The simFlight Network Forums

Real Color "Survey" - New Liveries?

crbascott

Not sure if this will go anywhere, but why not ask. Besides, 3D is all about pleasing the eye isn't it?  
Personally, I'd like to see Real Color stay up with the times and not be totally retro. As a result, what new liveries (I'm talking common and not special one-offs) would you like to see incorporated into Real Color?

Here's a few off the top of my head:

• Spirit - yellow livery, introduced in 2014 ... would like to see at least one airplane type in the new livery especially when it's common to see planes in all three liveries at my local airport
  • Alaska - redesigned livery was unveiled in Jan 2016
  • Air Canada - new livery was unveiled about the time Pro came out
    • Rouge - Off topic, but need a RT fix. Their callsign is AIR CANADA instead of ROUGE. 
  • Swiss - what we have in the sim is the old "Swiss Air" brand if I'm not mistaken
  • Frontier - new livery was introduced around the same time as Spirit in 2014. 

Craig

PS - Good job on Frontier. I had it on my list (notice the strikeout) but then realized the A320 and A321 had the new livery while only the A319 is still in the "old" livery, which is probably realistic enough. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/16/2017 at 8:40 PM, crbascott said:

Not sure if this will go anywhere, but why not ask. Besides, 3D is all about pleasing the eye isn't it?  
Personally, I'd like to see Real Color stay up with the times and not be totally retro. As a result, what new liveries (I'm talking common and not special one-offs) would you like to see incorporated into Real Color?

Here's a few off the top of my head:

• Spirit - yellow livery, introduced in 2014 ... would like to see at least one airplane type in the new livery especially when it's common to see planes in all three liveries at my local airport
  • Alaska - redesigned livery was unveiled in Jan 2016
  • Air Canada - new livery was unveiled about the time Pro came out
    • Rouge - Off topic, but need a RT fix. Their callsign is AIR CANADA instead of ROUGE. 
  • Swiss - what we have in the sim is the old "Swiss Air" brand if I'm not mistaken
  • Frontier - new livery was introduced around the same time as Spirit in 2014. 

Craig

PS - Good job on Frontier. I had it on my list (notice the strikeout) but then realized the A320 and A321 had the new livery while only the A319 is still in the "old" livery, which is probably realistic enough. 

It would be awesome to see the new Southwest Heart livery in the simulation. It came out in 2014 and still using it today. You still see some canyon blue livery as special decals but the prominent livery is the new Heart livery.

Thought the A319 Spirit was in yellow following MCO release or has this already been updated?

Also the A333 Swiss is apparently in a revamped livery in the JFK revamp that is due out from Gabor. ( don't know what's taking so long on this as this was apparently ready weeks ago)

G

I think the new Alaska livery has been implemented from what I have been seeing in the pro challenge testing; hasn't it?

I'll try to come up with a list when I find time.

1. I'd love to see Jet2.com Holidays livery at LEBL
  2. The old Easyjet livery at LEBL / EDDM

Are you wanting just liveries? Or can we list aircraft also?