The simFlight Network Forums

Could we get an update on the SP for KATL

Avwriter

I was just hoping to here that there has been some progress on the long promised SP for KATL?  Somehow you guys have managed to crank out multiple SPs for more recent releases, while poor Atlanta gets left behind.   Not being able to get heavy jets into Terminal F really spoils the immersion for me (and this was a problem that I pointed out the day after the airport was released).  There are some smaller issues (graphics errors with buildings during rain, spinner at gate F9,  and the tower height being too low) but fixing the Terminal F issue alone would be a big improvement.  I truly hope you guys have not given up on this add-on.

Andrew

• 2 years later...

Now that we’ve had a Retro Pack released I wonder if there is any chance we can get an SP on a “retro” airport - KATL. Or has that ship sailed? Would love to see some flights in/out of the International Terminal. 

Historically @FeelThere has been diligent about fixing terminal/gate issues (the recent PHNL SP is a good example). Not sure why this one never made the cut. 

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't call a nonfunctional international terminal a cosmetic issue. Nevertheless, this bug being a low priority is expected as this has been the case since KATL was released in 2017.

Based on the T!3D airports deliveries, I think it is good decision to build all airports for the next version from scratch. Kudos.

28 minutes ago, crbascott said:

I wouldn't call a nonfunctional international terminal a cosmetic issue. Nevertheless, this bug being a low priority is expected as this has been the case since KATL was released in 2017.

Based on the T!3D airports deliveries, I think it is good decision to build all airports for the next version from scratch. Kudos.

I agree a terminal isn't a cosmetic issue I wish they would fix the airports in this gen of the game 

On 7/20/2020 at 3:53 PM, Braf123456 said:

I agree a terminal isn't a cosmetic issue I wish they would fix the airports in this gen of the game 

+1  I appreciate that they are developing a new version, but unless they are done making DLCs for this one, then it would be better not to make it sound like Tower 3D is already dead.  Not all will be ready to move on to the new version immediately, and DLCs for Tower 2011 continued to come out for months after Tower3D's release.

Andrew

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

something i noticed about KATL that are missing in the airport, I noticed that the Jetways don't have the wheels on them to help it extend to the plane there is literally nothing holding the jet way up to connect to the plane in the other airports this is not the case but for some reason this was over looked in KATL another thing is that in the cargo areas there are not tugs to push back the planes also i noticed there is something wrong with one of the runways to where the engines of the planes seem to dig into the pavement of the runway some of these I have screenshots of some I don't.

KATL Cargo N with no tugs circled.jpg

KATL Missing Legs With Wheels For Jetways 02.jpg

KATL Missing Legs With Wheels For Jetways 03.jpg

I agree it seems that when the airport is put out by Feelthere rather than Nyerges Design that the update to the airport seems to move quicker also it seems sometimes they move as slow as molasses i get there busy but really KATL should have been done a long time again also i know that KLAS is suppose to have a update soon which is cool as that airport has a few problems to.

• Haha 3

@ATC AlaskaGuy Please refer to the date on Vic's comment above. (May 22, 2018). That is an old post; an SP for KLAS already came out as Vic said in his comment (at that time) but I doubt that there will be yet another SP for KLAS any time soon. If you're having such issues with all of the airports in the game, simply don't play it. As Vic and others have talked about in other threads, they are focusing less on SPs and more on the next version. KATL is only a possibility at this point for them.