The simFlight Network Forums

Real Traffic Issue - KRDU Duplicate Flights

crbascott

I saw a post on Steam where someone complained of some duplicate flight number issues with KRDU, so I decided to look into the schedule and found a plethora of duplicate flights. Looks like a SP is more than likely needed.

AAL2018 - Two departures with the same destination and flight number 8 minutes apart with different airplanes E90, 319
AAL2018 - Two arrivals wit the same origination and flight number 11 minutes apart with different airplanes E90, 319

AAL2495 - Two departures with the same destination and flight number 5 minutes apart with different airplanes 319, 73H
AAL2495 - Two arrivals with the same origination and flight number 5 minutes apart with different airplanes 319, 73H

DAL1088 - Two departures with the same destination and flight number 6 minutes apart with different airplanes 717, 320

DAL1482 - Two departures with the same destination and flight number 5 minutes apart with different airplanes 320, 73H

DAL1803 - Two departures with the same destination and flight number 19 minutes apart with different airplanes M88, 73H
DAL1803 - Two arrivals with the same origination and flight number 6 minutes apart with different airplanes M88, 73H

DAL2502 - Two arrivals with the same origination and flight number 10 minutes apart with different airplanes 320, 73H

DAL2838 - Two arrivals with the same origination and flight number 32 minutes apart with different airplanes 73H, M88

FFT1191 - Two departures with the same destination and flight number 137 minutes apart with different airplanes 320, 321

FFT1738 - Two arrivals with the same origination and flight number 6 minutes apart with different airplanes 20N, 320

UAL350 - Two departures with the same destination and flight number 9 minutes apart with different airplanes 320, 739

UAL544 - Two arrivals with the same origination and flight number 23 minutes apart with different airplanes 320, 739

UAL2102 - Two arrivals with the same origination and flight number 39 minutes apart with different airplanes 320, 73G

UAL2126 - Two departures with the same destination and flight number 2 minutes apart with different airplanes 320, 319

UAL2269 - Two arrivals with the same origination, flight number, and arrival time with different airplanes 739, 320

RPA4402 - Two arrivals with the same origination and flight number 68 minutes apart (same airplane - E75)

Oh, and here's a bonus issue. The format for flight DAL231 is  incorrect which could potentially cause loading/freezing issues.

• Like 2

Still finding errors like this in KATL,

ATL, BOS, M90, DL,  104, 12:00, 09:03, 1, DL

ATL, BOS, M90, DL,  104, 12:00, 09:16, 1, DL

It caused the aircraft symbol to flicker when selected, so I knew what was causing it. I deleted the first aircraft and the second one below it was able to accept commands.

15 hours ago, crbascott said:

I saw a post on Steam where someone complained of some duplicate flight number issues with KRDU, so I decided to look into the schedule and found a plethora of duplicate flights. Looks like a SP is more than likely needed.

AAL2018 - Two departures with the same destination and flight number 8 minutes apart with different airplanes E90, 319
AAL2018 - Two arrivals wit the same origination and flight number 11 minutes apart with different airplanes E90, 319

AAL2495 - Two departures with the same destination and flight number 5 minutes apart with different airplanes 319, 73H
AAL2495 - Two arrivals with the same origination and flight number 5 minutes apart with different airplanes 319, 73H

DAL1088 - Two departures with the same destination and flight number 6 minutes apart with different airplanes 717, 320

DAL1482 - Two departures with the same destination and flight number 5 minutes apart with different airplanes 320, 73H

DAL1803 - Two departures with the same destination and flight number 19 minutes apart with different airplanes M88, 73H
DAL1803 - Two arrivals with the same origination and flight number 6 minutes apart with different airplanes M88, 73H

DAL2502 - Two arrivals with the same origination and flight number 10 minutes apart with different airplanes 320, 73H

DAL2838 - Two arrivals with the same origination and flight number 32 minutes apart with different airplanes 73H, M88

FFT1191 - Two departures with the same destination and flight number 137 minutes apart with different airplanes 320, 321

FFT1738 - Two arrivals with the same origination and flight number 6 minutes apart with different airplanes 20N, 320

UAL350 - Two departures with the same destination and flight number 9 minutes apart with different airplanes 320, 739

UAL544 - Two arrivals with the same origination and flight number 23 minutes apart with different airplanes 320, 739

UAL2102 - Two arrivals with the same origination and flight number 39 minutes apart with different airplanes 320, 73G

UAL2126 - Two departures with the same destination and flight number 2 minutes apart with different airplanes 320, 319

UAL2269 - Two arrivals with the same origination, flight number, and arrival time with different airplanes 739, 320

RPA4402 - Two arrivals with the same origination and flight number 68 minutes apart (same airplane - E75)

Oh, and here's a bonus issue. The format for flight DAL231 is  incorrect which could potentially cause loading/freezing issues.

Hello Craig,

thank you for your informations, I will fix them.

Gabor

Nyergesdesign

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, cHabu said:

@nyergesdesign

Gabor, any info on when this will be fixed ?

I bought KRDU today and there are still issues with the schedule (both Airlines and GA).

Regards, Chris.

Strange one this one as the duplicates that Craig highlighted seemed to have been fixed in the RT update recently put out by Gabor.

Have had a quick look this morning and there are a few more of what I would call genuine duplicated flights (ie too close together or duplicate codes on the day and therefore one should be removed/ameded)

CLT, RDU, 321, AA, 1645, 22:16, 12:00, 1, AA
CLT, RDU, 319, AA, 1645, 22:03, 12:00, 1, AA

EWR, RDU, E75, YX, 3669, 18:34, 12:00, 1, YX

EWR, RDU, E70, YX, 3669, 18:14, 12:00, 1, YX
MCO, RDU, 321, F9, 1190, 13:17, 12:00, 1, F9
MCO, RDU, 320, F9, 1190, 09:14, 12:00, 1, F9

RDU, CMH, E75, YX, 6003, 12:00, 20:18, 1, YX

RDU, CMH, E70, YX, 6003, 12:00, 01:26, 1, YX

RDU, IAH, E75, YX, 3713, 12:00, 08:58, 1, YX
RDU, IAH, E70, YX, 3713, 12:00, 08:55, 1, YX

However, there are a large number of flights that seem to arrive and then return to the same point of origin or transit onto another destination using the same flight code for each flight after hanging around for an hour or so. My knowledge of internal US flights is minimal so not sure if this is common practice or not and as KRDU is the probably the first genuine smaller domestic airport in the game maybe this has highlighted an issue which the schedulers needs to be aware of. Gavin ( @battlehawk77), as an ex smaller regional flight crew is this common or is this just a schedule mess to be fixed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedantic G said:

However, there are a large number of flights that seem to arrive and then return to the same point of origin or transit onto another destination using the same flight code for each flight after hanging around for an hour or so.

This is quite common, I’ve especially noticed it for American Airlines and their regional carriers. I think we’ve referred to these as turnaround flights in previous discussions. I believe the game handles these somewhat ok now in most cases (T!2011 didn’t handle these at all), although just to be safe I would alter these flight numbers in my custom schedules to not have any duplicate flight numbers at all in order to reduce the risk of dropped flights. 

Obviously, the flights details you provided above are still an issue. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crbascott said:

This is quite common, I’ve especially noticed it for American Airlines and their regional carriers. I think we’ve referred to these as turnaround flights in previous discussions. I believe the game handles these somewhat ok now in most cases (T!2011 didn’t handle these at all), although just to be safe I would alter these flight numbers in my custom schedules to not have any duplicate flight numbers at all in order to reduce the risk of dropped flights. 

Obviously, the flights details you provided above are still an issue. 

Cheers Craig and Happy New Year to you.

Another one to add to the list of checks! 

• Like 1

I know negative remarks are not very welcome in the Tower3D community but KRDU seems to have been rushed with the amount of faults in the basic schedule.

I also find it disappointing the NG-ramp has not been included in the game (with some NG flighs in the schedule).

Regards, Chris.

2 hours ago, cHabu said:

I also find it disappointing the NG-ramp has not been included in the game (with some NG flighs in the schedule).

Military has never been an option in this version of the game but has been raised as a wishlist item if and when a new version is released 

On 1/2/2020 at 8:09 PM, cHabu said:

I know negative remarks are not very welcome in the Tower3D community but KRDU seems to have been rushed with the amount of faults in the basic schedule.

Regards, Chris.

As @Pedantic G have written we released the updated GA and schedule files to KRDU when KDFW airport released.

Gabor

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, The Computer Dood said:

I undestand that  people say "Released updates".  I purchased KRDU last week.  Is there an update that should get?  Is there a place for updates for each site (I have 6 DLC's).

Sorry if this has been asked before.  Thank you for the community for helping newbees.

All downloads are up to date at time of purchase.  When a SP is released you use your download link (if purchased from feelThere) to get the updated installer.  You also need to keep a record of your unlock keys.

The current release versions and dates are listed in the below linked thread.  The linked post is also a sticky and always shows on the first page of the ATC subforum -

4 minutes ago, The Computer Dood said:

If I download the KRDU file again, and use my unlock code, would I then automatically get the "UPDATED" version?  Just wondering.

To be clear, the KRDU airport or RC files have not been updated since release last year, it was the RT schedule that was corrected and updated earlier this year so if you have recently downloaded the RT files then you are covered. 

46 minutes ago, The Computer Dood said:

If I download the KRDU file again, and use my unlock code, would I then automatically get the "UPDATED" version?  Just wondering.

If KRDU receives an update you will need to download the new installer using the same download link you already have.  The new installer is a fully updated version of the airport.  It will unlock using the key you currently have.  Until an update is announced you are up to date and have no reason at this time to redownload the airport.