The simFlight Network Forums

Massive FPS Drop

Tummi

FWIW, I purchased through Steam (with which the sim root folder is not locked down) and copied the included SimConnect.dll file to the FSUIPC7 folder and experienced the same performance loss identified previously.  I can't currently check the timestamp of the file but I have no reason to believe it wouldn't be the same 8/8/2020.

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I have uploaded a new build of FSUIPC7. This is now compiled against the 0.5.1.0 SDK (was previously 0.4.1.0) and against the static library, so the SimConnect.dll is no longer required with this version.

However, the frame rate drop problem is still present. 

Yes the frame drop makes the game unplayable at this moment 😞

I must be blind as a bat for I am not able to find the new betas. I looked in Updated Modules and I also tried the versions here:

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/FSUIPC7.zip
http://www.fsuipc.com/download/FSUIPC7.zip

But they still seem to require the SimConnect.dll in the FSUIPC7 folder.

James

(EDIT) DISREGARD, it was a browser cache issue.

Edited by 737-SimGuy
New information

James...  Glad to see I wasn't the only one having an issue..  I chalk it up as "OLD AGE" LOL

John and Pete..  I am so far not seeing some of the (RED) Unable to write to Generators, Avionics switches, or Radios Offsets that was specified in the attached "functionality Excel sheet"  So far the majority of stuff I have been able to test (which is limited due to the frame rate issues) seems to work with the exception of the radios, seem to adjust the Active freq, rather than the Standby Freq function wise.  But Will report in more detail as things get repaired with MSFS (ASOBO) Simconnect booboo.

Lua scripts all transferred without issue and I was up and running with my Project Magenta within minutes.

I will say though, my PM MCP really was having troubles trying to keep the aircraft from proposing all over the place, but I attribute that to the frame rates and simconnect connectivity issues, seems the MCP can't compensate smooth enough at this point.

Trev

28 minutes ago, Cockpitbuilders said:

James...  Glad to see I wasn't the only one having an issue..  I chalk it up as "OLD AGE" LOL

Hi Trevor, long time no chat. Hope all is well.

I'm not sure you qualify for the "old age" excuse yet 😉 hehehehehe

James

Hello all,

I'm also "glad" to see I'm not the only one seeing this issue.
Although I'm not an FSUIPC user as such, I've been going through similar frustrations.

For those of you who don't know me, I am Michael De Feyter and I am the author of an iOS/Android app called iFMS.
My app connects to FSX/P3D using a module very similar to FSUIPC, it's basically just a dll copied into a modules folder and I have the dll.xml file pointing to it to instruct FSX/P3D to load it, just like FSUIPC.
The module interrogates FSX/P3D and communicates with my iFMS apps over the local network.

With FS2020, I have now also had to replace the dll module by a little program that people have to keep running in the background while they run FS2020. Just like Pete has done with FSUIPC7.
I was a little disappointed that we cannot create such modules that get loaded by FS2020 anymore but so be it. Maybe a nicer solution will present itself in the future.

Anyway, I too am noticing a significant drop in FPS when the new connection program is running in the background. Even when no iFMS app is connected to the program.
So this confirms the problem has nothing to do with FSUIPC, it's just SimConnect that is slowing down the sim significantly.

I will share any findings and I'll be following this thread for any progress you guys might make on this as well, although I fear it's just a matter of waiting for MS to fix the issue.

Michael

15 hours ago, 737-SimGuy said:

Hi Trevor, long time no chat. Hope all is well.

I'm not sure you qualify for the "old age" excuse yet 😉 hehehehehe

James

Hi James, Trevor...

Greetings, old fsuipc veterans back here with great new sim...:) returning from X-Plane/XPUIPC...thanks Peter/John for doing this...again...

Torsten

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 3:15 PM, Garcez said:

Yes is the problem with SimConnect.

It is really unprofessional for MS to general release a version which has not been tested by beta testers or third parties. It spoils the initial experience of FS2020 despite your considerable efforts to release FSUIPC on day 1. It should be easy to fix as it was working before. Hopefully ASOBO will expedite the fix for this MAJOR bug. 

Not sure whether this is helpful at all, but I'm not experiencing FPS drops with FSEconomy, either the FSX or the newly-updated MSFS version. Don't know whether this bypasses SimConnect or not, but no issues after several flights.

18 minutes ago, Thomas Richter said:

@737-SimGuy

You didn't read this important line then within the announcement.

Thomas

But Expect a release date for the patch in our August 27th update.

Unfortunately all that means is that we won't know when we get the patch until August 27th, but the patch release date the then announce may well be weeks later. They're not promising fixes on the 27th.

😞

Pete

18 hours ago, Spyy said:

Greetings, old fsuipc veterans back here with great new sim...:) returning from X-Plane/XPUIPC...thanks Peter/John for doing this...again...

Truth! I can't believe I actually signed up to a forum. 

Excellent work by John and Peter... whenever the SimConnect fixes arrive, they will arrive. Right now it is sufficient to test FSUIPC settings on the ground, and it is looking rather good. 

I am so glad I came on here after struggling with this issue this morning. All I wanted to do was connect Pilot2Atc to the sim and though I can do that and it works brilliantly thanks to fcuipc7 the performance drop makes it unplayable. Pete, I thank you for your tireless efforts to find a solution (or at least finding out where the problem lies) and can only hope we can enjoy the sim more with the update. A lot of wrinkles need ironing out. Like many I feel I have paid for the privilege of being a beta tester. Does make me wonder what the beta testers were looking for. Many of them can't have been flight simmers. 

Waiting for this patch, MSFS 2020 is not usable by "real simmers"  : It is just an arcade game, not a flight simulator ! Shame on Microsoft and Asobo not to put priority for fixing it ! In the meanwhile, I will go back to my old FSX ! But still thanks to you for coming out with FSUIPC on day one.

7 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

@737-SimGuy

You didn't read this important line then within the announcement.

Thomas

Um, yes, I did. A "Development Update" is simply the same thing as what we were reading, not a patch. So essentially they gave a release date for announcing the patch release date LOL.

Sorry, just trying to have some fun. When it comes it comes. 

James