Jump to content

FlightControlReplay v5 [Released]


Recommended Posts

Hi Christian !

 

Thank you so much for your kind words !!! I appreciate all ! ūüėČ

  • Recording a video takes very long. One second of the flight takes about 20 seconds to record. The below video took about 3 minutes to record.¬†

Unfortunatelly this is the time that system need to render video, please try fast option in VideoRecording tab in FCR Option

 

  • The recording has no sound.
  • In the recording, the time seems to be fast-forwarded (clouds and cars are moving very)

This is normal in the rendering (NOT IN THE REPLAY obviously all it works well during replay ;-))

 

  • The recording stutters ('backwards-forwards-backwards-forwards etc)

Improvments are made in the next upcoming update ! ūüėČ

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

Are you up for a quick tutorial about how to record and replay a glider launch with its towing airplane in MSFS thanks to FlightControlReplay 5 ?

  1. Let’s start on the runway, seating in the glider, ready for towing by the Cessna ahead.
  2. Start FlightControlReplay 5, connect to MSFS, and in the options, activate the Options / General / Enable Record/Play Multi Objects at the same time
  3. Click on Record… and a new window opens.
    1. a. Specify the directory where you want to save the FCR files for your recorded flight
    2. b. Select both the glider and the Cessna towing airplane in the lower frame. If you don’t see them yet, click on the Refresh List button.
    3. b. Click on Start Record
  4. Stop the recording when you want.
  5. Use the Menu LOAD.
  6. With the first button at the top of the new window, select the FCR file of the Glider and activate the button ‚ÄúUser Plane‚ÄĚ, and click on Add To List.
  7. Repeat that now for the FCR file of the Cessna towing airplane, but, do not tick the box User Plane, and Add To List
  8. Load Replay !

Here is what you get, enjoy !

FCR5_glider03.jpg

FCR5_glider01b.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, riccardo said:

Hi, I bought the Flight Control Replay but with the 737 800 PDMG does not record spoilers, why? With the 737 700 you could see... i use mfs2020

Hi Riccardo,

I'm highly interested in checking that because I've had very low reports of such fail with the PMDG.

When you finish your recording session, the best is to go to MSFS main menu and reload a new flight. This is the only way to drain and reset the custom settings of the mobile parts of your advanced PMDG 737. When it's done and you have already clicked on the button "Ready for Takeoff", now you can load your replay in FlightControlReplay. Start and observe if the spoilers are now reproduced or not, they should !
If not, please send me a support e-mail with :

- a quick memo description of the problem

- attach the FCR file

- mention how the spoilers were activated in the sim (manual control from a mouse click in the virtual cockpit, or a command of your flight controller, is that flight controller button/axis is directly set in MSFS settings or is it set via FSUIPC for example, ok give me details like this)

- specify at which minute / second of the replay the spoilers should be activated.

Send all that at flightonfly [at] gmail [dot] com.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DEC22 Update Released

After the public release of FlightControlReplay version 5 last month, for Microsoft Flight Simulator and Prepar3D 5.x, the development priorities have been oriented towards the most demanded improvements : more aircraft add-ons supported, and improved Replay for smooth and accurate operation.

FENIX A320 SUPPORT IMPROVED

Unlike the PMDG 737 in MSFS, there were more bug reports from users flying the Airbus A320 of Fenix. This DEC2022 update should significantly enhance your experience, to ensure the best accuracy in the animated parts of your airliner during Replay. FlightControlReplay 5 supports the events of the Flaps, Gears, Ailerons, Spoliers, Reverse Thrust and Slats.

NEW AIRCRAFT ADD-ONS SUPPORT ADDED

I know that many of you want to enjoy nice views of your airliner during of after the flight session. That’s why I worked to implement the advanced support of new airliners and also the introduction of the helicopters support for the first time in FlightControlReplay 5.

  • MSFS iniBuilds A310 support for ailerons, spoilers, flaps, thrust reversers, elevators and rudder
  • MSFS Just Flight Bae 146 Professional support with flaps, tail spoiler, elevators, flaps and rudder
  • MSFS Helicopter Cabri G2 full support for Cyclic Collectic Pedals Animations and most switches in cockpit
  • MSFS Helicopter Bell 407 support for Cyclic Collectic Pedals Animations

MP4 VIDEO RENDERING ENHANCED

No more exception during activation. Advice : Use always MSFS on the Primary Monitor of your setup in the case that you have various monitors for the display.

REPLAY ALGORITHM IMPROVED

New Algorithm Enhancements for Fast Forward and Slow Motion. Now the Slow Motion is very smooth !

More performance, smoother Replay. You can set a target for your FPS setting in FCR options, so you can master the Frame Per Second Configuration. FCR respects the FPS setting value to ensure smooth Replay.

USER MANUAL UPDATE

Even the User Manual has been revised for a check of the visuals, and a new tutorial has been added : Replay and Record your glider with the towing airplane in MSFS, by using the Record Multi-Objects option of FlightControlReplay 5.

The management of your recorded flight files (FCR) has been revised to let you choose various settings : a custom prefix in the filename, to let FlightControlReplay 5 generate automatically the filenames upon dates and hour, and the destination folder of your files is also easier to handle when you start for the first time with FCR5.

INSTALL UPDATE AND UPGRADE FROM FCR 4.5

This update is free for all registered users of FlightControlReplay 5. If you want to upgrade your older program FlightControlReplay v4.5, here are the main benefits for you :

  • User Interface 2022 (MSFS + P3D)
  • Customizable Size and Transparency (MSFS + P3D)
  • ¬†
  • MSFS Toolbar integration and in-game controls (MSFS only)
  • Cinematic Replay with Automatic Cameras Switch (MSFS only)
  • GhostPlane : formation flying live with AI duet pilot (MSFS + P3D)
  • PMDG and Fenix A320 MSFS Support (MSFS only)
  • Next gen memory management for performance upgrade (MSFS + P3D)
  • Landing Touchdown Report (MSFS + P3D)
  • Crash-to-desktop recovery
  • Easy setup of the software
    • MSFS users : all included in 1 automatic setup
    • P3D users : the same 1 automatic setup and 2 Microsoft separate packages are required, free download for Windows.
  • FREE download of the User Manual at simMarket.
  • Reduced price upgrade if you own FCR v4.5

FCR5_screen003.png

FCR5_DEC2022_Update_1200x675.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Relevant FS Gear: 
P3Dv.5.2
PMDG 777-200
FCR P3DX v. 5.0.2211.4


Dear Fabio

Many thanks for carrying on your Replay development mate, when everyone else seems to ignore this - one of the most fascinating features in FS!

In my case, I am prevented in using MSFS, because this FS still doesn’t allow me to use a multimonitor setup with instruments, etc., spread over several monitors.

So here I am still in P3D.v5.2 / PMDG 777-200 with some issues which unfortunately gives me gray hair with your new version 5:

1.¬†¬† ¬†Aircraft light settings are not being recorded ‚Äď Or, at least not showing up during replay.
(had no problems here with your version 4.5)

2.¬†¬† ¬†Spoilers are not being correctly recorded ‚Äď Or, at least not showing up correctly during replay after landing. (had no problems here with your version 4.5)¬†

3.    Unfortunately, the usual well known sound distortion problem is sadly still an issue! This issue is, as far as I know, only relevant when looking at the airplane from outside during replay. Whereas replay sounds directly from the inside view of the cockpit has no issues whatsoever! 

How can we solve these issues, please?
Cheers,
Morten         

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/17/2022 at 9:55 AM, FabioMerlo said:

 

DEC22 Update Released

After the public release of FlightControlReplay version 5 last month, for Microsoft Flight Simulator and Prepar3D 5.x, the development priorities have been oriented towards the most demanded improvements : more aircraft add-ons supported, and improved Replay for smooth and accurate operation.

 

FENIX A320 SUPPORT IMPROVED

 

Unlike the PMDG 737 in MSFS, there were more bug reports from users flying the Airbus A320 of Fenix. This DEC2022 update should significantly enhance your experience, to ensure the best accuracy in the animated parts of your airliner during Replay. FlightControlReplay 5 supports the events of the Flaps, Gears, Ailerons, Spoliers, Reverse Thrust and Slats.

 

NEW AIRCRAFT ADD-ONS SUPPORT ADDED

 

I know that many of you want to enjoy nice views of your airliner during of after the flight session. That’s why I worked to implement the advanced support of new airliners and also the introduction of the helicopters support for the first time in FlightControlReplay 5.

 

  • MSFS iniBuilds A310 support for ailerons, spoilers, flaps, thrust reversers, elevators and rudder
  • MSFS Just Flight Bae 146 Professional support with flaps, tail spoiler, elevators, flaps and rudder
  • MSFS Helicopter Cabri G2 full support for Cyclic Collectic Pedals Animations and most switches in cockpit
  • MSFS Helicopter Bell 407 support for Cyclic Collectic Pedals Animations

 

MP4 VIDEO RENDERING ENHANCED

 

No more exception during activation. Advice : Use always MSFS on the Primary Monitor of your setup in the case that you have various monitors for the display.

 

REPLAY ALGORITHM IMPROVED

 

New Algorithm Enhancements for Fast Forward and Slow Motion. Now the Slow Motion is very smooth !

 

More performance, smoother Replay. You can set a target for your FPS setting in FCR options, so you can master the Frame Per Second Configuration. FCR respects the FPS setting value to ensure smooth Replay.

 

USER MANUAL UPDATE

 

Even the User Manual has been revised for a check of the visuals, and a new tutorial has been added : Replay and Record your glider with the towing airplane in MSFS, by using the Record Multi-Objects option of FlightControlReplay 5.

 

The management of your recorded flight files (FCR) has been revised to let you choose various settings : a custom prefix in the filename, to let FlightControlReplay 5 generate automatically the filenames upon dates and hour, and the destination folder of your files is also easier to handle when you start for the first time with FCR5.

 

INSTALL UPDATE AND UPGRADE FROM FCR 4.5

 

This update is free for all registered users of FlightControlReplay 5. If you want to upgrade your older program FlightControlReplay v4.5, here are the main benefits for you :

 

  • User Interface 2022 (MSFS + P3D)
  • Customizable Size and Transparency (MSFS + P3D)
  • ¬†
  • MSFS Toolbar integration and in-game controls (MSFS only)
  • Cinematic Replay with Automatic Cameras Switch (MSFS only)
  • GhostPlane : formation flying live with AI duet pilot (MSFS + P3D)
  • PMDG and Fenix A320 MSFS Support (MSFS only)
  • Next gen memory management for performance upgrade (MSFS + P3D)
  • Landing Touchdown Report (MSFS + P3D)
  • Crash-to-desktop recovery
  • Easy setup of the software
    • MSFS users : all included in 1 automatic setup
    • P3D users : the same 1 automatic setup and 2 Microsoft separate packages are required, free download for Windows.
  • FREE download of the User Manual at simMarket.
  • Reduced price upgrade if you own FCR v4.5

 

FCR5_screen003.png

FCR5_DEC2022_Update_1200x675.jpg

Getting a quite large bug while using the PMDG 737 involving wingflex. I'd suggest you take a look: 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

Just upgraded to V5 (5.0.2212.14). Recording the flight is ok but when I start rendering to MP4 I get the "lost frame-warning" and after closing that and the replay starts it is incredible slow (not possible to continue) and the resulting MP4 is just a few frames (ie a short quickly stuttering video). I have a RTX 3080 and 4K monitor. There are really no params to "play around" with in Options/Video so what should I try??

//Henrik

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Relevant FS Gear: 
P3Dv.5.2
PMDG 777-200
FCR P3DX v. 5.0.2211.4

Fabio!

The update version present to download now at SimMarket is a complete mess!
Options for saving *fcr files to a prefered path doesn't work - the path is not saved.
Strange error messages is also popping up randomly. 
Also the recordings itself are NOT saved whatsoever anyware!
At least the previous initial version generally worked as expected - except for some minor issues, which I mentioned earlier.   
 

Please be careful with your update work AND your version numbers which also are a complete mess.
Also please answer specific customers for their specific questions. In my case I had a polite approach to you and your work, which you ignored completely! 

/Morten  
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At least the size of your current update file at SimMarket - only about 30% of the previous exe file - reveals that something is fatally wrong!
As I told you a dussins of times in the past, PLEASE MAKE THE PURE BASICS RIGHT, before you expand into all kind of fancy new options, which you actually not are able to overview the consequences of into the original addon concept!

/Morten

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ranadona said:

Hello,

I installed the version that appears in Simmarket. In my application says FlightControlReplay v5.0.2212.22. But no ailerons, flaps, spoilers neither reverses for the A320 Fenix.

 

Hello,

please after record , go to the main menu , re choose a flight with Fenix , go to the runway and load replay from fcr . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/22/2022 at 8:07 PM, gylhen said:

Hi,

Just upgraded to V5 (5.0.2212.14). Recording the flight is ok but when I start rendering to MP4 I get the "lost frame-warning" and after closing that and the replay starts it is incredible slow (not possible to continue) and the resulting MP4 is just a few frames (ie a short quickly stuttering video). I have a RTX 3080 and 4K monitor. There are really no params to "play around" with in Options/Video so what should I try??

//Henrik

Hi Henrik,

lost frame warning s a normal warning from codec , ignore it . Slow frame is normal meanwhile you render the video . If you want test new beta rendering please check the appropriate option in fcr option (video rendering tab) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2022 at 4:13 AM, Morten said:

At least the size of your current update file at SimMarket - only about 30% of the previous exe file - reveals that something is fatally wrong!
As I told you a dussins of times in the past, PLEASE MAKE THE PURE BASICS RIGHT, before you expand into all kind of fancy new options, which you actually not are able to overview the consequences of into the original addon concept!

/Morten

 

 

Thank you Morten for your precious help and advices . 

there were no wrong steps during packaging . The different size is because in previous version there were some unuseful files, that thanks to different way of packaging i be able remove.

For error you had it will be useful that you let me know what the error tell (text on the error please ).

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FabioMerlo said:

Hello,

please after record , go to the main menu , re choose a flight with Fenix , go to the runway and load replay from fcr . 

Hello Fabio,

Thank you for your replay. I am sure I am doing something wrong because these are the steps that I am doing as you say:

-Record the flight (in my case just the final approach)

-I go to main menu (or even I close the MSFS)

-I go to the Word Map, I choose the Fenix and the same runway of departure, the aircrat is situated at the head of the runway.

-FCR is connected, load the flight recorded (especific folder, without any possibility of confusion) , but again no flaps, slats, reverses...

Thank you in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, FabioMerlo said:

Thank you Morten for your precious help and advices . 

there were no wrong steps during packaging . The different size is because in previous version there were some unuseful files, that thanks to different way of packaging i be able remove.

For error you had it will be useful that you let me know what the error tell (text on the error please ).

 

 

So far I vent back to your initial package (NOT your latest backup...)
further issues here:

1. As mentioned before from another user, your initial 1:1 replay is incorrect. One has to use half as slow speed in order to get things right.

2. Please DON'T advise your customers to use the default install path via C:\Program Files (x86) - Microsoft has all kind of silly bullshit "rights" in order to use that path, which usually makes a lot of unpredictable strange obstacles to FS addons - that is at least, seen from the Microsoft narrow perspective!!
Instead advice your customers to install DIRECTLY to the C:/ path - No bull there with "rights" and other silly stuff!

/Morten       

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Customers !

In a couple of hours a new Update of FlightControlReplay *v5.2212.27( build will be online and you ll be notified via simmarket.

 

This update fix this behaviour

 

Dec2022 Update - December 27th 2022 - changelog

  • PMDG Fenix BAE146 restore modules for replay Flaps, Ailerons, Reverse and Spoilers

 

Sorry for that but there were a bug into deploy process of past build. Now you can return to record and replay  replay Flaps, Ailerons, Reverse and Spoilers for Fenix, PMDG and Bae146

Sorry for the inconvenience

Fabio

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/26/2022 at 1:43 PM, FabioMerlo said:

Hi Henrik,

lost frame warning s a normal warning from codec , ignore it . Slow frame is normal meanwhile you render the video . If you want test new beta rendering please check the appropriate option in fcr option (video rendering tab) 

Thanks for your reply Fabio!

Rendering is extremly slow when not using "Fast Videorendering" - enabling it makes it acceptable (if not using 4K) but when rendering, the result is "speeded up", ie seemingly at 3-4 times the speed of the replay (no "speed buttons" used)?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

I hope you have enjoyed the latest improvements introduced by the Dec22 update. Other fixes have come on top in the last days, in order to restore the best support for the PMDG 737 MSFS, particularly for the wingflex effects during Replay, and also the Just Flight BAe 146 Professional MSFS, with its animated parts reproduced by FlightControlReplay.

These past days, several partners shared the information about my tool including HeliSimmer among other news for helicopters fans in MSFS. The new support of helicopters like the Guimbal Cabri G2 adn the Bell 407 by FlightControlReplay open new perspectives and experiences with Replays in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Find below videos using FlightControlReplay 

HeliSimmer
An ALOUETTE III is being made for MSFS!!! + more news - Weekly FlyBy | HD 1080p

The complete post is here :
https://www.helisimmer.com/news/flightcontrolreplay-dec2022-update

Pilot Studd
MASSIVE MSFS Add-On *GIVEAWAY* | Pilot Studd Christmas *Giveaway*! | PC/Xbox Prizes! | HD 1080p

AviationLads
Aerosoft - Ibiza Airport v2 | Microsoft Flight Simulator [Official Teaser] | 4K

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

However much I try when rendering, the resulting video is "speeded up", seemingly at 3-4 times the speed of the replay (no "speed buttons" used)! I guess it must have something to do with the FPS, but in the settings I can only choose 60 FPS!? Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

//Henrik

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Henrik !

in your case you need adjust the fps setting (at the top of fcr option dialog ) . In this text box you can write the fps number you reach with msfs and you can configure it ! 
 

60 fps combo box (in the video rendering ) is for video render not for replay feature 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AviationLads published a retrospective video of various promotional clips that they made in 2022 and that impacted a lot in the flightsim community : aircraft, sceneries, even virtual airlines partnered with the video producer to showcase spectacular features and visuals.

All these videos were recorded with the steady help of my tool FlightControlReplay. As you can see, it is also used by professional and content creators because it's well loaded with unique features, and it supports many other addons with specific code like the advanced airliners of PMDG 737, Fenix A320, iniBuilds A310, Just Flight 146 Professional, Cabri G2 and Bell 207 Helicopters.

I hope you enjoy this trailer for memories of 2022 fantastic releases.
Watch directly the part dedicated to FlightControlReplay at 2'00 in the video.

AviationLads
Official Trailer GoodBye 2022 | 4K

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.