The simFlight Network Forums

Help with KLAS Extension

qjschum

Hello,

I am trying to get the KLAS extention to work. I install it and it will not load into the game. This is where it is installing and when I go into this folder it shows the extension in the folder as well as all the files. Is there something I am doing wrong here? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Capture.PNG.45faf9c915936bfc4cb1996b5d017a98.PNG

OK - so you have Tower!3D Pro. Unfortunately, the installer for KLAS defaults to Tower 3D. So I'd recommend the following steps:

• Uninstall KLAS  - it is in the wrong location
  • Reinstall KLAS
    •  Change the default directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro
  • You should be good to go

Question for @FeelThereor @FeelThere Ariel - is there a business reason for the airport installers to use a default directory of Tower 3D instead of Tower!3D Pro. Is Pro the bigger seller yet? Sure seems like there is more discussion/comments around Pro than the basic version.  Or, how about an intelligent installer similar to Nyerges Design? Seems like there could be a "simple" solution to a way too often recurring problem.

40 minutes ago, qjschum said:

I tried this and it’s still not working. 

There's only two possible causes to your problem: (1) Bad install file or (2) installing at an incorrect location. 

With the previous screenshots, it was apparent that #2 was your problem. Will need screenshots again in order to confirm what the issue is this time.  

On 7/9/2018 at 8:03 PM, crbascott said:

Question for @FeelThereor @FeelThere Ariel - is there a business reason for the airport installers to use a default directory of Tower 3D instead of Tower!3D Pro. Is Pro the bigger seller yet? Sure seems like there is more discussion/comments around Pro than the basic version.  Or, how about an intelligent installer similar to Nyerges Design? Seems like there could be a "simple" solution to a way too often recurring problem.

The first airport installers were used for the non Pro version. It's simple; just point the installer to the main Tower!3D Pro folder. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

@qjschum

Is it possible for you to post the pictures here on the forum? There is so much spam and click bait on that tinypic site it is ridiculous. Your first two pictures wouldn't load but I could see your last three - I just hope I didn't get a virus doing so.

As I mentioned before there are two possible causes to your problem: (1) Bad install file or (2) installing at an incorrect location. #2 has been your issue all along. 

Your last picture shows you are missing the airport files in the KLAS folder. Please reread and follow my earlier post - it will fix your issue.

Oh, and @FeelThere Ariel says it's simple.

On 7/11/2018 at 9:44 AM, FeelThere Ariel said:

It's simple; just point the installer to the main Tower!3D Pro folder.

I did manage to open the pictures, and it looks like you have extension folders inside extension folders inside extension folders😋

As @crbascotthas said you have installed incorrectly

I assume you have downloaded the klas airport as well as real traffic?

Your folder needs to look like the pics below, the best idea may be to just cut and paste the files into the folder, depending on how confident you feel on doing that.

Otherwise as said above, delete all what you have done and reinstall from scratch

capture1.PNG

capture2.PNG

capture3.PNG

I am truly hopeful this is one annoyance that the new version will eliminate. Perhaps a check of which version, Plain or Pro is installed and then a default for that directory. I have to say this has caused harm to FT's reputation due to the confusion surrounding installation for new players. It sets a bad precedent in my opinion and gets many people off on the wrong foot.

It is high on my "Wanted" list.

• Upvote 1