The simFlight Network Forums

Massive FPS Drop

Tummi

3 hours ago, Enrico Schiratti said:

Just wondering, does it make sense to mess around with the SimConnect XML?

I don't see how that could help.

Asobo posted on this issue today:

SimConnect causing the Simulator to freeze on the release version We are aware of this issue, and working on a fix right now. We hope to have news very soon. Sol / Asobo

John

"SimConnect causing the Simulator to freeze on the release version We are aware of this issue, and working on a fix right now. We hope to have news very soon. Sol / Asobo"

Gotta wonder what debug switch/flag they left set in the final compile.

38 minutes ago, roa said:

Just wondering, where does ASOBO communicate?

I am also confused. I had to call my son to explain discord to me. Then there is all sorts of other forums 

Proudly I will say, as I have deserved my long life... things used to be much simpler back on Compuserve! 

Either way, it seems that things are moving towards the https://forums.flightsimulator.com/ ... 

27 minutes ago, Enrico Schiratti said:

I am also confused. I had to call my son to explain discord to me. Then there is all sorts of other forums 

Proudly I will say, as I have deserved my long life... things used to be much simpler back on Compuserve! 

Either way, it seems that things are moving towards the https://forums.flightsimulator.com/ ... 

Well *that* will have the kids scratching their heads! LOL (just as we are with Discord bahahahahahaha!)

3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

SimConnect causing the Simulator to freeze on the release version We are aware of this issue, and working on a fix right now. We hope to have news very soon. Sol / Asobo

Ahh the infamous "very soon". Hehehehe, some things never change 😉 

4 hours ago, 737-SimGuy said:

Ahh the infamous "very soon". Hehehehe, some things never change 😉 

I keep hearing about simconnect being libbed into FSUIPC7 but you can’t run this exe without it.  So the version Of FSUIPC7 which I have must  be older.  I am running version 7.0.0.0 modified on 8/17

1 hour ago, Gregory MacBeth said:

It looks like you downloaded from the correct location, or try the other link that was provided there. I would download again, as Pete Dawson updated the file to no longer need the simconnect.dll. Save the .key file, the delete the FSUIPC folder and unzip the newly downloaded version. Copy the backed up .key file ack into the folder, overwriting the existing one.Then you no longer need to add the simconnnect.dll file. But FSUIPC still uses simconnect to communicate with the sim, so the FPS drop is still and issue, till MS/Asobo fixes simconnect.

I hope that helps

Edited by madfredc2
update info, added instructions

7 hours ago, Gregory MacBeth said:

I keep hearing about simconnect being libbed into FSUIPC7 but you can’t run this exe without it.  So the version Of FSUIPC7 which I have must  be older.  I am running version 7.0.0.0 modified on 8/17

For the latest version you need to download again. There's no built-in automatic updating.

Either of the original links will provide the latest file. Both sites are maintained.

Pete

1 hour ago, Dan1el said:

please excuse the question, but are the problems with the FPS break-ins solved with the current version of FSUIPC?

No, as its an issue with SimConnect, not FSUIPC. We're awaiting a patch to the sim/SDK from Asobo/MSFS to resolve this issue. They are releasing information tomorrow about upcoming patches - hopefully this will be addressed and we'll know more then.

Hi John and Pete,

first of all, let me thank you guys for all your hard work.

It is appreciated as i've been using your software for a long time now. yes the paid version.

and i plan on using it for a long time to come.

my only issue is below...

im a little confused by all this talk about simconnect causing the fps drops.

My simconnect isn't causing any drops at all, i can connect acars to my sim using simconnect and do VA flights no issue.

as soon as i try to connect it using fsuipc7 (latest Version) my frames drop from 60-100 down to 10-20

and if fsuipc doesnt need to use simconnect now, why am i still getting fps drops?

from where i sit, simconnect isn't an issue.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/known-issues-last-modified-8-26-2020/128064

From where I sit 😉, it is at the very top of the list... the known issues tracker has not been updated.

OlieTsubasa443 Community Manager
To view top issues affecting the community and their current status, visit our Known Issues Tracker 1.4k.

Please find below a list of other known issues.

SimConnect:

• We are aware of an issue where using Simconnect is causing stutters and performance issues. We’ll keep you updated.

DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION ISSUES

• Stuck on the blue bar/no loading
  • Stuck on “Press a key to continue”
  • Error message “The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect”
    If you have any of the issues above Please click here 448

Audio issues

• No sound with bluetooth devices 17: To avoid this, set the Default Device and Default Communications Device in the recording tab to a standalone microphone or a webcam
  • Stuttering audio 16: Make sure your version of Windows 10 meets the requirements (Windows 10 Version 1909 or higher)

Loading a flight session at BIKF Keflavik airport will result into a Crash to Desktop

• The team is aware of the situation

"The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" [SOLVED]

21 hours ago, John Dowson said:

No, as its an issue with SimConnect, not FSUIPC. We're awaiting a patch to the sim/SDK from Asobo/MSFS to resolve this issue. They are releasing information tomorrow about upcoming patches - hopefully this will be addressed and we'll know more then.

Thanks for the information. Let's hope that the problem will be solved as soon as possible. I had bought the AddOn "A Pilot's Life" and wanted to use it in connection with FSUIPC, but due to the FPS breakdowns this is not possible.

Thanks in any case for your work.

3 hours ago, Dan1el said:

Thanks for the information. Let's hope that the problem will be solved as soon as possible. I had bought the AddOn "A Pilot's Life" and wanted to use it in connection with FSUIPC, but due to the FPS breakdowns this is not possible.

Thanks in any case for your work.

Yup me too with A pilot's life