The simFlight Network Forums

Can't control cockpit light brightness

Trenkiw

I have checked the thread below, but only see the issue with the landing lights illuminating the cockpit at night has been included.

Could you please confirm if the following issues with lighting in general will all be fixed or enhanced in the next, or a subsequent service pack?

• During daylight hours there is NO cockpit lighting working at all. It makes the cockpit too dark on a cloudy day. Will daytime lighting be implemented?
  • Will cockpit lighting be made dimmable?
  • At night, there is a 2 or 3 second delay for either the chart lighting or dome light textures to be displayed when changing view (I have a high-spec PC and don't have this issue with other aircraft. I also use ChasePlane, so unsure if this is a factor). Will this be addressed?
  • Cockpit night lighting makes the cockpit textures 'fuzzy', especially lettering.

Edited by Papa Golf
Removed some comments
  • Upvote 1

On 12/23/2019 at 12:33 PM, Papa Golf said:

Why are you not going to fix the daylight lighting?

I agree, I personally don't care about not being able to dim lights (although that would be nice), but being able to turn them on during the day is an absolute must for me

At $60 each, you only need to sell 35 of these and then pay the $2,100 commercial license for TFDi Design's RealLight. That would sort both the daytime and nighttime lighting issues out. I know it's not as simple as that, but interior lighting is really hampering what is essentially a good product!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Papa Golf said:

At $60 each, you only need to sell 35 of these and then pay the $2,100 commercial license for TFDi Design's RealLight. That would sort both the daytime and nighttime lighting issues out. I know it's not as simple as that, but interior lighting is really hampering what is essentially a good product!

Agreed.  The interior lighting looks terrible; a very amateur-ish aspect of the product. Even FS9 planes had better lighting than this.  It's also practically impossible to fly this plane at night, at least for me.  The only lights that are bright enough for me to see outside with are the landing lights.  The taxi lights don't show up from inside the cockpit.  And there's no load manager.  Good grief.

I wish I had realized these things before purchasing.  I would have waited for some of the bugs to be worked out or perhaps I wouldn't have purchase in the first place. 

This plane has real potential, and looks great from the outside.  The FMS is superb.  But it's going into storage for now, at least until more of these basic "should have been fixed during beta testing" are addressed.

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2019 at 3:59 AM, Shaun Huband said:

Agreed.  The interior lighting looks terrible; a very amateur-ish aspect of the product. Even FS9 planes had better lighting than this.  It's also practically impossible to fly this plane at night, at least for me.  The only lights that are bright enough for me to see outside with are the landing lights.  The taxi lights don't show up from inside the cockpit.  And there's no load manager.  Good grief.

I wish I had realized these things before purchasing.  I would have waited for some of the bugs to be worked out or perhaps I wouldn't have purchase in the first place. 

This plane has real potential, and looks great from the outside.  The FMS is superb.  But it's going into storage for now, at least until more of these basic "should have been fixed during beta testing" are addressed.

There is a load manager. All be it simple. Feelthere-E170

• Upvote 1