all 3 airports for me, and I just used the link in my purchase email from Oct 2016 - links directly to exe file titled: RC_Tower3D_TIST_KPHL_KLAX_sp3 

Dan

Dan,

We finally got it working.  Apparently, I didn't have the link going to RC LAX SP2.  After a few emails back and forth between Nyerges and Feel There we got it resolved.  I originally ordered two separate packages--one for PHL and one LAX.  Phl was ok, but LAX wasn't for some reason but Gabor was very helpful from Nyerges.  All fine now although I do get the occasional white lion showing up but no big deal.  Now,, to get the cargo carriers to lose the windows.........Chris

7 minutes ago, achilles1971 said:

Hey  Nyerges !!!

Swissair doesn't exist anymore...lol

Its easy enough to change if you want.  Just go to the airlines file for the field in question and put a "//" in front of that airline.  You could delete it entirely, but who knows maybe someday you will become nostalgic for it :-)

Real Traffic desperately needs updating, but as far as I'm aware Nyerges Design doesn't have a forum such as this where we can express our views.  I hope Gabor reads this and can give us his thoughts on updating RT airlines & schedules. In RT there are nearly 200 US Air flights at KPHL but the only person using that livery and the Cactus callsign is Tom Hanks!

5 minutes ago, winsaudi said:

Real Traffic desperately needs updating, but as far as I'm aware Nyerges Design doesn't have a forum such as this where we can express our views.  I hope Gabor reads this and can give us his thoughts on updating RT airlines & schedules. In RT there are nearly 200 US Air flights at KPHL but the only person using that livery and the Cactus callsign is Tom Hanks!

+1

+1  Of course to be fair, Gabor does post here from time to time, and he does have a Facebook page where you can make comments.

I say this a little in jest, but in reality, it would be kind of cool.  He really needs to develop two versions.  One for modern (current liveries) and a separate (add-on to an add-on) called RT Nostalgia).    Bring back Eastern, PanAm, TWA, and a few other classics, along with the aircraft to match: 742, L-1011, 727, etc. That would actually be great fun and I would happily pay good money for it, but it needs to be something that can easily be turned on and off in the sim.

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2017 at 10:23 AM, winsaudi said:

I finally started playing around with KPHL. The 200 US Air flights are actually Piedmont (PDT) flights. Both airlines are in the xxxx_airlines.txt file with the IATA code of US. To avoid confusion US Air (AWE) either needs to be removed or commented out (//). Then when US/PDT shows up in the sim you'll see it in the American Airlines livery as expected. So, although the schedules could still use a refresh it's not as bad as we thought.

PDT.thumb.JPG.063d478dd027e99b75279ec102fbfd13.JPG