The simFlight Network Forums

Pushback times

KymriskaDraken

2 hours ago, MJKERR said:

I have found the pushback time varies sometimes
I have even had one aircraft that did not move for about three minutes

What you are referring to is the time for the plane to actually move. The pushback itself is rather quick and then the plane is immediately ready to taxi which is obviously not realistic.

3 minutes ago, crbascott said:

What you are referring to is the time for the plane to actually move. The pushback itself is rather quick and then the plane is immediately ready to taxi which is obviously not realistic.

It almost runs over the tug in some cases. Almost as bad as the car drivers driving on the wrong side of the road.

Kev

3 hours ago, KymriskaDraken said:

It almost runs over the tug in some cases.

Not just almost. I have seen aircraft run over tugs many times. You just have to say goodbye to the idea of realism a little bit. Planes also clip through other planes; unless a flight gets active and it results in a crash.

3 hours ago, KymriskaDraken said:

Almost as bad as the car drivers driving on the wrong side of the road.

I am not sure if that is really the case. At some airports, the cars hover above the ground and can teleport. As for the cars, the developer has obviously taken a futuristic approach. 😉

1 hour ago, MJKERR said:

However, there are a number of stands at EGLL where the pushback time (movement) is rather long

Long as compared to other stands or long as in similar to real life? If the latter, I’d like to see sim to RL comparison examples.

5 hours ago, crbascott said:

Long as compared to other stands or long as in similar to real life? If the latter, I’d like to see sim to RL comparison examples.

I did a test early in v1 of EGLL
I let about 20 aircraft build up requesting pushback
Paused the simulation, then gave them all permission
Unpaused the simulation
In theory they should all complete this at the same time
However it is not the case

As above, the most noticeable are the remote stands at Terminal 4
449 / 450, 451 / 452, 453, 454, 455 and 456
Pushback approved, expect runway 27L / 27R
The aircraft is taken taxiway T
However, with the command
Pushback approved, expect runway 27L / 27R via W S
The aircraft performs a shorter, more accurate and expected pushback

I am not sure why this happens

The faulty stand is 211 at Terminal 2
Pushback results in the aircraft spinning through 180 degrees

In my most recent operation
Yet another two aircraft waited some considerable time before moving
No other aircraft nearby (something that still does affect some of the stands)
I need to take some notes on this to see if it is the stand, aircraft type or airline
I have noted City 1018 is one

23 hours ago, MJKERR said:

I have been int the fltdk for many pushbacks. Some crews start to push as soon as the clearance is given. "Gnd push back approved- brakes off, start push".

Other times the crews have asked for pushback clearance when their not fully ready to apease the "On Time Performance" gods. Are we going or not?? So differences in the commencement of the physical pushback vs the time the pushback was requested can be quite different at times. In fact It makes it more realistic expecially if you have to handle a slow pushback.

Kev

• Like 2