The simFlight Network Forums

Thomas Cook Airlines Now Defunct

ATC AlaskaGuy

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2019 at 10:21 AM, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

oh really so not only did they provide airfare accommodations they also have/had hotels wow I also saw the airline Condor might have to halt all operations as they r a subsidiary of Thomas Cook airlines, they r seeking help the German government.

Thomas Cook was a subsidiary of Condor.

Sad to see another airline disappear, but the reason I think they went under is because Easyjet undercut them and flooded  their markets. Also Thomas Cook were slow to move with the times like other airlines were doing.

Easyjet have almost 50 percent of total daily movements at Gatwick, as owners of that DLC will see when controlling at that airport.

The majority reason Thomas Cook went under is the fact that more and more travelers do not buy package deals via such airlines anymore.

Using websites and apps you can now search for your own cheap hotel and tickets. Thomas Cook did not 'go with the flow', changed their company policy in time to become 'just a normal airline;  if you will. Now it has to pay the cost for that.

On 10/28/2019 at 11:44 AM, cHabu said:

The majority reason Thomas Cook went under is the fact that more and more travelers do not buy package deals via such airlines anymore.

Using websites and apps you can now search for your own cheap hotel and tickets. Thomas Cook did not 'go with the flow', changed their company policy in time to become 'just a normal airline;  if you will. Now it has to pay the cost for that.

Basically, that's what I said?

"Thomas Cook were slow to move with the times like other airlines were doing"