The simFlight Network Forums

KSFO is out

Avwriter

So, if someone who already bought KSFO and tried it can report to me or everyone who is interested if there are problems (taxiway issues, gate issues, routing issues). I´d like to hear about that before I consider buying it. If there are too many problems, for now, I would buy LaGuardia instead.

54 minutes ago, AirJamaica said:

Do we need to redownload Real Color also for real textures cause I still see some white planes at KLAX?

Sorry, I don't know as I have only been trying KSFO since I bought it yesterday, so I am unaware of any changes at other airports.

Having said that, in the very limited time that I have had the game (10 days) I don't think that Real Color is effected by Real Traffic (in the texture sense). A quick check of my emailed download link for Real Colour KLAX, shows that it is the same file as I downloaded on purchase, no updates.

Perhaps you should try re-downloading (if necessary) and re-installing RC KLAX, and check the textures again.

Cheers :)

BTW Separate issue to the above, has nobody noticed aircraft taxiing from the North, after landing on 1L, and crossing runway 10R without permission? (10L is not effected)

Also if using the full length of runway 10R for take off, aircraft are not holding at 10R threshold, hitting aircraft that are already lined up and waiting. In fact (and I will have to double check this), aircraft might be lining up without permission at 10R (full length)

EDIT: The 10R lining up issue has been report here -

I would like to preface the following comments by saying I'm a huge fan of Tower!3D and I only bring up these points in an attempt to make the sim better. That being said, I think SFO really shows the limitations of the current sim logic, particularly surrounding how aircraft land and taxi off the runways.

In the real world, the most common traffic flow at SFO is to have aircraft land on the 28s and depart from the 1s. In Tower!3D most of the traffic arriving on the 28s "land" (the point where the aircraft slows to taxi and the user gets credit for a safe landing) either just short of Taxiway L or in between Taxiway L and Runway 1R or 1L. In the former situation (which never happens in the real world because ATC has arriving traffic keep the speed up until they clear the 1s) the aircraft exits at L and then has to sit and wait for clearance to cross the 1s to the terminals which can cause a massive backup.

In the second situation, the arriving traffic slows down to taxi speed and creeps along past the 1s and then exists at either Taxiway J or E, depending on which runway they landed on and where the landing point was. Again, this causes massive backups, particularly with the departures waiting at the 1s.

If we flip around to the other direction and have traffic land on the 10s (which, I've actually never seen in the real world, although I admit am not an expert of SFO operations, yet the winds int he sim seem to favor that setup) we run into a similar situation where the majority of the traffic "lands" well short of Taxiways T and E yet taxi all the way down to L and exit there. If I give the command to "Vacate runway right on to taxiway E" the aircraft respond affirmatively yet exit Left onto E and then have to be routed via C and either D or K back to the terminals.

I understand the landing logic is probably a big thing and probably can't be changed anytime soon but, the aircraft being unable to exit onto taxiway E when landing on the 10s is most likely just a bug associated with SFO and hopefully, that can be addressed soon.

output_log.txt

• Like 1

On 09/03/2018 at 8:17 AM, ATControl -- Joe said:

I’ve played SFO multiple times and there are no major known issues at this time.  

Not sure what version you played, but mine is riddled with issues - aircraft automatically crossing RW 28L & R without holding short, taxiways not recognised or changes to completely illogical ones, aircraft lining up on 10R without instructed to do so. I's say there are major known issues at this time.

The only time a plane would taxi to the wrong place is when you tell it to go to the wrong place.  I use speech recognition daily when I play this and if you have trained your computer to understand you then the plane goes where it needs to go.  I suggest you go back toyour speech recognition and try again.

If you are claiming aircraft don't hold where you tell them to hold, you need to provide a log.  Aircraft hold where they are supposed to (aside from rwy 10 issue).  It's possible you are not give a hold command or you are moving an aircraft out of order with commands and cancelling your hold command.

4 hours ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

The only time a plane would taxi to the wrong place is when you tell it to go to the wrong place.  I use speech recognition daily when I play this and if you have trained your computer to understand you then the plane goes where it needs to go.  I suggest you go back toyour speech recognition and try again.

If you are claiming aircraft don't hold where you tell them to hold, you need to provide a log.  Aircraft hold where they are supposed to (aside from rwy 10 issue).  It's possible you are not give a hold command or you are moving an aircraft out of order with commands and cancelling your hold command.

If I issue the exact same commands in MS Word, the speech recognition works correctly. So it's not a Windows speech recognition issue, but a game issue. Telling an aircraft on B4 to go to runway 10R via A B1 Z, Z1, the game decides the aircraft has to go via A L C Z Z1. Taxiways H1, M1, M2, A1, L2, B3, B2 and B1 aren't recognised either in-game.

It's not only RW10 that have issues. Aircraft exiting the 10R past 19R/1L and 19L/1R don't hold short of 19L when taxing to the terminal. They stop on L before F  after vacating the runway and when told to taxi to the terminal, they cross 1R without holding short.

Please post a YouTube video on your channel with SFO and prove your game is working correctly because several players are reporting the same issues with the speech recognition for SFO.