The simFlight Network Forums

BOS bug, reported already?

CL30

Has this bug been reported for BOS?  

• I am using 15R @ taxiway Zulu for departures, and I'm having aircraft hold short of Zulu for sequencing.
  • JBU 2723 has been given a Line Up and Wait command, and is in position on 15R. Pic #1
  • DAL 2079 was taxiing via Bravo, and given a Hold Short of Taxiway Z command. Pic #1
  • I then gave DAL 2079 a Continue Taxi command.  Pic #2
  • Instead of holding short of runway 15R, DAL continues onto the runway and plows into JBU. Pic #3

This is the only airport/intersection that I seem to have this problem.  All other times, at any other airport and/or intersection/runway, when giving a Hold Short of Taxiway ___ command, and then a Continue Taxi command, the aircraft will always hold short of their departure runway.  Has this bug been reported?

I've even tried giving a Hold Short of Runway 15R command after allowing them to continue taxi, and they STILL plow into the back of the other aircraft on the runway.  😞

This is Tower 3D Pro, Win 10, version SP3.3c.

I'll be happy to re-create and provide an Output Log, but I'll need a refresher on how to do that.  If this bug has been reported already, then disregard my post.  

yf7q10w.png

LyYZaTT.png

HqJwqst.png

7 minutes ago, SimmerCanuck said:

I've seen this before at other airports. The problem is that if you issue a hold short of a taxiway, it cancels all holds past that, including the implied holds at the runways. Using hold position followed by continue taxi doesn't do this.

Strange.  Never seen that at any other airport except BOS, and only at this intersection.  I understand how the Hold Short of ____ cancels all other hold lines and runways after that (I use that all the time), but I've never seen them taxi passed the hold short line and onto their departure runway.  

I'll try giving the Hold Position and then Continue Taxi to see if that's a work-around for this spot.  Thanks!

16 minutes ago, SimmerCanuck said:

I've seen this before at other airports. The problem is that if you issue a hold short of a taxiway, it cancels all holds past that, including the implied holds at the runways. Using hold position followed by continue taxi doesn't do this.

Tried using Hold Position, followed by Continue Taxi, and the plane still taxied past the hold short line and into the aircraft holding in position.  Oh well.

20 hours ago, SimmerCanuck said:

This is exactly right. Seen it at LAX myself as well.