The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 7 alread running problem after previous closing

cellular55

Hi,

I have just installed the last patch of MSFS and effectively the FPS drop seems now solved, but I'm facing another strange issue. 

I run MSFS and then I activate FSUIPC to do some first tests.

After I exited from MSFS and also from FSUIPC7 (exit option in the menu of the icon).

Relaunching after MSFS a second time I tried to activate again FSUPC7, but I get the message that FSUIPC is already running.

The problem is that if I go in the task manager FSUIPC is not listed in the active programs and does not appears anywhere.

Is there a problem when exiting? How is it possible to avoid the issue?

Thanks and kind regards

Joe

2 hours ago, cellular55 said:

The problem is that FSUIPC does not appear in the Task manager

And not in the 'details view (as a background process)? Can you please check this again. Also, could you attach your FSUIPC7.log file generated when this occurs please.

I see you have several VRI devices - could you try adding this to the [General] section of your .ini file:
     VRIDisableCMDRST=Yes

5 hours ago, cellular55 said:

The problem is that FSUIPC does not appear in the Task manager (I have also problem with P3D that is not properly closing, but in that case I'm able to end it through the Task Manager).

FSUIPC7 runs in the System Tray. You need to exit the application from there to clear the hanging background task.

Hi,

issue occurred again. Closed FSUIPC (also clicking on Exit in the icon in the system tray) and MSFS 2020. Reloading MSFS 2020 and try to run again FSUIPC, I get the message that FSUIPC is already running. Only way to solve is to restart the PC as FSUIPC does not appear anywhere also in the Task Manager (running or in background processes).

Attached the log

KR

Joe

FSUIPC7.log

22 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

issue occurred again.

This seems to be an issue with VRI devices. Did you try that ini parameter I mentioned previously? There are other posts on this as well with possible solutions. please search.

24 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

Only way to solve is to restart the PC as FSUIPC does not appear anywhere also in the Task Manager (running or in background processes).

I find this very strange. Can you please double check the background tasks please. I could update to manually remove the mutex (which is what is preventing FSUIPC7 from running) earlier in the shutdown process, but this would mean whatever background task you have running would still be running, and most probably would affect performance or functionality. You log shows that FSUIPC has not terminated and closed the log file, so there MUST be something still running - you just need to find it in the background processes and terminate.

John

43 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

issue occurred again. Closed FSUIPC (also clicking on Exit in the icon in the system tray) and MSFS 2020

Try enabling the auto-close option in FSUIPC7, and closing MSFS first instead of FSUIPC.

It is probably some timing problems with interaction with the VRI devices. This sort of thing has happened before on FSX and P3D. I'm pretty convinced it is to do with the serial port usage made by those devices, not terminating properly. When we've managed to actually get details, the thread which isn't terminating has actually hung in one of the Windows serial port driver functions. outside FSUIPC direct control.

LINDA's treatment of VRI devices seems to fare better.

Pete

Hi,

after to have inserted in the ini file the option regarding VRI (sorry I was forgetting the suggestion), the issue seems to be solved.

I have closed several times FSUIPC, while still in MSFS, and every time I was able to relaunch it without problems.

The strange thing is that I can ensure you that, when the issue was occurring, FSUIPC did not appear anywhere in the task manager.

By the way where I can find the auto close option?

Thanks for support (as always great) and KR

Joe