The simFlight Network Forums

Ancient bugs on SP3

xendra

1 hour ago, xendra said:

From 2017 on March all flights freezes touching on the runway, over two seconds. Freezes the same time on departures, at eight thousand feet. Also jumps so strangely at few seconds later.

Thanks in advance!

Javier

SPAIN

I've seen posts about the freeze/pause, but nothing before on the departures. How can you see still see a plane at 8000 feet from the tower in this sim?

FYI - If you seriously want this looked at by the developers you'll need to provide logs and screenshots.

Sorry. It's at eight hundred feet.

At departures are a displacement to rear of the flights and later they jumps. Very, very strange.

I don't understand why those bugs, that disfigure the 3D vision isn't solved.

Is output_log.txt that I must to send?

Thanks

Actually the more I think about it, the log file won't indicate a pause/freeze. A video would more appropriate. 

However, the developers have indicated that the base game is locked (i.e., no more SPs). I'm sure if a major bug popped up they'd fix it, but I don't think this qualifies (especially since it has been mentioned before).  I don't want to stop you from doing anything, but just thought I'd help set your expectations.

16 minutes ago, xendra said:

Do You experience the same problem, or only a few users?.

Youtube vídeos posted by some customers, suffers the freezes.

Yes, but for me and what I have seen it just a slight momentary freeze. Personally, I haven't seen it to be a big enough issue to pursue. 

Nevertheless, hopefully the next version will also take the the sim to the next level graphically.

10 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Yes, but for me and what I have seen it just a slight momentary freeze. Personally, I haven't seen it to be a big enough issue to pursue. 

Nevertheless, hopefully the next version will also take the the sim to the next level graphically.

Will the new sim  be a completely new game we have to buy?

1 hour ago, crbascott said:

I think it's the exact same moment that sometimes aircraft make an airborne 360, like I've experienced at Kennedy, LaGuardia, San Diego, San Francisco.

2 hours ago, AirJamaica said:

Will the new sim  be a completely new game we have to buy?

Yes, that is what Vic has implied; a new version written from the bottom up using his experiences with the current version as a means for improvement. AJ, Vic did mention he would like (no guarantee) to include more airports with the release version of the new game than the current sim had to increase the value we would receive for purchasing.

Personally, it is a easy buy for me as there are many small and a few large items needing better solutions or implementations. I am excited for when he makes an official announcement.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, xendra said:

Sorry. It's at eight hundred feet.

At departures are a displacement to rear of the flights and later they jumps. Very, very strange.

I don't understand why those bugs, that disfigure the 3D vision isn't solved.

Is output_log.txt that I must to send?

Thanks

xendra: Not that it really helps, but my hunch is that the freeze/jump is the game transitioning to and from ground control to air control internally. This is one of the items that I am sure will be mentioned on the new version fix list.

It's the moment in Tracon when the departing aircraft calls departure ("departure, argentina one three zero three with information delta at  9 hundreds climbing to 5 thousands").

Is it coincidential that the aircraft in Tower freezes when in Tracon - using similar logic in the process of a flight, I guess - it would call departure? Probably. But being a programmer myself, I would not be surprised, if that was not a coincidence. It has always been my guess that there's some timed internal calculation or trigger for a process related to the aircraft's movement that's stalling the animation for a moment - especially when that happens repeatedly, then there must be a rule why that happens.

1 hour ago, DeltaVII said:

It's the moment in Tracon when the departing aircraft calls departure ("departure, argentina one three zero three with information delta at  9 hundreds climbing to 5 thousands").

Is it coincidential that the aircraft in Tower freezes when in Tracon - using similar logic in the process of a flight, I guess - it would call departure? Probably. But being a programmer myself, I would not be surprised, if that was not a coincidence. It has always been my guess that there's some timed internal calculation or trigger for a process related to the aircraft's movement that's stalling the animation for a moment - especially when that happens repeatedly, then there must be a rule why that happens.

True, but that moment does not occur unless the pilot is instructed to contact departure which isn't happening with the freezes. It's probably more along the lines with what @Pdubya is saying.

The modern blocks (.dll) programming has good flexibility, but wastes tons of CPU cicles and Gb of RAM.

This involves that Tower 3d PRO airports needs a monster GPU?

Why the legendary Flight Simulator X, needs a light GPU to move tons and tons of his dinamyc sceneries?

Thanks