The simFlight Network Forums

SAN Issues

B737max

there are several issues with san diego 

1. Airplanes keep turning in circles

2. airplanes can not exit via B9 or B10 unrealistic 

3. airplanes parking north terminal will not exit at C6 or C5 

When there are these limitations with one taxi way available it will make it unrealistic to simulate and really becomes more frustrating.  Personally i think with these issues its is a waste of add on.

Thanks

I have seen the San Diego spin but it doesn't do anything to cause issues. I can have planes exit B9 & B10 - could be something in your speech. And I can also have GA planes exit at C5 & C6 (depending on the plane type of course).

If you'll post logs/screenshots maybe you can get some support from the forum/FeelThere. 

so on the spinning airplanes i can only delete them, as far as speech when i use LAX or PHL no issue with the com, do you use charlie5 or C5, for B9 do you use BRAVo NINER or BRAVO NINE,  i found speech log, i just played the simulator B10 works but for life of me i can not the program to recognize 9 i say nine or niner also aiplanes that exit B6 they read back my instructions to exit at C6 since they park on the north side but they still exit B6 so i dont know why they wont exit C6

output_log.txt

I say BRAVO NINER. The speech log would indicate how the sim is interpreting you. The file gets real large so you probably want to delete it before your session (it will get recreated) if you want to post it.

Regarding the spinners that you have to delete. Flight numbers and a log file can pinpoint the problem - there are gates here and there that have issues.

Now onto the GA planes. I may have spoke too soon about C6. Running your 10:00 scenario I couldn't get N80DX or NDU634 to exit at C6.  By default NDU634 would exit at C4, but I could get it to exit at C5.N80DX would always exit at B6,

8 hours ago, crbascott said:

I have seen the San Diego spin but it doesn't do anything to cause issues.

Except having to issue a go-around for the next incoming aircraft on short final when the spinning delays the line-up on the runway and closes the timeframe for take-off.

2 hours ago, DeltaVII said:

Except having to issue a go-around for the next incoming aircraft on short final when the spinning delays the line-up on the runway and closes the timeframe for take-off.

It appears what I call the San Diego spin is different from yours. Mine occurs after take-off - rather hilarious honestly. Whatever you have experienced, I have yet to. 

12 hours ago, crbascott said:

It appears what I call the San Diego spin is different from yours. Mine occurs after take-off - rather hilarious honestly. Whatever you have experienced, I have yet to. 

i dont remember which time scenario the spinning ac happened but mine was a sw airplane after pushback on bravo just kept spinning, also did you look at my speech log file to see why i can not get a response for B9?  thanks

No - I am just a lowly unpaid forum member that tries to help on occasion. I suggested the log files, primarily for the devs, but I will take a look at your speech log if time allows. Can you provide a callsign to limit the wild goose chase? 

Regarding your spinner you'll need to provide a callsign and log for that too. As just running the time scenario doesn't mean the same gates will be used.

20 hours ago, crbascott said:

My San Diego spin happens during lining up for the runway at either point 9@B10 or 27@B1.

But I have also experienced a spin after take-off once. It's just that it happened at KLGA when taking off from runway 31@Z, but I couldn't reproduce it by now nor do I remember the flight or configuration.

7 hours ago, DeltaVII said:

My San Diego spin happens during lining up for the runway at either point 9@B10 or 27@B1.

But I have also experienced a spin after take-off once. It's just that it happened at KLGA when taking off from runway 31@Z, but I couldn't reproduce it by now nor do I remember the flight or configuration.

I have seen it at KLGA from 31 as well.  Full length T/O. It does not seem to be repeatable nor happen on all T/O's. It is difficult to get a log file as it is so intermittent & you only know it happens if you are watching the A/C at the split second that it does it. Even running a log file on every session may or not show up the spin if it happens.

Kev M

On 3/5/2018 at 10:24 AM, B737max said:

the log file is only for one airplane i deleted old file and ran the sim so i can just have the problem with B9 logged.  the spinner i dont remember but when i do i will send the info

Actually your log file has multiple planes in it, but I figured the plane in question is DAL1692. Looks like it is interpreting whatever you said as DELTA ONE SIX NINER TWO EXIT AT TAXIWAY BRAVO.

Excerpt from your log: 

REC : DELTA ONE SIX NINER TWO EXIT AT TAXIWAY BRAVO
winner idx: 51
winner txt: #airplane1 EXIT AT TAXIWAY #taxiway1
winner txtr: DAL1692 EXIT AT TAXIWAY B

Excerpt from my log:

REC : DELTA ONE SIX NINER TWO EXIT AT TAXIWAY BRAVONINER
winner idx: 51
winner txt: #airplane1 EXIT AT TAXIWAY #taxiway1
winner txtr: DAL1692 EXIT AT TAXIWAY B9

My suggestions would be (1) make sure to not let up on PTT too soon, (2) don't talk too slow, and if all else fails, (3) train your speech. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another issue is also with phi airport when you give taxi instruction J-G-E-S the planes go on J pass G and make a uturn to E by E3 in order to make the plane turn on G the instruction has to be J-G, just another issue with all other issues, also my B9 in San still does not work.  

20 hours ago, crbascott said:

@DeltaVII @B737max

After being on the forum a few years I've learned a couple of things:

• If you have an issue that is not specifically related to the original topic (i.e., SAN issues), it needs to be posted in a separate topic
  • If you want an issue to be addressed, include a log and/or screenshot.

Absolutely correct sorry