The simFlight Network Forums

Little Help with Tower 3d Pro

mpatricksp

Hopping someone can give me a few pointers.  Been play KATL and using voice recognition and having quite a bit of fun.  One issue I can't seem to figure out is how to tell a plane to push back and taxi to a certain runway using a specific taxi way.  I can get it to push back and go to the correct runway but I can't seem to figure out the correct sequence of commands to tell it to use taxi way Echo for example.

I have tired to say (plane)pushback approved, expect runway 26L taxi via Echo which is what comes up if you click on the command bar but it never recognizes anything after the runway 26L.  I can get the taxi to terminal via to work just not when giving a plane the pushback clearance.

Anyway hoping someone can give me some tips on how they are issuing the commands to tell a plane to go to a certain runway using specific taxi ways.

Thanks for any tips.

Mike

I only just got the game a few days ago, and haven't been using the voice recog., however, I don't assign a taxi route during pushback.  (Is that possible? Would be a great feature.)

To give a full taxi clearance after pushback, this is how I have been doing it...  (I play mostly PHL and don't have ATL yet.)  

VAL1234: RUNWAY 27L VIA J Y S S1

If you want to give intersection departures, when selecting the runway during pushback, include:  VAL1234 PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY 27L AT S2

Hope that helps!.....and I hope I'm not wrong or misunderstood your request.  ;)

Edited by CL30

Yeah the expect command just insures that the lane gets pointed in the right general direction, but you still have to confirm the runway when you issue the taxi clearance, and keep in mind that you can still change the runway at that point as well. 

Andrew

On 6/4/2017 at 10:52 AM, CL30 said:

I only just got the game a few days ago, and haven't been using the voice recog., however, I don't assign a taxi route during pushback.  (Is that possible? Would be a great feature.)

You can, but I haven't figured out how to do it with voice commands. If you type it, it works though, how I get some of the planes at LAX that pushback on D to face how I want. e.g. SWA PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY 24L TAXI VIA D D9 E

5 hours ago, coyotedelmar said:

You can, but I haven't figured out how to do it with voice commands. If you type it, it works though, how I get some of the planes at LAX that pushback on D to face how I want. e.g. SWA PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY 24L TAXI VIA D D9 E

Cool- I'm gonna fire up the game and try that out! Thanks!  To have planes start out pointing the direction I want them too would be....awesome.  ;)

Edited by CL30

First off, I added a couple of new Speech recognition commands:

#airplane1; PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY ;#runway1; VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6

#airplane1; PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY ;#runway1; AT ;#taxiway1

#airplane1; PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY ;#runway1; AT ;#taxiway1; VIA ;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6

RickyJ

10 minutes ago, futureboy said:

First off, I added a couple of new Speech recognition commands:

#airplane1; PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY ;#runway1; VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6

#airplane1; PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY ;#runway1; AT ;#taxiway1

#airplane1; PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY ;#runway1; AT ;#taxiway1; VIA ;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6

RickyJ

To this, add one more:

#airplane1; RUNWAY ;#runway1; VIA ;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6

It gets rid of the cumbersome  "Delta 2143, Runway 26L.  Taxi via Echo."  Now you can just say "Delta 2143, Runway 26L via Echo."  To me, at least, this is much more intuitive. I have tested it and it works perfectly.

Andrew

10 hours ago, coyotedelmar said:

Assign the taxi route after the plane is pushed out. There are 3 ways to give taxi directions to departing flights in Tower!3D Pro. After the pilot announces he is "ready to taxi", you can:

Type in the full command

Left click on the plane or flightstrip, then left click on "Taxi to", then the correct runway, then right click on the taxiways         (on the ADIRS) you want the plane to take before you click send.

The voice command (for KPHL) might go like this - "AWI123 runway 27R taxi via Echo, Hotel". Be sure to pause a               second between taxiway names.

A quick tip from someone who has done this many times, if you give a plane the wrong runway with the pushback               permission, just use the correct runway with the taxi command. The pilot will refigure the taxi route (or you can do it             for him).

The same system works for intersection takeoffs. At KLAX, the instruction might be "AAL123 runway 25R at Gulf". 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Does this still work now?  I tried it a few times and it causes the speech system (and some other issue with the game, like when I exit, there are issues selecting an airport, etc, but closing and reopening fixes it).  It was working about a year ago, not sure what happened...

tower3d.rec

Edited by partycrashr
Updated comment with more information, added attachment