The simFlight Network Forums

[v4.5 - Microsoft Flight Simulator] FlightControlReplay v4.5 compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator with Enhanced version

1 hour ago, FlightSimFreddy said:

Can you please just release it? Its february now and the beta seems to work since december..

It is still in closed beta, we have to wait for version 4.5. Once you get the update notification you will be able to use it in MSFS2020.

I bought it because I saw a video with the title : FlightControlReplay v4.5 to Support Microsoft Flight Simulator, Available in January.

When will it be published?

Thanks

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2021 at 7:28 PM, Xxllboyboy1001 said:

Is there a maximum duration FCR can record for? Like can it record a full 5h flight and still be able to replay the full flight? 

Never tested with five hours flight but I think there are no issue about ! Good test to make !! I ll do in next days 😉

If Customers have already paid for it, and are willing to deal with bugs knowing full well that it is in beta status, what is the downside of adding them to the beta?

It’s hard to understand why the size of the beta can’t be expanded for willing Customers who are chompin’ at the bit.   Is there a technical reason they still have to wait?

16 hours ago, FabioMerlo said:

Never tested with five hours flight but I think there are no issue about ! Good test to make !! I ll do in next days 😉

Noooooo!!!! LOL Seriously I'll test it as new beta tester right now!  LOL.  I'm with the crowd chanting "we already have, a beta simulator, please release it now, rather than later!"  

:)

13 hours ago, Toneking77 said:

If Customers have already paid for it, and are willing to deal with bugs knowing full well that it is in beta status, what is the downside of adding them to the beta?

It’s hard to understand why the size of the beta can’t be expanded for willing Customers who are chompin’ at the bit.   Is there a technical reason they still have to wait?

That pretty makes sense. Even if a customer paid and gets a beta version, he might be disappointed, because it lacks of functionality, has bugs or simply is not fully compatible with his system - or whatever. So the reaction could be posting on social media and internet forums, that this product is shit and doesn't work correctly. And I'm not talking about one single person, but a bunch of them. Some posting videos of how buggy it is for them. Others messaging the creator all night long trying to force him to fix it faster and so on.
There also might be a bug that can't be fixed for some systems (or similar) and it wasn't known before the beta. Some smartass kiddies then want their money back and such shit, because they believe they bought the whole world for 18 euros.
Later then, when the product is ready to be released, it's reputation already has been ruined - like the nerves of the programmer.
And just in case you wonder who does such things: A lot people do, because a lot of people act like kids or are simply trash. So therefore fully understand to not release it before a reasonable stable version is achieved.

• Like 1

Yes it might have some bugs (all apps do to some extent) but plenty of people who have access to the beta seem to be using it ok. I'd be certainly happy to use it in it's current state, it mustn't be far off from being complete.

If Fabio is just waiting for the upcoming update I'd rather he said so, then we can all patiently wait, until Asobo do their thing.

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks !

beta 4 is the best version we had with a lot of under the hood improvements ! 

the window of release is in one week ! I want give the most beautiful experience for the customer !

FlightControlReplay (the original 😀) is more than a replay tool (available for msfs p3d fsx and esp) , is a tool useful for instructor , for standard user , for advanced users , for you tubers and streamers .... and i started work for the future vNext  version . I ll add a lot of things (also in v5 ).  All updates are free for all customers ! My policy is pay once approach ! 

stay tuned 

f

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karli D said:

There also might be a bug that can't be fixed for some systems (or similar) and it wasn't known before the beta.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply.   

You’ve got some good points there, and the quote above would be a solid technical reason to keep the beta closed.

It is frustrating to see the YT vids showing how well it works, and it being a product that is DESPERATELY needed for this Sim.  The good news is we’re super close to getting our hands on it.

Thanks again.

Edited by Toneking77
Correct a typo.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mustard said:

Don't take too long to release it because Asobo announced in his last video that they will soon release the Replay mode. You risk losing purchases if you wait too long.

Dont worry ASOBO will not release this feature soon 😛. And i want add also that FlightControlReplay it is not only a replay tool ! I have tons of features that for sure Asobo never will develop soon on MSFS !

12 minutes ago, FabioMerlo said:

Dont worry ASOBO will not release this feature soon 😛. And i want add also that FlightControlReplay it is not only a replay tool ! I have tons of features that for sure Asobo never will develop soon on MSFS !

No, Asobo is working on it, and the mass don't need any functions that work instantly 100% perfect. We just need a function to replay and that seems to work for a long time now. Dont understand, why you do not just realise it now and update it frequently... next week the "window" starts and then we have to wait again one week, that schoud not be like this...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FabioMerlo said:

According to Asobo the Replay function already exists as a prototype they were using for their development and trailer needs. But this function is not complete and is not integrated in the simulator (it's external). It just remains to do that, integrate it into the game and have an interface, which means it can be done quickly.

personally I wanted to buy your addon, but since Asobo's last announcement about a Replay coming soon, I'm not sure to buy it finally. So don't wait too long because now I'm probably not the only one in this case.

Nevertheless, great thanks for your great job.

Edited by mustard
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

From Fabio's post above dated Monday February 1st at 12:56pm:

=====================================================================================

Posted Monday at 12:56 PM

Hi Folks !

beta 4 is the best version we had with a lot of under the hood improvements ! 

the window of release is in one week ! 

==============================================================

With the intense interest, I'm sure the date won't slip!  The countdown to release/download has begun!!

• Like 1

Hello Fabio! I am a fan of shooting videos in flight simulators. Tell me, do I understand correctly that your updated Flight Control Replay will provide the same video shooting capabilities using a 60 fps render? as for example it is in X-Plane 11 with already built-in renderer, and how was it in FSX using Fsrecorder 2.0? And yet, I have version 4, I used it in Prepar 3D. But this version did not have a render function, only a replay. Is the updated Flight Control Replay also suitable for Prepar 3D for shooting video with rendering of 60 fps?