The simFlight Network Forums

Downloading Tower 3D Pro problem

vhmaw

Hi,  must have missed something in the pay for it and obtain it routine.

Purchased thru the Feelthere site and received my receipt from BMT with the essential product registration key.

No download link.

Something about Steam mentioned, so I opened my account but found nothing there.

Steam are happy to have me repurchase program,  of course.

Can someone point me in the right direction I have all the emails documented etc.

Mike.

Hi  have opened my Steam a/c and looked under all of the tabs etc.  Not been able to find where I can download TowerPro.

The only way appears to be if I purchase TowerPro via Steam/Games.

Due to the timezone differences I dont expect an answer to this until my Tuesday morning early which is your Monday pm.

Oh hum, will just have to keep flying around waiting for clearance.

Mike.  😎

Did you get 2 emails or 1 email?

When i ordered off the website i got 2 emails, a receipt and another with further download instructions.

Is it possible one may have gone to your spam folder or been accidentally deleted?

Ben

Hi Ben,  thanks for the heads up,  yes BTM sent me two emails, neither contained a download link.

I emailed BTM only to be told go to Steam, or contact feelthere.zendesk.com , which I did and

They referred me to the note on "Feelthere"web page about "Steam"download.  Whatever that is!

I have a steam account but cannot find within it anywhere to download this program.

Yes I have checked spam mail repeatedly,  no joy.

Ben, just noticed you are about 3 hours ahead of me could explain why I am not getting any response.

When I am awake and functioning everyone in the US is asleep and vice versa.  Now of course its the weekend and I dont expect much to happen until Tuesday moring Brisbane time.

Again thank you for the reply and moral support. 

Safe landings Ben

Regards Mike.😎

Yeah i know how that time difference feels!

On the bottom left when you open steam, there is add game.

If you click on this there is an option to activate product on steam, this may be where you put your registration key?

I'm not 100% sure as i bought mine directly from Steam

8 hours ago, hexzed said:

Yeah i know how that time difference feels!

On the bottom left when you open steam, there is add game.

If you click on this there is an option to activate product on steam, this may be where you put your registration key?

I'm not 100% sure as i bought mine directly from Steam

Purchasing from Steam directly seems to be the answer, the "add a game" tab within Steam still requires a 10 to 15 digit product code which I dont have and does not appear on BMT paperwork.

7 hours ago, winsaudi said:

@vhmawMike,

I suggest you email cservice@bmtmicro.com they are normally very helpful.

Wayne

Hi Wayne, at least BMT respond to emails but cannot help as they are only money collectors, not product distributors.  Now they tell me!!!!!

Asked for a refund and was directed back to "feelthere.zendesk" (who as you may remember are not responding to emails until Monday morning).

My fault for purchasing on a Friday from the US.  Hmmmmmmmmmm.

I also "Assumed" that the system was automated, like PMDG, ORBX, NAVDATA. FSPILOT,   etc, etc.

My fault NEVER assume.

I am trying to remain calm and the response on this site is helping.

As I have a registration key,  all I need is the product code.  Or is that breaking the rules"??

Mike.😎

1 hour ago, hexzed said:

Yeah you buy a game and just want to get your teeth into it 😃

Once you get it though, like the rest of us you'll be hooked 😎

Great can't wait, long time ago I purchased London Control, excellent training base but lacked the eye candy of TowerPro.

It was good training and helped me to get a Tower licence on vatsim.

😎

4 hours ago, hexzed said:

Yeah you buy a game and just want to get your teeth into it 😃

Once you get it though, like the rest of us you'll be hooked 😎

Great can't wait, long time ago I purchased London Control, excellent training base but lacked the eye candy of TowerPro.

It was good training and helped me to get a Tower licence on vatsim.

😎

Mike, I am in Brissie also. I have been doing the tower thing since 2011. Very early. I have always purchased through ATC suite or feelthere via BMT micro, the distributors.

I have had occasions where I have had to go back to BMT to refresh the download links. Like you, I though that of a weekend here you would not expect a reply until the next US work day. No, I have received replies from Barb on Sunday afternoon.  Their service is good on that respect. Remember BMT micro is a large organisation supporting lots of software world wide. I guess it is in their interest to have weekend staff on duty to answer queries. Also always keep your download emails for future reference. YOU WILL NEED THEM. (sorry of the caps but trying to make a point).

Get RT & RC & enjoy the sim.

There is a lot of guys on the forum how are very helpful

Kev M

On 7/22/2018 at 11:33 AM, hexzed said:

Good to hear. Now it's the lure of real traffic, real colour and multiple airport dlcs!

Onto the next problem, how to know when you have had enough ATCCCCCCCIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!

LOL.

Vic,

The downunder natives are getting restless & there is a lot more of us now. (I will even include NZer's) . How about considering a YXXX airport. YSSY, YMML, or even YBBN.

YSSY has been suggested before & has a fairly interesting runway arrangement, separate terminals and an ever increasing variety of operators. 

I believe there used to be a problem getting the OK to use non US airport graphics. Was that only for twr2011 or does it still apply, or have I got it wrong, again.

Kev M