The simFlight Network Forums

Same airplane callsign at the same time...

Kenneth Axi

Just experienced something strange on KLAX; Suddenly I had TWO airplanes arriving with the SAME CALL SIGN! Different types of planes, but same call sign. I couldn't control the second one since the first one always "took control". I had to delete the first plane to be able to control the next. See screenshot. Starting time 18:00 and game clock is at 18:06 when it happened.

double_vir23_callsigns.png

7 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

you can change it an also atccontrol-joe he does schedules an his klax is a really is good

Is there any manual or instruction on how to change the schedule? Haven't done that before. Don't even know what files to edit...

U can go to YouTube but it’s really easy for arrivals atl, lax, 320, dL,  2300, 11:00, 12:00,1, dl an for departure lax, atl, 320, dL, 2301, 12:00, 13:00, 1, dL for the arrival the departure city goes first an the destination then the flight name an flight number then arrival time an departure time but for departure u put lax as the departure an Atlanta for the arrival plane type an an IATA code then the flight number an then u flip the arrival time with the departure time 

It's in the "klax_schedule.txt" in the "Extensions\Airfields\KLAX\" path of your Tower!3D installation.

The line to delete reads
"LHR, LAX, 77L, VS,   23, 18:03, 12:00, 1, VS"

If you delete the line with aircraft type 788, the game will not be able to restart that plane going back to LHR at 21:06 under flight number VIR24.

3 hours ago, Kenneth Axi said:

Perfect! Found it! Thanks for the help!

Save yourself time and hassle and give my custom LAX schedule that I wrote a couple months back a try.  It's FAR more complete than the developers original schedule and is loaded with GA and cargo (which you didn't get in the original).  All the instructions are in the README file for deploying the custom schedule, terminal file, airlines, etc.

PS --- VIR73 that you showed in the picture doesn't even fly to LAX anymore.  VIR73 is now a 747 service from Manchester to Orlando.   

"VIR73 that you showed in the picture doesn't even fly to LAX anymore.  VIR73 is now a 747 service from Manchester to Orlando."

To be fair, time impacts all schedules - real traffic or custom. Just looking at the first 10 flights of Joe's LAX schedule that is only a few months old shows there have been quite a few changes:

AAY335 - typically arrives in the afternoon versus midnight
AAL1147 - B738 now instead of A321
CSN327 - typically arrives around 7pm versus near midnight
SWA1207 - no longer a LAX flight
SWA867 - no longer a LAX flight
UAL815 - was an arrival, now is a departure flight using a B752 instead of a B739
NKS339 - A320 now instead of A319
ACA787 - B38M now instead of A320
GTI1820 - no change 
UAL1165 - no change

I've been sitting on KPHX schedules for a couple of weeks waiting on the SP to be released and I know it is no longer "current". Schedules are like PC's, as soon as you get one you know something newer/better is out there. 🙂  

On 5/31/2018 at 4:07 AM, ATControl -- Joe said:

Save yourself time and hassle and give my custom LAX schedule that I wrote a couple months back a try.  It's FAR more complete than the developers original schedule and is loaded with GA and cargo (which you didn't get in the original).  All the instructions are in the README file for deploying the custom schedule, terminal file, airlines, etc.

PS --- VIR73 that you showed in the picture doesn't even fly to LAX anymore.  VIR73 is now a 747 service from Manchester to Orlando.   

I tried it and I really really love it! THANK YOU for a very good schedule/plane loadout etc...! Amazing job!