The simFlight Network Forums

Creating Schedule

eharvey650

4 hours ago, eharvey650 said:

What livery does Alaska Skywest uses? And when creating real schedule what IATA do I use OO or AS or neither?

Unfortunately, RC only has the "generic" Skywest livery no matter who the major carrier Skywest flies for. To be realistic, you'll want to use the IATA code of OO in order to speak/hear the Skywest callsign. 

You may want to check out the topic below and the attached spreadsheet for the RC master list. 

Thanks for the reply. I have the latest master list and it's been very helpful. I'm creating my very first schedule and it's for the KLAX airport. It's a week long schedule using the actual schedule taken from Radar24. It will be the week of 2 - 8 July 2022. I have a renewed respect for those who have created real schedules in the past.

In creating my KLAX schedule, what ICAO should I be using for American Eagle, Delta Connect and United Express flights? I'm currently using (ENY) for American Eagle, (EDV) for Delta Connect and (ASH) for United Express. If any of these are incorrect please give me the correct ICAO I should be using. I tried using (RPA) for American Eagle, but Schedule Builder wouldn't accept it. I want to make this schedule as realistic as possible.

The problem is: SkyWest operates the flights for all three in and out of LAX, with the only difference being the first digit of the flight number referencing the network. And there's no way to solve this in Tower!3D.

AA6278/SKW6278 ABQ-LAX

DL4012/SKW4012 SLC-LAX

UA5426/SKW5426 FAL-LAX

When Real Traffic came out, it used to be Envoy Air and Republic Airways for American Eagle, SkyWest for United Express and Compass Airlines for Delta Connection, but back then Virgin America was still around, so...

American Eagle, Delta, Connection, and United Express are not airlines. They are networks of regional carriers that operate for the major airlines under a codeshare and service agreement. You won't ever hear those names in ATC communications. Unfortunately regional carriers are not handled well by the game, RT, and RC. You can't have your cake and eat it to ... you have to make a sacrifice/choice.

10 hours ago, eharvey650 said:

I want to make this schedule as realistic as possible.

So, do you want realistic callsigns or realistic liveries? 

For American Eagle there are 6 regional carriers that operate under this network: Envoy (ENY), Piedmont (PDT), PSA Airlines (JIA), Mesa (ASH), Republic Airways (RPA), and SkyWest (SKW). In real life, these have an AAL flight number and a regional specific flight number. From a ATC perspective, the regional carrier flight number is used as the callsign/flight number for communication. So, are you going to sacrifice realistic callsigns and change all of these flights (and possibly plane types) to ENY in order to see the American Eagle livery?

The Delta Connection network is made up of Endeavor (EDV), Republic (RPA), and Skywest (SKW). So, again, is the choice to use realistic callsigns or change all flights to EDV in order to see the Delta Connection livery.  

The United Express network is made up of Air Wisconsin (AWI), Commutair (C5), GoJet (G7), Mesa (ASH), Republic (RPA), and Skywest (SKW). So, is the choice to use realistic callsigns or change all flights to a single region carrier to get the livery you want?

Alaska Airlines has a similar relationship with Horizon Air (QXE) and Skywest (SKW).

As I said, you have to make a choice/sacrifice depending on what your priority is: communication (callsigns) or colors (liveries).

Another challenge is the terminal file. But to be honest, there's no way to make gate parking realistic so I'm not even going to go into details on this.

4 minutes ago, DeltaVII said:

When Real Traffic came out, it used to be Envoy Air and Republic Airways for American Eagle, SkyWest for United Express and Compass Airlines for Delta Connection, but back then Virgin America was still around, so...

Actually, Skywest has never had the United Express livery in RC for T!3DP. It's always had the Skywest specific livery. 😞 

There is a third party conversion available
The same callsign is used, but the correct livery is used

This separates :
Republic Airways into American and Delta
Sky West into American and Delta
Mesa into American and United

4 minutes ago, MJKERR said:

There is a third party conversion available
The same callsign is used, but the correct livery is used

This separates :
Republic Airways into American and Delta
Sky West into American and Delta
Mesa into American and United

I think we should keep the talk to the out of the box game instead of bringing up something that is not supported by FeelThere nor supported on this forum. Take it to PM. And based on your reply you've either mistakenly omitted valid livery combinations or they are not available with this "conversion".   

7 hours ago, crbascott said:

Actually, Skywest has never had the United Express livery in RC for T!3DP. It's always had the Skywest specific livery. 😞 

True - but at least Skywest shared the ramp with United in the original version, so...

17 hours ago, crbascott said:

you've either mistakenly omitted valid livery combinations or they are not available with this "conversion".   

ASH. - Mesa Airlines, American Airlines livery
ASH` - Mesa Airlines, United Airlines livery
RPA' - Republic Airways, Delta Airlines livery
RPA. - Republic Airways, American Airlines livery
RPA` - Republic Airways, United Airlines livery
SKW' - SkyWest Airlines, Delta Airlines livery
SKW. - SkyWest Airlines, American Airlines livery
SKW_ - SkyWest Airlines, Alaska Airlines livery
SKW` - SkyWest Airlines, United Airlines livery

Seems to be valid

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/12/2022 at 11:24 PM, crbascott said:

From a ATC perspective, the regional carrier flight number is used as the callsign/flight number for communication. So, are you going to sacrifice realistic callsigns and change all of these flights (and possibly plane types) to ENY in order to see the American Eagle livery?

I thought that was why there are 2 'Airline' IATA codes in the schedule. The first one is for 'operator' and is used for callsign and flight number, the second is the 'airline' and would be used for the livery.

nvm, found the obvious mistake. The first is being used for all 3, and the second is completely unused even though it was clearly intended to used for liveries thus allowing these types of flights to work.