The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D Pro, other countries airports to be released any time soon?

MAW

On 11/12/2018 at 11:36 AM, MAW said:

Hi hexzed,

Thanks for the link, as I mentioned, another release for a German airport and further USA airport may be released before a UK or an Australian one as you asked for, strange how they are are not realising the potential if they open other airports globally?

It takes time and reseach to develop these add DLC's. Give them time and they will get to the other airports

So there appears not to be a rule that all heavies use the northern runway, and as 1.2.2 of the link provided by scoobflight states:

The use of RWY 25R is restricted to those ACFT that can justify the need for a RWY length longer than on RWY 25L, being mandatory to carry out a conventional departure procedure. The justification must be submitted to APT Operations within a period of 7 calendar days from the date of operation. The use of RWY 07L for take-off is restricted to those ACFT that can justify the need for a RWY length longer than RWY 07R being mandatory to carry out a conventional departure procedure. The justification must be submitted to APT Operations within a period of 7 calendar days from the date of operation.

So in the two examples I posted earlier the AAL B777-223(ER) has a 10 hour flight ahead of it and the ETD A330-243 has only a 6 hour flight. Take-off masses are probably somewhat different not least because of the individual fuel load requirements, a parameter that is not taken into account by T3D.

1 hour ago, Braf123456 said:

I have a couple of questions for the developers how many airports are y’all planning for this version an why not bigger international airport like heathrow Toronto Sydney I’m just wondering 

They stated a while ago that Dubai, Vancouver, Gatwick and Melbourne would be the last internationals for this version due to the expences of international airports. After that they would go back to US only. Nyerges will probably do some internationals though

16 minutes ago, Wikk said:

They stated a while ago that Dubai, Vancouver, Gatwick and Melbourne would be the last internationals for this version due to the expences of international airports. After that they would go back to US only. Nyerges will probably do some internationals though

Oh ok

Sim Smith Design, makers of LaGuardia (KLGA), also made Torotnto (CYYZ) for Tower!2011. They stated that they were doing another airport after LaGuardia, but silence since.

London Heathrow (EGLL) for Tower!2011 was made by Simulated Designs.  I have not heard anything from this company since the release of Tower!3D Pro.  Since the same developers have been making the same airports for Tower!3D pro as was made for Tower!2011, there is not much hope for EGLL unless another developer picks it up.

• 1 year later...
On 5/30/2020 at 6:42 AM, LoneWolf85 said:

I am a great lover of 3d tower pro and notice you've released London Gatwick any idea if London Heathrow is going in development?

TP gaming posted all the airports that are being considered or that would be coming out in the near possible future in his video description. Not gonna say anything to ruin it but I would check there to get the list! Here is one of the videos that he posted it on.

Edit: here is the correct video: