The simFlight Network Forums

Camera position

AirJamaica

I was thinking , maybe it's an idea too choose where your main camera position will be when playing a session.

For example LFPG. I would love to see the main camera near terminal 2 where the most airliners/liveries are settled. The tower/cam position is a bit too far where you can't really see what's going on at terminal 2.

My suggestion would be to keep the default view as is, from the tower, but have additional views that could be brought up on demand, from various points around the airport.   I would imagine that such options exist for controllers at larger air[ports.

Andrew

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

My suggestion would be to keep the default view as is, from the tower, but have additional views that could be brought up on demand, from various points around the airport.   I would imagine that such options exist for controllers at larger air[ports.

Andrew

Thats exactly what I mean.

2 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Something we can consider for the next version. 🙂 However, wouldn´t it NOT be too realistic? 

Depends on the airport doesn't it? Don't some airports have ramp controllers that control the ramp area and they are not located in the tower?

Which begs the question, how is FT handling the multiple control towers (East and West) of KDFW? Will there be separate views or an "unrealistic" central tower view? FYI - The central tower is not used by ATC.

9 hours ago, crbascott said:

Depends on the airport doesn't it? Don't some airports have ramp controllers that control the ramp area and they are not located in the tower?

Which begs the question, how is FT handling the multiple control towers (East and West) of KDFW? Will there be separate views or an "unrealistic" central tower view? FYI - The central tower is not used by ATC.

Yes, many airports have ramp towers, and in tower 3D we must do the ramp controller's job in addition to Ground and Tower positions.  It seems clear that the current game is simply not designed to handle the complexity of multiple towers.  It remains to be seen whether they will try an airport like KDFW or EHAM that has them.  Honestly, for it to be an effective simulation, complex multiplayer, from multiple viewpoints would be needed.  It would be neat to see, though I have my doubts they will go that far even in the next version.  Time will tell.

Andrew

27 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

But I haven't seen anything about dfw 

I've deleted the email but it was from over 3 weeks ago. In a blurb about what was next it said:

Dubai - OMDB already in testing, release very soon
KDFW - Dallas in design
... and even more to come in the next 2-3 months. 

I hope that's good enough for you until you see something with your own eyes. 🙄

• 1 year later...