The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3d Pro Wind Indicator

BrendanMan33

The arrow is facing the correct direction as it shows the direction that the wind is moving.  The issue is airplanes need to fly into the wind when taking off and landing.  Most commercial weather displays either use a dot or the arrow points inward.  Here is an example wind at 266 degrees:

Wind Display

Sky king

I just meant its had its day and clearly its not getting fixed by feel there so im moving on and just enjoy the sim,  it bothers me also but we are beating a dead horse so to speak,  no doubt it will be rectified in the next version

20 hours ago, VenturaGuy101 said:

The arrow is facing the correct direction as it shows the direction that the wind is moving.  The issue is airplanes need to fly into the wind when taking off and landing.  Most commercial weather displays either use a dot or the arrow points inward.  Here is an example wind at 266 degrees:

Yes, in RL I am an ASEL and am very familiar with wind displays. Please note that your picture corroborates our complaint -- the numeric is 266 degrees and SO IS THE ARROW. In the program, they are 180 degrees apart. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, In my opinion, if you consider  the white geometric figure as a tetrahedron, then the wind direction indication is correct. If you see it as a wind sock, then it is not correct.

---------------------------

I must apologize for my above erroneous comment. I thank Sky King for his explanations.

Edited by joma
Recognizing error