Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
Tummi

Massive FPS Drop

Recommended Posts

What it actually says about the simconnect issue is 'Significant FPS drop when using Simconnect should no longer affect the experience'

The word 'should' is a little worrying, but here's hoping. 😁

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dave March said:

What it actually says about the simconnect issue is 'Significant FPS drop when using Simconnect should no longer affect the experience'

So they are not saying they'll fix the FPS drop, just that it no longer affects the experience 🤔
Maybe they'll add something even worse so you'll no longer notice the Simconnect issue... 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it fair to say that not making simconnect and FSUIPC work together well would be detrimental to the creation of a flourishing addon ecosystem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2020 at 10:47 AM, lawndartleo said:

Is it fair to say that not making simconnect and FSUIPC work together well would be detrimental to the creation of a flourishing addon ecosystem?

The issue isn't with FSUIPC, it's with anything that uses the 64bit MS/Asobo SimConnect implementation heavily. There has been a regression bug since the release candidate that was provided for testing pre-release. 

It is highly unlikely that MS/Asobo intends to steal defeat from the jaws of victory by making MSFS2020 useless to serious simmers and pit builders. The in-game Marketplace is for DLC-type content -- aircraft, airports, scenery. None of that is diminished by the apps and extensions that rely on SimConnect.

If MS/Asobo didn't want to provide that functionality, it wouldn't be there at all -- rather than in a bugged form that renders the product entirely unusable.

As suggested upthread, given that the release candidate build didn't have this problem, it's very likely that the "bug" is that the shipped version was mistakenly compiled with some kind of simconnect debugging enabled, resulting in wait states that make the sim slow to a crawl if constantly polled for data by something using FSUIPC, which in turn requests data via the 64bit SimConnect API (in my case, OnAir's client). 

The wait is frustrating, but there's approximately zero chance MS wants to cede this ground to X-Plane. 

Edited by DeeAF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> Is it fair to say that not making simconnect and FSUIPC work together well would be detrimental to the creation of a flourishing addon ecosystem?

 

Absolutely, but it worked just fine with the beta, the release brought in these issues.

Edited by Enrico Schiratti
Quote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I have the same problem, even after the new release which doesn't use simconnect dll. I know that it uses simconnect internally. 

Thank you very much for the effort and I hope that Microsoft, Asobo correct this problem because is very important to use the add ons in this new simulator.

Greetings.

Edited by Sebastian Santos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sebastian Santos said:

I have the same problem, even after the new release which doesn't use simconnect dll. I know that it uses simconnect internally. 

The problem is with the actual SimConnect code -- the real stuff that does things inside MSFS. The SimConnect.DLL is just the interface to MSFS, and this is still used. It is just that the code for that interface is now compiled into FSUIPC to save you having to find and position another module.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Enrico Schiratti said:

I must be doing something wrong...

image.png.1795cd7778eb9f4e630a8eaefd3336d1.png

This is with the update and I am quite sure that no other instance is running. 

Hmm, working here and appears to be smooth. Try a reboot??

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Enrico Schiratti said:

Yes thank you, that fixed it. Works beautifully.

Awesome! Working great here. Smooth as butter 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everybody,
I have just downloaded the latest version of FSUIPC and started Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Unfortunately, FPS breakdowns continue to occur here as well - you notice this most in the cockpit.

Is there any way to play the product "A Pilot's Life". without FPS dips?
I bought this especially a few weeks ago.

Many thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

I have just downloaded the latest version of FSUIPC and started Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

I presume that you have updated to the latest MSFS patch - the SimConnect problem causing the frame drop was an MSFS issue, not FSUIPC7.

14 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

Is there any way to play the product "A Pilot's Life". without FPS dips?

I don't know - you should ask on 'A Pilots Life' support forum really. If you use FSUIPC7 without this, do you still see a frame rate drop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I presume that you have updated to the latest MSFS patch - the SimConnect problem causing the frame drop was an MSFS issue, not FSUIPC7.

Yes, I have updated Flight Simulator to the latest version - there was an update in the Microsoft Store.

56 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I don't know - you should ask on 'A Pilots Life' support forum really. If you use FSUIPC7 without this, do you still see a frame rate drop?

When I close FSUIPC, I have about 10-15 FPS more. If I restart FSUIPC, the FPS go down again.

 

EDIT: After a PC restart it works now. Great 😉

Edited by Dan1el

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a stuttering, I don't know if it's because of FSUIPC7 or because of simconnect. With other applications that connect to simconnect there is no stuttering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Garcez said:

I'm feeling very stuttering,

Sorry, have you seen a doctor? 😉

But seriously, how do you expect us to help without providing any information. Are you saying that you see an FPS drop using FSUIPC7 (with no clients connected)? What devices are you using? How have you assigned? What do you mean by "stuttering" - a jittery axis or fps problems?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Sorry, have you seen a doctor? 😉

But seriously, how do you expect us to help without providing any information. Are you saying that you see an FPS drop using FSUIPC7 (with no clients connected)? What devices are you using? How have you assigned? What do you mean by "stuttering" - a jittery axis or fps problems?

 

I'm trying to explain it in a simple way, that's why I used the term "stuttering".

I'm only using smartcars connected to the FSUIPC7, nothing more. The "stutter" I say is a rapid FPS drop, for example my FPS is 50, sometimes it drops abruptly to 30 FPS and returns the same way to 50 FPS. This happens repeatedly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Garcez said:

I'm only using smartcars connected to the FSUIPC7, nothing more.

But does you issue occur with FSUIPC running without smartCARS?

2 minutes ago, Garcez said:

I say is a rapid FPS drop, for example my FPS is 50, sometimes it drops abruptly to 30 FPS and returns the same way to 50 FPS. This happens repeatedly.

How long does the FPS drop last? Do you notice anything causing this FPS drop - anything in your FSUIPC7.log file? Maybe try activating event (non-axis) logging, and see if there is any special sequence of events that is causing this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

How long does the FPS drop last? Do you notice anything causing this FPS drop - anything in your FSUIPC7.log file? Maybe try activating event (non-axis) logging, and see if there is any special sequence of events that is causing this.

 

I haven't tested it without using smartcars.

As I said, the normal fps is 50 but it drops to 30 in a second and returns to 50 fps. I will try to activate the log, I have to find out how.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Garcez said:

I will try to activate the log, I have to find out how.

Use the FSUIPC7 Log menu item - there are checkboxes for logging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.