The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D Pro: LAX Cargo

crbascott

OK, so I've been using the GA area for cargo at LAX. There are three GA spots that are actually in the houses that are next to the southern border of the airport in the sim. Any planes arriving or departing from those spots suddenly appear/disappear in the houses. Kind of like the baseball players into the cornfield in Field of Dreams. Game play is not really affected, but obviously it's not realistic (although it is worth a chuckle). 

LAX_GA.thumb.JPG.29c72d2561a5e818b0f6fc87d953aba8.JPG

Thanks for your observations.  Yes they clearly should have extended the airport territory slightly farther to the south to make proper room for this area.  I notice that right next to the area you have circled are a series of straight lines, which I presume must be the intended docking positions for a cargo center, but as far as I can tell adding a cargo terminal to the terminal file does not activate it.  Of course I never realized that the house could actually hide the airplanes.  Has anyone ever succeeded in getting those positions to become active?

Answering my own question after careful observation:  The "straight lines" are also part of the GA terminal.  There really is no Cargo terminal on the map at all.  As CRBASCOTT pointed out, though, assigning cargo flights to the GA terminal works fine, even if it is a bit quirky.

On 2/28/2017 at 1:52 PM, FeelThere said:

The default schedule doesn't have cargo traffic so possibly the terminal is not defined.

With all due respect that's not a very strong argument.  Any chance of correcting this at some point down the road (I fully understand that there are other priorities higher on the list right now)?  Everything else about this airport works so well.  It is just a shame not to make it perfect. 

Hey Vic & Team,

While you are working on the cargo area (hopefully), there looks to be some cleanup work needed on the south side of LAX ... specifically the area bordering 25L/7R. I had a few FedEx flights departing from 25L and there are some houses on the runway and taxiway (see attached screen shot). In reality, the houses are obviously not nearly that close and are separated from the airport by the cargo/aviation/commercial areas and a highway. Thanks!25L.thumb.JPG.b648a76200b936d91591f5d5eb38acf6.JPG  

• 5 months later...
On 3/8/2017 at 0:27 PM, FeelThere said:

I cannot make any promises about it, but it will be considered.

Vic

Vic,

What's the word on this?  We never saw a reply to your comments in March and it's been 6 months.  Has this even been looked at?  Obviously you build in parking spots on that south end of the airport, but there is no use to them.  Just curious as to why this is still not available?