The simFlight Network Forums

Voice Commands

ATC AlaskaGuy

You need to rewrite the game code so it understands the different plane categories. If it just required a change to the rec file, then I would have publicly released that information six months ago when I first did it.

20 hours ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

was just wondering if anyone knows what I need to do so that I can use the word Heavy

It looks like it is not necessary for departures 
I have not had to take into account separation at any stage

The only time I have had to consider separation is for a slow turboprop that may be caught up by a jet
At least in Tower 3D you can advise the jet to take a different direction after take off

However in Tower 2011 EGLL any jet following a turboprop had to be given a go around, otherwise there was a crash on the runway
I got so annoyed of it I replaced the turboprop with a jet!

1 hour ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

would the game code be in the files that r files that when u open the file it's a bunch of like scrambled up letters numbers and or symbols?

Based on this description I think you’d be better off playing the current version and waiting patiently for the next version where I’m sure the heavy phrase will be included. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MJKERR said:

It looks like it is not necessary for departures 
I have not had to take into account separation at any stage

The only time I have had to consider separation is for a slow turboprop that may be caught up by a jet
At least in Tower 3D you can advise the jet to take a different direction after take off

However in Tower 2011 EGLL any jet following a turboprop had to be given a go around, otherwise there was a crash on the runway
I got so annoyed of it I replaced the turboprop with a jet!

I think you’re reading more into the question. It was about using the heavy phrase, basically to add to the immersion of the game. Just like stating the wind on the takeoff command - it does nothing in the game.