The simFlight Network Forums

kmem is out

Braf123456

That's disappointing, Craig, though in some ways understandable.  Memphis is hardly a megalopolis, and most other population centers within driving distance have their own airports.  Sounds like we may be better off creating fictional schedules for this particular add-on.  I suppose sooner or later they will get around to KORD, KDFW, and then perhaps even EDDF, EHAM,  and EGLL (we can still dream can't we?) for us heavy traffic junkies.  Oh well...

Andrew

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

That's disappointing, Craig, though in some ways understandable.  Memphis is hardly a megalopolis, and most other population centers within driving distance have their own airports.  Sounds like we may be better off creating fictional schedules for this particular add-on.  I suppose sooner or later they will get around to KORD, KDFW, and then perhaps even EDDF, EHAM,  and EGLL (we can still dream can't we?) for us heavy traffic junkies.  Oh well...

Andrew

EGLL and EGKK are in the pipeline Vic said on Facebook

5 hours ago, Avwriter said:

Andrew

I don't think the existing game engine can do "heavy" traffic airports justice. As much as I'd love to see KDFW or something similar I think they would be much better under the next version of Tower assuming it will not have the same limitations we have now (only one arrival allowed per minute, slow aircraft departing runways, 20nm final approaches, separation limitations, restrictive crossing runway operations, gate availability, etc.). The limitations are amplified when playing multiplayer - which has become my preference.

poeple need to stop complaining if they think they could do better they go create their own game

This was you in a different Topic. How can you say that other people should stop complaining or do their own game whilst you complained about stuff in so many other topics and even start complaining here about Atlanta.

at atlanta it would make that airport un playable for single players beccouse right now i hate doing atlanta

Second thing I wanted to say:

It would be nice if you could start learning some things about grammar and punctuation so you can be better understood. Because sometimes I need to read your posts like three times to understand them!

Cheers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Braf123456 said:

even now with the setup its hard i would hate have three airplanes coming in at the same time at atlanta it would make that airport un playable for single players beccouse right now i hate doing atlanta on 100% traffic i like the current setup

The density slider is there to make the game more playable. Expecting to play the busiest airport in the world at 100% with realistic traffic volume as a single player is a little naive in my opinion. 

Unfortunately, some airports at 100% are not very challenging - especially in multiplayer, but obviously single player as well. KMEM could be the best designed airport ever, but  the traffic volume (or lack thereof) will not appeal to everyone and that appears to be the focus of the early complaints.  

Also - you can't can't have "three airplanes coming in at the same time" at KATL. That's one of the limitations I mentioned. 

Well, maybe just put the departure heavy times together with the arrival heavy times? So right now there are times where you actually have 70 arrivals in one hour and times where you have 60 departures. So if you would bring these times together it would definitely spice things up

20 minutes ago, hexzed said:

I think it has the md88, i'll double check when i get home, unless someone else knows

28 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

ok thanks man i am looking to do a custom schedule an american airline fly the maddogs into kmem does that plane have a livery

There are no AAL liveries for any of the MD versions. 

• Like 1