The simFlight Network Forums

Tower3D!Pro - EGKK - no movement of ground planes after pushback command

wombat169

Hi there

When running EGKK - Gatwick all planes on the ground having been given a 'Pushback' command do not move from then on.  I have waited up to 5 minutes.

I have tried different times etc. but it makes no difference.  It is only happening on this map.

The output_log is too big to upload even when zipped to add below, given the size limitation (31kb output_log size compared to allowed 21.40kb)

Using the via the mouse "Pushback approved, expect runway 26R" or via voice the same command the result is the same.   Can be from any terminal and any company.

The planes just sit there.  Landing planes move and land as per normal.

Works correctly with 08L, 08R, and 26L

10 hours ago, pete_agreatguy said:

EGKK doesn't use 26R in reality. The only time they do is on a night shift when there are no heavy aircraft due in or out for maintenance on the main runway, 26L / 8R.

To be fair though, it should be possible to use it in the game, and this does appear to be a bug and not deliberate on the part of Feel There.  After all, it appears that 26R was intended to be functional, since it shows up as a select-able active runway in the menu when starting the game.

Andrew

@wombat169

As general LGW knowledge it is known that RWY 26R/08L is not normally used. But to those not familiar with the airport I can understand the confusion.

If you want to use it as a taxiway, it is taxiway ZZ.

Have a look at http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=93&Itemid=142.html

There is heaps of info there and some good charts.

Below is an extract from  this document. Underlined is the relative information.

USE OF RUNWAYS a) Special runway utilisation procedures are detailed at GEN 3.8.4. b) Departure Wake Vortex Separations The following pairs of holding points for Runways 26L/08R are considered to be the same point for the purposes of departure wake vortex separation: c) Use of Runway 08L/26R i. Runway 08L/26R is a non-instrument runway and will only be used when Runway 08R/26L is temporarily non-operational by reason of maintenance or incident. Runway 08R/26L is closed regularly to allow maintenance to take place. Dates and times are subject to change, latest details are advised by NOTAM and airport notices. ii. Runway 08L/26R cannot be used simultaneously with Runway 08R/26L because of insufficient separation between the two. For this reason also, extensive safeguarding procedures are required (see d ii) before Runway 08L/26R can be activated and the runway is not available on request by pilots. Lighting for the closed runway and parallel taxiway will not be visible on approach. d) Restriction of Operation i. During Runway 08L/26R operations, delays may occur to aircraft taxiing on the aerodrome due to the following: Runway 26L Runway 08R Holding points Mike 1/3 and Alpha 2/3 Holding points Juliet 1/3 and Hotel 1/3 Holding points Mike 1/3 and Bravo 1 Holding points Juliet 1/3 and Golf 1 Holding points Alpha 2/3 and Bravo 1 Holding points Hotel 1/3 and Golf 1 Holding points Bravo 1 and Charlie 1 Holding points Bravo 1 and Yankee 1/2

Hope this helps

Kev M

@battlehawk77

I had a no pushback today. Wednesday schedule NRS7013 06:12 dep did not pushback. From the ground movement/parking/docking chart it looks like it was from stand 13 or 15. I had to delete it. All other PB's worked fine.

Good airport. I liked it on Tower 2011 but this Adds another level.

Ques. For these sorts of queries do you want them on the forum or PM's.

Kev M

3 hours ago, 707FAN said:

@battlehawk77

I had a no pushback today. Wednesday schedule NRS7013 06:12 dep did not pushback. From the ground movement/parking/docking chart it looks like it was from stand 13 or 15. I had to delete it. All other PB's worked fine.

Did you try a continue taxi command?

Also was there another aircraft on a taxiway behind this aircraft attempting to pushback?

I know the sim struggles to push an aircraft back if the path behind is blocked (doesn't have to be the taxiway directly connected to the gate - it can sometimes be the taxiway behind if it is close enough - linked with the aircraft collision zones.

On 3/10/2019 at 6:33 AM, pete_agreatguy said:

EGKK doesn't use 26R in reality. The only time they do is on a night shift when there are no heavy aircraft due in or out for maintenance on the main runway, 26L / 8R.

You contradicted yourself. You say it's not used and then describe when it is used.

Bottom line - 26R is a valid runway and should be treated as such. If the developers implemented it to be used as a taxiway only then that should be made clear. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, crbascott said:

You contradicted yourself. You say it's not used and then describe when it is used.

Bottom line - 26R is a valid runway and should be treated as such. If the developers implemented it to be used as a taxiway only then that should be made clear. 

We will look into this among other reported things for it's SP.

Vic

22 hours ago, pete_agreatguy said:

Did you try a continue taxi command?

Also was there another aircraft on a taxiway behind this aircraft attempting to pushback?

I know the sim struggles to push an aircraft back if the path behind is blocked (doesn't have to be the taxiway directly connected to the gate - it can sometimes be the taxiway behind if it is close enough - linked with the aircraft collision zones.

Pete,

No I didn't try the continue taxi but will if it occurs again.

From memory, there was nothing in the immediate area of the pushback. I will remember that for future reference.

17 hours ago, crbascott said:

@battlehawk77 created a custom schedule, not the airport. @707FAN, what do you expect him to do?

Craig Sorreee. I was really pointing out an anomaly and was asking Battlhawk77 if he  wanted any funny things such as double flight numbers etc. brought to his attention via the forum or via PM;s Perhaps I should have worded it better. 

Kev M