The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3d Pro stopped working

DavyJones

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hop into this at this late date but I have been tied up in "the move from hell". I was just reunited with my computer. It has the same problem. Thankfully, you have already found the cause. If I disable wi-fi, Tower!3D Pro loads and runs properly.  I updated my drivers but there was no change. Thanks for the assistance.

George

We know there are some issues the latest Windows OS brought to Tower3DPro. Sometimes a Windows uninstall and reinstall helps or uninstalling and reinstalling the windows update. Make sure all your drivers are up to date. There might be a problem with the drivers though. If you are using Gforce RTX video card and experiencing crashes, check if their is a utility called Aorus Engine installed. Try disabling it and verify it does not load and see how it goes. If Tower3DPro works it is recommendable you uninstall Aorus. Apparently this utility is causing many issues across gamers (not just T3DP) with this latest Windows update. 

On 1/7/2021 at 3:56 AM, FeelThere said:

Please check and report your windows version (is it the 2004?). We are aware of the new Windows update somehow changes the voice recognition and sometimes a clean Windows is needed to solve the problem.

Vic

I have Windows 10. Version 10.0.18363

On 1/7/2021 at 4:58 PM, mickey2damouse said:

Currently it is working...I went through every option for the microphone and enabled it.  Then I turned off the WiFi and ran the program "As Administrator" as normal and it is working.  Now I just checked after enabling the WiFi and it is not working.

I did an update some time in Dec, I played on my flight 12/21 and it worked.  After installing EGLL, it didn't work.  I tried at the time of my original reply to this post and the WiFi was on.  So it has something to do w/ the speech and WiFi but I have not put the two together to figure out why.

I turned off WiFi and the game started working again!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

On 1/11/2021 at 9:08 PM, FeelThere Ariel said:

We know there are some issues the latest Windows OS brought to Tower3DPro. Sometimes a Windows uninstall and reinstall helps or uninstalling and reinstalling the windows update. Make sure all your drivers are up to date. There might be a problem with the drivers though. If you are using Gforce RTX video card and experiencing crashes, check if their is a utility called Aorus Engine installed. Try disabling it and verify it does not load and see how it goes. If Tower3DPro works it is recommendable you uninstall Aorus. Apparently this utility is causing many issues across gamers (not just T3DP) with this latest Windows update. 

Solution found! Disable WiFi. I did so and game started right back up

10 hours ago, DavyJones said:

Just had to turn off WiFi and game started working again 

Please provide current Win10 version (aka most recent update installed) version.  We are error testing and trying to localize this new fault and possible cause by a Microsoft update.

2 hours ago, scoobflight said:

Please provide current Win10 version (aka most recent update installed) version.  We are error testing and trying to localize this new fault and possible cause by a Microsoft update.

Windows 10

version: 10.0.18363 build 18363

3 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

For people experiencing this issue here... do you have an estimate (date) of when this issue started happening?

I don't want to appear sarcastic, but it probably started by the time you started getting reports from the users!

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...