The simFlight Network Forums

Suggestion For LAX

B737max

As a Commercial pilot flying into LAX for years, i have never been cleared to land on the inner runways (24L, 25R) they always use the inner runways for departure, while playing the simulator 90% of arrivals are for the inner runways and just a suggestion it makes it lot more realistic to have the arrival aircrafts check in for outer runways (25L, 24R).  Really enjoy the simulator great job.  

Also when it gets very busy the taxi instruction do not work as they should and if two airplanes are head to head now we have to exit the simulator it would be a nice feature to be able to make corrections in this scenario, i know it would not be realistic but when the airplanes do not accept the taxi instructions then there is no way to get around this issue. 

Thanks

17 minutes ago, B737max said:

Also when it gets very busy the taxi instruction do not work as they should and if two airplanes are head to head now we have to exit the simulator it would be a nice feature to be able to make corrections in this scenario, i know it would not be realistic but when the airplanes do not accept the taxi instructions then there is no way to get around this issue. 

Have you tried used the aircraft DELETE command?

1 hour ago, B737max said:

As a Commercial pilot flying into LAX for years, i have never been cleared to land on the inner runways (24L, 25R) they always use the inner runways for departure, while playing the simulator 90% of arrivals are for the inner runways and just a suggestion it makes it lot more realistic to have the arrival aircrafts check in for outer runways (25L, 24R).  Really enjoy the simulator great job.  

Thanks

If something does not accept voice command you can still use the bar at the top of the game and click the destination for the plane.  Incredibly rare to have to delete anything in game

You can select the arrival runways on the screen before you start (only select the ones you want arrivals on), or the runway list right below the command bar has your arrival runways highlighted and you can change them there (in game)

You can send departures off of any runway.

Edited by PilatusPilot32

9 minutes ago, mc16v said:

If you only select the outer Runways on the opening screen only the outer runways will be used for arrivals, then your free to use the inners for departures. You can also activate and deactivate arrival runways in game

I tried that but could not taxi airplanes to the inner runways they would not accept, maybe I did something wrong

7 minutes ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

If something does not accept voice command you can still use the bar at the top of the game and click the destination for the plane.  Incredibly rare to have to delete anything in game

OK will try thanks

26 minutes ago, B737max said:

I tried that but could not taxi airplanes to the inner runways they would not accept, maybe I did something wrong

Feel free to post a log file (output_log.txt from your tower3d_data folder) if you are still having taxi issues. Should be a simple fix.

This also might help if your syntax is not quite right. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/84559-tower3d-pro-user-manual-annotated/

If you are using the command bar for departing taxiing aircraft (no voice), select the aircraft then "RUNWAY", then from the bar under runway (not the arrival bar) the runway you want them to go to.  If you are speaking:

AMERICAN 231 RUNWAY 25R 

or

AMERICAN 231 RUNWAY 25R TAXI VIA B

That should get them to the departing runway you want.  The arrivals will come in on the runways you have highlighted just below the command bar.

Edited by PilatusPilot32

1 minute ago, PilatusPilot32 said:

If you are using the command bar for departing taxiing aircraft (no voice), select the aircraft then "RUNWAY", then from the bar under runway (not the arrival bar) the runway you want them to go to.  If you are speaking:

AMERICAN 231 RUNWAY 25R 

or

AMERICAN 231 RUNWAY 25R TAXI VIA B

That should get them to the departing runway you want.  The arrivals will come in on the runways you have highlighted just below the command bar.

2 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Feel free to post a log file (output_log.txt from your tower3d_data folder) if you are still having taxi issues. Should be a simple fix.

This also might help if your syntax is not quite right. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/84559-tower3d-pro-user-manual-annotated/

Thanks i will 

20 hours ago, B737max said:

Thanks

Hello, 

Could you please tell us what syntax have you used? 

Thanks, 

Ariel

17 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Hello, 

Could you please tell us what syntax have you used? 

Thanks, 

Ariel

Well have used various syntax but i think as Joe mentioned i need perform speech recognition several more times to make sure it understand the terminologies.

Thanks

Al