The simFlight Network Forums

A few glitches maybe?

osulover15

Picture 1: 

Every once in a while I get a random airplane that just does his own thing. This one is not following taxi way. I've had one spot where the plane does a 360 then continues on.

Picture 2:

I have Real Color for all the airports I have. For some reason I still get white planes. This one should be Air Canada 

1.png

2.png

Assuming that you are using the latest RT and RC versions and have installed an RC pack from the following airports, the Air Canada livery for the B787-9 should be shown: CYVR, EDDF, KLAX, OMDB, YMML. Since you're playing CYVR, I assume that's the case. Maybe reinstalling RT and then the RC packs will help.

What the pilot does on the first picture, the airline will definitely be charged for. 😉

Picture 1

This is fairly common, especially in the older DLC's (i believe it's based in how the gate the plane is coming from has been programmed)

Picture 2

If you do have RC for CYVR then it's not installed correctly, as you have the old Air Canada liveries still displaying

56 minutes ago, hexzed said:

If you do have RC for CYVR then it's not installed correctly, as you have the old Air Canada liveries still displaying

Something must be wrong with the installation, if RC for CYVR is used and there are white planes which should have colors. But I would not put it on old versus new liveries. I also have a mix of old and new liveries, which is probably due to the loading order of the RC packs.

t3df_ac_liv.jpg.ccbec51d79a4a445d1663d25c51e55bd.jpg

5 hours ago, EliGrim said:

...which is probably due to the loading order of the RC packs.

I'm sure you know this, but for others information the fix for this is here

Which was my first post here (for some useless information) 😆

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, hexzed said:

Which was my first post here (for some useless information) 😆

And you somehow managed to link it in your one thousandth post. Happy Forum Anniversary (or what they say in this case). 🥳🎉

7 hours ago, hexzed said:

I'm sure you know this, but for others information the fix for this is here

Actually I know about it, but I generally assume that the RC Packs have not been renamed, unless otherwise stated.

I myself also use the leading zeros, but at some point I reversed it for exclusively KPHL and KLAX to get a certain mix. But that has no effect on the Air Canada Liveries as far as I can tell. For the screenshot I also had to rename back some of the others.

On 4/14/2020 at 9:56 AM, EliGrim said:

I also have a mix of old and new liveries, which is probably due to the loading order of the RC packs.

Don't complain about old & new liveries. That's realistic. Sometimes it takes years for an airline to repaint all the aircraft. Mostly done during major layups. The odd one in the old livery adds realism to the game. I like it. 😁

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 707FAN said:

The odd one in the old livery adds realism to the game. I like it. 😁

It’s either all old or all new for a specific airline/model. Not exactly what I’d call “the odd one” or realistic. But it’s all we have at the moment. 

It will be interesting to see how they address the RT/RC product in the next version. The current approach they’ve used since T!2011 definitely has its limitations. 

I may be wrong but I think they did it on purpose.  For example, Frankfurt has smaller Lufthansa planes with the new liveries.  But the heavies (747, A340) have the older liveries.  I've seen this in Munich as well.  Tokyo Haneda has it as well for Japan Airlines.

7 hours ago, nrholland said:

I may be wrong but I think they did it on purpose.  For example, Frankfurt has smaller Lufthansa planes with the new liveries.  But the heavies (747, A340) have the older liveries.  I've seen this in Munich as well.  Tokyo Haneda has it as well for Japan Airlines.

I can 100% guarantee all Lufthansa liveries were updated for Frankfurt. I would say this is a loading order issue.

In regards to Tokyo, yes there is a mixture 🙂