The simFlight Network Forums

KSFO Pushback not working

nrholland

I just started using KSFO this morning.  Some of the planes had no pushback problems at all.  However I set the clock for 0900 and ran into some problems.  First one was a Delta 767 for KJFK.  I pushed Pushback and the runway number (1L).  I hit send.  Nothing happened.  I did it multiple times, but nothing happened.  The next plane I tried was a United 787 for KIAD.  I did it the same way as the Delta plane.  It, too, did not work.  I also did it several times.  Nothing happened.

Is anyone noticing the same problem.  Thought I would mention it to see if anyone is seeing the same issue.

6 minutes ago, nrholland said:

I just started using KSFO this morning.  Some of the planes had no pushback problems at all.  However I set the clock for 0900 and ran into some problems.  First one was a Delta 767 for KJFK.  I pushed Pushback and the runway number (1L).  I hit send.  Nothing happened.  I did it multiple times, but nothing happened.  The next plane I tried was a United 787 for KIAD.  I did it the same way as the Delta plane.  It, too, did not work.  I also did it several times.  Nothing happened.

Is anyone noticing the same problem.  Thought I would mention it to see if anyone is seeing the same issue.

You need to provide a log so it can be looked into

You have two options:

• Run the sim using tower3d.bat. It will create a file called game.log in your tower root folder. 
    • game.log will only get created/overwritten if/when you start the sim using the bat file
  • Run the sim as normal. After your session look for a file called output_log.txt in your tower3d data folder. 
    • output_log.txt gets overwritten each time you start a new session

Posting either one of those files will meet the provide a log ask.

Craig

I tried running the sim again. (At 0900)  This time I got the United 787 for KIAD to work.  But the Delta 767 for KJFK still did not work.

My next problem is I tried looking for "game.log" and I couldn't find it.  I tried looking for "output_log.txt" and I couldn't find it either.

Sorry for all these problems that I am causing (or, rather, that are showing up in my game).  I can use all the help I can get.

2 hours ago, nrholland said:

I tried running the sim again. (At 0900)  This time I got the United 787 for KIAD to work.  But the Delta 767 for KJFK still did not work.

My next problem is I tried looking for "game.log" and I couldn't find it.  I tried looking for "output_log.txt" and I couldn't find it either.

Sorry for all these problems that I am causing (or, rather, that are showing up in my game).  I can use all the help I can get.

Gate assignments are dynamic. I would assume your issue is related to specific gates, so you may have different results depending on where the planes are parked.

output_log.txt is definitely on your computer. If you have the non-steam version and used the default install location, you need to look in the following folder:  
C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro\tower3d_Data

If you have the Steam version, try looking here:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro\tower3d_Data

I tried running the .bat file.  The game starts fine, but there is no game.log file in the main Tower3D directory.

Maybe I'll just have to delete the plane when  it shows up in the game.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:54 PM, FeelThere Ariel said:

Have you tried running the .bat file every time?

The main gate that won't pushback for me is the one on the American/Virgin America Gate that is directly facing the player/tower. It's the one on the far side of this terminal which  has the aircraft directly facing you if that makes sense. I've yet to get an aircraft successfully push back from it.

39 minutes ago, Fresco3 said:

The main gate that won't pushback for me is the one on the American/Virgin America Gate that is directly facing the player/tower. It's the one on the far side of this terminal which  has the aircraft directly facing you if that makes sense. I've yet to get an aircraft successfully push back from it.

That sounds like the same one where the Delta flight is that I have that won't do pushback.

14 hours ago, crbascott said:

You may need to change the security settings of the Tower!3D Pro folder and subfolders to allow modify/read/write permissions.

I believe I found it and changed the security settings to access everything.  I unchecked where it says "read only".

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:48 PM, nrholland said:

I tried running the sim again after I changed the security to read all and checked "allow" to everything.  Now the United 787 for KIAD is not pushing out again like it wou,ldn't when I originally tried it.  My idea as to what the problem is is that something is wrong with the gate assignments.  The Delta 767 for KJFK has always been parked at the same gate.  The United has parked at two different gates.  I believe one of the gates will push it back while the other one won't.  That's my observation.  Anyone having the same problem? Mine occurs at 0900 in the morning.

5 hours ago, nrholland said:

I tried running the sim again after I changed the security to read all and checked "allow" to everything.  Now the United 787 for KIAD is not pushing out again like it wou,ldn't when I originally tried it.  My idea as to what the problem is is that something is wrong with the gate assignments.  The Delta 767 for KJFK has always been parked at the same gate.  The United has parked at two different gates.  I believe one of the gates will push it back while the other one won't.  That's my observation.  Anyone having the same problem? Mine occurs at 0900 in the morning.

This is not an uncommon occurrence. The devs can change the plane type that can park at a gate if it is an issue. Share a screenshot and log file and it just might get fixed. 

Looking back at this thread, you've mentioned 3 airports - KSFO, KIAD, and KJFK. What sim are you playing?

3 hours ago, crbascott said:

This is not an uncommon occurrence. The devs can change the plane type that can park at a gate if it is an issue. Share a screenshot and log file and it just might get fixed. 

Looking back at this thread, you've mentioned 3 airports - KSFO, KIAD, and KJFK. What sim are you playing?

Tower 3d! Pro, not Tower 2011.  I only mention KIAD because it's the destination of the United 787 flight.  I, of course, don't have KIAD in Tower 3D Pro since it hasn't been made yet.

I know how to send a screenshot of my c drive and the file where Tower 3D is.  However, I don't know how to send a screenshot of the airport itself.  Do I snip it somehow?

1 hour ago, nrholland said:

Tower 3d! Pro, not Tower 2011.  I only mention KIAD because it's the destination of the United 787 flight.  I, of course, don't have KIAD in Tower 3D Pro since it hasn't been made yet.

I know how to send a screenshot of my c drive and the file where Tower 3D is.  However, I don't know how to send a screenshot of the airport itself.  Do I snip it somehow?

My bad - I overlooked the "for KJFK" and "for KIAD". If you have Windows 10 you should have the Snipping Tool (which is what I use) or you can try Alt-PrtSc for a screenshot.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:50 PM, crbascott said:

My bad - I overlooked the "for KJFK" and "for KIAD". If you have Windows 10 you should have the Snipping Tool (which is what I use) or you can try Alt-PrtSc for a screenshot.

Here is the Delta 767 for KJFK.  I push "pushback" and it does nothing.  The camera does not enlarge it or anything.  It just sits there.

KSFO 1 Delta.PNG