The simFlight Network Forums

CUSTOM (REAL) Traffic #3 -- KPHL v1.0!!! FREE to the Community!

ATControl  -- Joe

Good Afternoon all,

My name is Joe.  Thanks for checking out my custom (REAL) traffic schedules.  You can find me at https://www.youtube.com/c/ATControl playing this game.

Happy to announce that I have completed my 3rd full day custom-schedule release -- featuring Philadelphia International Airport (KPHL).  This is being offered for FREE to the community. 

**Be sure to check out all my prior custom schedules for KLAX & KLAS!

CUSTOM SCHEDULE #3 -- FULL day action from Philadelphia (KPHL) from September 22, 2017.  A full day of flights.  

If you do not have the files at all -OR- need the updated files, you can visit my Dropbox and pick them up. 

**Please check back for edits to these drop box files.  If edits are made, notations will appear below with the date the edit was made and what was changed**

DROPBOX -- KPHL Custom Traffic #3 -- 9-22-2017

****BE SURE TO ADD THESE LINE ITEMS TO YOUR PHL AIRLINES FILE IF THEY ARE NOT ALREADY IN THERE OTHERWISE THIS CUSTOM SCHEDULE WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY!!***

EJA, 1I, EXECJET, NetJets, United States
PDT, PT, PIEDMONT, Piedmont Airlines, United States
ATN, 8C, AIR TRANSPORT, United States

Over 1000 Commerical & Cargo Flights

Over 60 General Aviation flights  -- PHL features a heavy dose of regional traffic on a dialy basis.  Up the ante and 
   control many of the premier private/corporate jets you will see in and out of PHL on a daily basis.  

-- Learn departure and arrival traffic flow as these GA aircraft typically have a wide-range of flight speeds that you will
      have to account for
   -- Learn how to adjust your commands to keep required separation in tact on both arrivals & departures
   -- Improve your skills by assigning new runways for final approach to maintain separation and avoid mid-air collisions

Terminal Re-Assignments --
   -- Removed airlines that have gone out of business and/or merged for a clean look and easy reference
   -- Moved Republic Airlines a.k.a. Brickyard to Terminals B/C
   -- Spirit moved to correct terminal E
   -- Terminal F now featuring ExecJets (EJA) 

Classic Airlines, Cargo & Unique Additions
   -- Variety of cargo activity from UPS & FedEx, AND newly featured ATN - Air Transport!
   -- Jazz Air (from Air Canada)
   -- ExecJets(EJA)

((Please be aware that some further livery updates are still in progress with some jets.  Aircraft may appear all white in 
   color but does not take away from the control experience!))

// Proper use of this CUSTOM schedule //

1.  ALWAYS make a folder on your computer, in an easy to find location, and COPY all files from both FEELTHERE folder
    and your source folder (ex. Steam Folder).  Schedules are in BOTH places and must be updated in BOTH places for it
    to work.  

2.  Once copied, Navigate to the airfields of BOTH folders.  Delete out your kphl_schedule.txt file, kphl_terminal.txt file, AND 
     klas_gaandlocaltraffic.txt files.  Replace them with the custom files.

HAPPY CONTROLLING !!!

(p.s. If any edits need to be made, please comment below -- I respond quickly and make timely updates once the issue is reviewed/tested)

• Upvote 1

Further trials.  With the new gaandlocal it hangs on 63%.  Without it will load fine, but not between 0500 and 1000 when it hangs on 72% outside those times it loads fine.

Solved it.  Installed the latest SP's For Real Traffic/Colors. Now works a treat, Many thanks.

Edited by Roger_H
Solved a problem

9 hours ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

Did you replace both the FeelThere folder AND your game source folder (i.e. Steam, etc) ?  63% means you don't have matching files in both locations.

I don't have a FeelThere folder.. I searched my whole hard drive and I only have one instance of a KPHL file, and one folder in AppData called FeelThere with two image files and a text file showing all of my DLC in it.

15 minutes ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

I would consider uninstalling the game and getting it again from Steam (you are able to uninstall and re-install.  It does not make you buy it again).  I have the Steam edition and you're definitely missing a lot of files.

Will do that later tonight. Thank you!

1 hour ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

I would consider uninstalling the game and getting it again from Steam (you are able to uninstall and re-install.  It does not make you buy it again).  I have the Steam edition and you're definitely missing a lot of files.

Reinstalled, still no sign of a FeelThere folder other than the one prior mentioned and the one from the FSX Add-ons. Where is it normally?

16 hours ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

fileroute.png.bbaafe69fc8ab7181b81881ce06aefd5.png

If you still cannot find it, I would suggest reaching out to Vic by direct message "FeelThere" is the tag name, and ask him about it.  

Reinstalled it twice and nothing. I just copy pasted my game files into a new folder with the name and location you put and now everything works. Thank you, and great mod!

Joe:

A minor question for you regarding your mod. Have you seen any evidence of cargo flights exiting the runway to the wrong side? This has been a problem with the airport using latest regular FT files and RC/RT with additions of UPS, etc. to make use of the cargo ramp.

I have yet to try your mods as I've been busy. It will happen soon enough, so I wanted to ask. Thanks for your hard work!

Paul

1 hour ago, Pdubya said:

Joe:

A minor question for you regarding your mod. Have you seen any evidence of cargo flights exiting the runway to the wrong side? This has been a problem with the airport using latest regular FT files and RC/RT with additions of UPS, etc. to make use of the cargo ramp.

I have yet to try your mods as I've been busy. It will happen soon enough, so I wanted to ask. Thanks for your hard work!

Paul

Don't recall off the top of my head. I'd have to go back and play a session when I have some time.  Maybe someone else here in the forum who has been playing PHL might know?

Wouldn't surprise me since ALL traffic exit away from cargo areas at many of the airports --- most notably over at LAX....I constantly have cargo jets exit off 25L to the north side of the runway instead of taking the highspeed that would put them right into the cargo side.  

• 1 month later...

Joe,

Thank you for this KPHL file(s).  It has worked great.  I seem to have fewer problems using your files than I did with the original files.  (Plus I was getting used to those original files and this gave badly needed variety).    I know it was a long time ago, but I saw that David Griff was having problems and then solved them,  I purchased from Steam and my files were stored in a different location.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro\Extensions\Airfields

Maybe that will help others in the future.

p.s. I really enjoyed your Youtube channel too.  https://www.youtube.com/c/ATControl 

Edited by Scout Yu
  • Like 1

On 17-10-2017 at 10:45 PM, DavidGriff said:

Reinstalled it twice and nothing. I just copy pasted my game files into a new folder with the name and location you put and now everything works. Thank you, and great mod!

I'm having the same issue, no FeelThere folder to be found after purchasing on Steam. Unfortunately, copying the game files didn't solve my problem. The game always gets stuck on 99% loading. I've done a clean re-install and placed all files in the described location, same result.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

My version is also from steam, purchased earlier this year.  I have Real Traffic and Real Color and have reinstalled the game multiple times to move it from HDD to HDD and now to SSD as well as fix other issues and problems with custom traffic and so on.

In these installs I have never had another folder appear on my windows drive for anything other than the new airport ads in the games main menu.  I have run through the wonderful Custom LAX schedule with no issues as it only required the replacement of the game files in the games directory.

This one however was not working properly.  For me I could load the game and play the schedule but some of the planes were not showing up. 

I looked up the planes as they appeared vs the schedule to see if it was skipping any and saw that it was the PT planes in the schedule that are not arriving or departing.  While I did add the PDT extension to the airlines list it was not working. 

Tonight I had some time and searched the Airlines file and found that there is also a PTI "Privatair" PT assignment as well potentially causing a conflict. That airline probably was not there when this schedule was written.  I just ran a quick test and immediately had PDT planes arriving.

Looking forward to playing through this one now.  LAX just about did me in though nothing like ATL O_O.

• ATControl -- Joe changed the title to CUSTOM (REAL) Traffic #3 -- KPHL v1.0!!! FREE to the Community!
  • 2 years later...