The simFlight Network Forums

Massive FPS Drop

Tummi

12 hours ago, Dave March said:

What it actually says about the simconnect issue is 'Significant FPS drop when using Simconnect should no longer affect the experience'

So they are not saying they'll fix the FPS drop, just that it no longer affects the experience 🤔
Maybe they'll add something even worse so you'll no longer notice the Simconnect issue... 🤪

On 8/29/2020 at 10:47 AM, lawndartleo said:

Is it fair to say that not making simconnect and FSUIPC work together well would be detrimental to the creation of a flourishing addon ecosystem?

The issue isn't with FSUIPC, it's with anything that uses the 64bit MS/Asobo SimConnect implementation heavily. There has been a regression bug since the release candidate that was provided for testing pre-release. 

It is highly unlikely that MS/Asobo intends to steal defeat from the jaws of victory by making MSFS2020 useless to serious simmers and pit builders. The in-game Marketplace is for DLC-type content -- aircraft, airports, scenery. None of that is diminished by the apps and extensions that rely on SimConnect.

If MS/Asobo didn't want to provide that functionality, it wouldn't be there at all -- rather than in a bugged form that renders the product entirely unusable.

As suggested upthread, given that the release candidate build didn't have this problem, it's very likely that the "bug" is that the shipped version was mistakenly compiled with some kind of simconnect debugging enabled, resulting in wait states that make the sim slow to a crawl if constantly polled for data by something using FSUIPC, which in turn requests data via the 64bit SimConnect API (in my case, OnAir's client). 

The wait is frustrating, but there's approximately zero chance MS wants to cede this ground to X-Plane. 

Edited by DeeAF

Hello, I have the same problem, even after the new release which doesn't use simconnect dll. I know that it uses simconnect internally. 

Thank you very much for the effort and I hope that Microsoft, Asobo correct this problem because is very important to use the add ons in this new simulator.

Greetings.

Edited by Sebastian Santos

1 hour ago, Sebastian Santos said:

I have the same problem, even after the new release which doesn't use simconnect dll. I know that it uses simconnect internally. 

The problem is with the actual SimConnect code -- the real stuff that does things inside MSFS. The SimConnect.DLL is just the interface to MSFS, and this is still used. It is just that the code for that interface is now compiled into FSUIPC to save you having to find and position another module.

Pete

Hello everybody,
I have just downloaded the latest version of FSUIPC and started Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Unfortunately, FPS breakdowns continue to occur here as well - you notice this most in the cockpit.

Is there any way to play the product "A Pilot's Life". without FPS dips?
I bought this especially a few weeks ago.

Many thanks in advance.

14 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

I have just downloaded the latest version of FSUIPC and started Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

I presume that you have updated to the latest MSFS patch - the SimConnect problem causing the frame drop was an MSFS issue, not FSUIPC7.

14 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

Is there any way to play the product "A Pilot's Life". without FPS dips?

I don't know - you should ask on 'A Pilots Life' support forum really. If you use FSUIPC7 without this, do you still see a frame rate drop?

56 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I presume that you have updated to the latest MSFS patch - the SimConnect problem causing the frame drop was an MSFS issue, not FSUIPC7.

Yes, I have updated Flight Simulator to the latest version - there was an update in the Microsoft Store.

56 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I don't know - you should ask on 'A Pilots Life' support forum really. If you use FSUIPC7 without this, do you still see a frame rate drop?

When I close FSUIPC, I have about 10-15 FPS more. If I restart FSUIPC, the FPS go down again.

EDIT: After a PC restart it works now. Great 😉

Edited by Dan1el

1 minute ago, Garcez said:

I'm feeling very stuttering,

Sorry, have you seen a doctor? 😉

But seriously, how do you expect us to help without providing any information. Are you saying that you see an FPS drop using FSUIPC7 (with no clients connected)? What devices are you using? How have you assigned? What do you mean by "stuttering" - a jittery axis or fps problems?

8 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Sorry, have you seen a doctor? 😉

But seriously, how do you expect us to help without providing any information. Are you saying that you see an FPS drop using FSUIPC7 (with no clients connected)? What devices are you using? How have you assigned? What do you mean by "stuttering" - a jittery axis or fps problems?

I'm trying to explain it in a simple way, that's why I used the term "stuttering".

I'm only using smartcars connected to the FSUIPC7, nothing more. The "stutter" I say is a rapid FPS drop, for example my FPS is 50, sometimes it drops abruptly to 30 FPS and returns the same way to 50 FPS. This happens repeatedly.

1 minute ago, Garcez said:

I'm only using smartcars connected to the FSUIPC7, nothing more.

But does you issue occur with FSUIPC running without smartCARS?

2 minutes ago, Garcez said:

I say is a rapid FPS drop, for example my FPS is 50, sometimes it drops abruptly to 30 FPS and returns the same way to 50 FPS. This happens repeatedly.

How long does the FPS drop last? Do you notice anything causing this FPS drop - anything in your FSUIPC7.log file? Maybe try activating event (non-axis) logging, and see if there is any special sequence of events that is causing this.

3 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

How long does the FPS drop last? Do you notice anything causing this FPS drop - anything in your FSUIPC7.log file? Maybe try activating event (non-axis) logging, and see if there is any special sequence of events that is causing this.

I haven't tested it without using smartcars.

As I said, the normal fps is 50 but it drops to 30 in a second and returns to 50 fps. I will try to activate the log, I have to find out how.