The simFlight Network Forums

Reak Color KATL Tower 3D Pro

GKibby

Same with me.  I called BMT Micro and they checked and discovered the error.  They said they would resend the email to me once they have a download link.  I imagine they will send it to everyone who placed the order but don't know for sure.  Jeff

We were notified by BMT as well. I would think it's a small glitch somewhere as I personally checked and the files are associated with the product. Knowing how reliable BMT is I would suspect they will fix it very soon (also we sold many copies of this add-on and as far as I know only 2 people reported it to them).

The issue is noted and we are in the loop too so it will be (or already) fixed.

Thank you for the understanding

Vic

7 hours ago, crbascott said:

Can you share what new planes/liveries are included with RC for KATL (assuming you have RC for all the airports)?

Thanks, Craig

I have all the RCs except for KATL and TIST.  I am only seeing a few "white tails" about so far.  Most are cargo planes, but of particular note are missing liveries for DAL 73W (737-700), DAL A321, and ASQ CRJ.  So I suppose there are a few that could be filled in. The question is whether RC KATL includes these?  Still watching for a DAL A330 (DAL added a bunch of these to their fleet in the last couple of years, but so far have not seen one yet in the game).  Some more cargo liveries would be great as well.  KATL gets a lot of international cargo such as Lufthansa Cargo, Air China Cargo, KAL Cargo, TNT,  Airbridge, Cathay Pacific Cargo, as well as the occasional Cargolux and Atlas.

Andrew

Out of the 69 planes in Real Color for KATL, these are the new planes that I have seen so far:

Delta, Spirit A321
Virgin A333
Lufthansa A343
UPS AB6
Delta 737
Speedbid, Korean Air B77W
ExpressJet CRJ
Pinnacle, ExpressJet CRJ2
ExpressJet CRJ9
UPS MD11
Air Shuttle E170
Boutique Air Pilatus PC12

RickyJ

The price is $6.99 for RC for KATL basically making it $.10 a plane.So, for someone that has purchased the other real color add-ons the value of the 14 new planes at KATL adds up to $1.40.  

For comparison purposes, RC for KJFK got us about 60 new planes and RC for KSAN only got us 2 new planes. Both being sold for $6.99. Incredible!

Seems to be an unfair pricing model - especially for loyal customers. Caveat emptor!

Craig

PS - I noticed this issue in Tower!2011 and was hoping it wouldn't carry over to Tower!3D. Unfortunately, it has. I really really hate white planes, but even though $6.99 is not a lot of money it does add up after a few airports. So, out of principal I think I'll pass on new RC purchases for a while.   

15 minutes ago, crbascott said:

The price is $6.99 for RC for KATL basically making it $.10 a plane.So, for someone that has purchased the other real color add-ons the value of the 14 new planes at KATL adds up to $1.40.  

For comparison purposes, RC for KJFK got us about 60 new planes and RC for KSAN only got us 2 new planes. Both being sold for $6.99. Incredible!

Seems to be an unfair pricing model - especially for loyal customers. Caveat emptor!

Craig

PS - I noticed this issue in Tower!2011 and was hoping it wouldn't carry over to Tower!3D. Unfortunately, it has. I really really hate white planes, but even though $6.99 is not a lot of money it does add up after a few airports. So, out of principal I think I'll pass on new RC purchases for a while.   

I hear you Craig.  I only bought a couple of the Tower2011 RCs because so little of the liveries was actually visible in a top down view (especially ones like DAL).  With 3D, it definitely adds a lot more to the experience.  However, after you have a few, there is less and less impetuous to buy RC's for all the newer add-ons, but I am glad that it is set up the way it is (the packs add together cumulatively).   It is easy for me to imagine a less scrupulous developer making livery packs that ONLY worked with the airport they were designed for, so that you basically had to buy everything over and over again if you wanted coverage at each airport.  That would have been a true rip-off.  What we have here is reasonable to me, since each customer can pick and choose how complete he wants his livery collection to be.  I can fully see how if someone just now discovered and bought Tower3D, and was especially interested in, say, KATL, they might purchase that one and perhaps 1 or two more.  In our case, since we were here from the start, we did it the other way around (KLAX and KJFK cover the vast majority of aircraft at KATL, KSAN, and KPHL).  No big deal.  As for a few white planes, I have said it before and will say it again.  IRL it is quite common to see a few of them out an about at a major airport.  I see them at KATL quite often (usually cargo planes on temporary lease to other carriers, DOJ prisoner transports, or various charters).  Really no big deal to me.  Just my 2 cents.

Andrew

Ok , so I purchased KATL and RC. Andrew I know this has been said before but This is a huge airport. On to my question . I'm seeing loads of aircraft with TA on the tail. Has my RC downloaded properly. Should I be seeing these.

thanks 

Russell

8 minutes ago, Russellfire said:

Ok , so I purchased KATL and RC. Andrew I know this has been said before but This is a huge airport. On to my question . I'm seeing loads of aircraft with TA on the tail. Has my RC downloaded properly. Should I be seeing these.

thanks 

Russell

TA?  isn't that one of the default airlines?  Sounds like you forgot to update Real Traffic before installing RC.  Go back to your original purchase link for RT and download the newest version.

PS. It's not just you.  It is rather large :-)   I do find myself needing to reduce the percentage of traffic flow when not using an SC schedule.

Andrew

1 hour ago, Avwriter said:

I hear you Craig.  I only bought a couple of the Tower2011 RCs because so little of the liveries was actually visible in a top down view (especially ones like DAL).  With 3D, it definitely adds a lot more to the experience.  However, after you have a few, there is less and less impetuous to buy RC's for all the newer add-ons, but I am glad that it is set up the way it is (the packs add together cumulatively).   It is easy for me to imagine a less scrupulous developer making livery packs that ONLY worked with the airport they were designed for, so that you basically had to buy everything over and over again if you wanted coverage at each airport.  That would have been a true rip-off.  What we have here is reasonable to me, since each customer can pick and choose how complete he wants his livery collection to be.  I can fully see how if someone just now discovered and bought Tower3D, and was especially interested in, say, KATL, they might purchase that one and perhaps 1 or two more.  In our case, since we were here from the start, we did it the other way around (KLAX and KJFK cover the vast majority of aircraft at KATL, KSAN, and KPHL).  No big deal.  As for a few white planes, I have said it before and will say it again.  IRL it is quite common to see a few of them out an about at a major airport.  I see them at KATL quite often (usually cargo planes on temporary lease to other carriers, DOJ prisoner transports, or various charters).  Really no big deal to me.  Just my 2 cents.

Andrew

Bottom line though, someone new to the ATC Suite of products and add-ons may not realize exactly what is included in a new Real Color release. Unfortunately, Nyerges does not provide any details so it takes someone to actually buy the product to know what/if anything new is actually being delivered. Personally, I feel like an idiot for buying RC for KSAN. Again, it's not all about the money but it is also about the principle of buying something that I already had and didn't even know it. It may not be unscrupulous, but I definitely feel ripped off.   

But, as you said, not a big deal. I'll still sleep well tonight. And if/when I buy KATL (whenever it goes on sale) and I see a white plane I'll just imagine it's another group of prisoners flying through Atlanta. :)

Right on Craig.  Yes I too wish FeelThere and Nyerges would work together more closely to better integrate their products, or at least to explain the system more clearly to new-comers.  Several times, I have hesitated to recommend Tower3DPro to friends/colleagues who are into aviation just because there is so much trial an error purchasing, installing, and tinkering needed in order get it functioning the way it should.  I don't mind it so much personally, having come all the way through Tower2011 and Tower3D, but I know several people who would enjoy seeing and playing it on my computer, but who simply would not have the time or patience to wade through the forum and go through process of figuring out all the ins and outs.  It is something FeelThere really needs to work on for the next version if they want to expand their customer base.

Andrew

33 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

TA?  isn't that one of the default airlines?  Sounds like you forgot to update Real Traffic before installing RC.  Go back to your original purchase link for RT and download the newest version.

PS. It's not just you.  It is rather large :-)   I do find myself needing to reduce the percentage of traffic flow when not using an SC schedule.

Andrew

Your right Andrew, didn't update real traffic thank you. ?

Russell

1 hour ago, Russellfire said:

Your right Andrew, didn't update real traffic thank you. ?

Russell

Enjoy!  I am having so much fun with KATL, but I am still  rooting for EGLL for you.  Even if it is yet another parallel setup, I am realizing that in 3D, the differences between the airports really come alive.  With Tower2011, after KATL came out, I never really bothered with KLAX again, but with Tower3D the atmospheres between the two are completely different, I am sure I will be coming back to KLAX soon.  EGLL with its double perimeter taxiway would also make for a very different strategic situation, more like KJFK than either of the other two.  Nevertheles,s KLAS and KBOS should bring some welcome cross-runway action soon.  The future is looking bright  :-)

Andrew

12 minutes ago, Bill Smith said:

Hi I have updated the latest RT for Tower3D Pro and installed the RC for KATL but I still only see TA on planes tails all the plane are the same colour. What am I doing wrong

Bill

Hi Bill.  If you are seeing TA or other default airlines, then either you did not install RT correctly (should be installed to root directory of Pro) , or you installed an older version (file should be named be RT_Tower3D_Pro_sp3).  If I recall, it seems like one of the download links still had the older version, but the other did not.  Could you have accidentally downloaded the version for the standard Tower 3D?  For RC, make sure that you pointed the installer to Tower3DPro/Extensions/Airplanes folder.  Double check everything.  Hope this helps. 

Andrew

bill, thanks to Andrew who prompted me to upgrade my Real Traffic I have now got it sorted. Are you sure you are downloading to the right directory and you have updated your Real Colour and Real Traffic to the latest update.

Russell

P.s Andrew thanks for the prompt telling me to upgrade my real traffic. KATL:- Now the challenge begins. Could be picking your brains in the future.

23 minutes ago, Russellfire said:

P.s Andrew thanks for the prompt telling me to upgrade my real traffic. KATL:- Now the challenge begins. Could be picking your brains in the future.

By all means.  Do also see the post on "KATL operations" that I put up yesterday.  I am updating it as I come up with additional thoughts.

Andrew

3 minutes ago, Bill Smith said:

Well I did as directed and still have the same problem installed latest RT and RC

Bill

Hmmm....  I know that's frustrating, Bill.  Clearly something has gone wrong in the process, as others here do not have this problem.  I just don't know what.  Hopefully, Vic will see this and have some suggestions of his own.  I am just a fellow user, and do not represent FeelThere.

1. Did you have RT/RC working before with any other airports? 

2. Without RT/RC was KATL running normally with fake airliners in fake liveries?

3. Did you buy Tower3DPro from FeelThere's  website, or via Steam (Do not know that this makes any difference) just trying to establish facts for Vic.

4. You could always try uninstalling the whole game and reinstalling everything, but I know what a pain that is.  It may be better to wait for Vic to respond.  Perhaps start a new thread with "Attn: Vic" in the title, and copy paste the relevant posts from this threat so that will more quickly see that you need help. 

Best regards,

Andrew