The simFlight Network Forums

LEBL Runway and taxiway charts

707FAN

I have LEBL working fine but can not find any decent airport runway/taxiway charts. I thought I saw some earlier on the forum but can't find them now,

Can someone point me in the right direction for decent charts.

Kev M

1 hour ago, 707FAN said:

I have LEBL working fine but can not find any decent airport runway/taxiway charts. I thought I saw some earlier on the forum but can't find them now,

Can someone point me in the right direction for decent charts.

Kev M

Hi Kev,

Have done a fair bit of work on LEBL with Gabor, doing some testing and suggestions for changes and airlines for schedule and RC etc and have attached some of the documentation I found when I was looking into the operations of Barcelona (probably more than you need but the larger document is good for insomnia but does give some good taxiing operations once you can find them !).

Due to the limitations of the game logic a number of taxiways have had to be merged but it still operates pretty well and realistically.

I suggest watching Flightradar to see how it really operates which I have been doing for a number of weeks now to test but basically in 95% of the time I have looked the West routing (using the 25's) is used during day light operations (7am to 11pm) with the 25L for departures (except some of the heavies do go off 25R especially if 25L is backed up) and 25R for arrivals.

For 11pm to 7am the airport switches due to noise restrictions to the East set up (again used for 95% of the time I have looked at it in real life) with arrivals on Runway 2 and departures on 07R. On very rare occasions due to wind this can be operated using 25L for arrivals and departures.

I know Joe has done  a YT video on this using a different runway config which gives some good clues on how to operate but for what its worth these are my hints and tips from observations and testing:

*  For 25R arrivals they will turn off to the left towards Terminal 1 so for Terminal 2 arrivals you will need to instruct to vacate right on P5 or P6 otherwise it can get pretty clogged up moving around the airport. Ditto for 7L arrivals if operating an Easterly 7's set up (ie instruct Terminal 2 arrivals to exit left).

* If using the 25L for Terminal 1 departures the path to G1, G2 or G3 is pretty self explanatory but for Terminal 2 they game suggests crossing 25R and then follow D1 & K. If you watch Flightradar operations this does not happen if arrivals are stacked up for 25R (which is quite a lot of the time in daylight operations) so the actual path is to use S, M, D1 and K (or S, M D1, K for Cargo operations)

* If you really want to operate realistically I really do suggest watching FlightRadar for actual operations and quirks as it really helped me and if you really want to be Pedantic like me and operate under RNAV departures you can instruct 25L depatures to turn left 179 degrees at 500ft and 7L departures to turn right 090 degrees at 500ft as in real life. Watch the YT videos and FR as it really does happen 😂

Probably way too much info but you did ask!

Have fun operating 😉

Gary

Barcelona Current.pdf

LEBL Maps.pdf

1 hour ago, andredragt said:

If you ask them that, they will go to the start of 25R to cross there  😞

Only normally does that for terminal 2c flights (easy jet etc) but unfortunately that is an issue from that side of the airport due to game limitations. I normally follow the default routing for these and play 25R "chicken" across the runway or route them via B GN E7 E1 etc and hold them at S, then reroute via S, M, D1, K 😫

Edited by Pedantic G
edit text

I thought I would add this information as I use to fly this route alot on the vatsim network on FS9. 

Realistic Runway Setup (inc. noise restrictions):

7L = mainly for arrivals but is often used for departures as well (heavies usually - A330/340/380, B747/777/787)

7R = mainly for departures but it is used as an overflow for arrivals in busy periods

2 is used only at night (2300 - 0659). 20 is not used at all.

See page 2 of the following document for details:
http://vau.aero/navdb/chart/LEBL.pdf

Thanks to @crbascott for providing a much more up-to-date chart 

Thanks for all the replies it is appreciated. There is no such thing as too much info on these sorts of things.

Now to sort out the schedule as I have noticed that there are several hi profile airlines missing from the schedule i.e SQ & EY. Also CX is not in the schedule but given that they only recently started operating into BCN that can be expected. I am not complaining. 

All in all a good job done by Gabor and all those who helped get the airport released.

Kev M