The simFlight Network Forums

Updated Liveries

OneNothing

Looking for some help, folks...... With the updated  liveries, I still need some guidance on how to make them not be overwritten by other Real Color packs.  For instance, when I renumber the SFO files to 99, the game then shows all white planes.  Has anyone else had this happen?   I'm sure this is probably "operator error" so could I get some detail on exactly what needs to be done.  Thanks!

Has anyone ever thought about how the Color Packs should be numbered to display the most current livieries?
By this I mean that it also takes into account what percentage of an airline's fleet actually uses a new livery. It may also be possible for an airline to currently only use a new livery in a specific region. I don't think that sorting by release and update date might be the right thing to do.
@Pedantic G do you have an idea, or anyone else?

There could be a multitude of unending different orders that you could put the RC packs into. 

To keep it simple for most people then in release date is the most logical.

If you know what you are doing then i guess it would be up to the individual to ascertain what is best for them?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, EliGrim said:

Has anyone ever thought about how the Color Packs should be numbered to display the most current livieries?

In theory they are but the problem arises where you have "updated packs" such as we have had with KLAX, KJFK, KSFO, EDDM and EGKK (and soon to be LEBL by the sound of it) which have their original number.

As the game loads in RC (Manifest) Pack number order even updates in these can be overridden by later versions that still have an older livery so as hexzed says you can renumber to suit your own requirements if you know what you are doing. In the current format of the game this is all that can be done I am afraid.

I try to keep the Master List updated with what new liveries, new freighter versions etc are in each of the RC packs and @hexzed, @battlehawk77and myself try to get as many of the updated liveries, if applicable, in each new/updated airport RC pack releases as possible if we are involved in the airport testing etc but it is a nightmare and with the soon to be released Dallas and Tokyo airports to add there will be some 2500 lines in the list to try and keep on top of.

• Thanks 1