The simFlight Network Forums

No Nav Lights / Strobe Lights

jonas243

Over the last couple of days i have seen some Airplanes without Navlights and Strobelights!

The specific Planes are the Embraer 175 (E75), Airbus A350-900 (359) and the Boeing 787-900 (789)...

I forgot to take  pictures of the planes, but i can make some if needed^^

It would be nice if this could be fixed 🙂

Gabor,

While you are working on the strobe/navigation lights, can you please take the flashing anti collision light off the top of the fin.  Modern aircraft only have them on the top & bottom of the fuselage and never  on the top of the fin anymore. (a pet hate of mine for several years now)

Kev M

We just released an update that solves the lightos on the three aircrafts mentioned above.

5 hours ago, 707FAN said:

Gabor,

While you are working on the strobe/navigation lights, can you please take the flashing anti collision light off the top of the fin.  Modern aircraft only have them on the top & bottom of the fuselage and never  on the top of the fin anymore. (a pet hate of mine for several years now)

Kev M

Hi Kev,

the update has already benn made before I saw your post. The next update will contain these changes too. Can you please provide me a list of aircraft which have this kind of light system?

Gabor

19 hours ago, nyergesdesign said:

Hi Kev,

Can you please provide me a list of aircraft which have this kind of light system?

Gabor 

Gabor,

Give me a little time to work on this but basically all Boeing, Airbus and Embraer jets have them on the fuselage only. Some T tails have them on the bottom of the fuselage and the top of the fin but never 3 lights. I will research as best I can and get back with a more definitive list as soon as I can. I don't guarantee all will be revealed but I will try.

Kev M

7 hours ago, 707FAN said:

Gabor,

Give me a little time to work on this but basically all Boeing, Airbus and Embraer jets have them on the fuselage only. Some T tails have them on the bottom of the fuselage and the top of the fin but never 3 lights. I will research as best I can and get back with a more definitive list as soon as I can. I don't guarantee all will be revealed but I will try.

Kev M

Some of the GA aircraft would still have them on the vertical stab though, but 707FAN is correct about the airliners. 

The Challengers and Citations should have them on the vertical (I know the Challenger 300 does, but can't remember which identifier the game uses for it).  Can't remember the Falcons and Gulfstreams.  The Embraer Phenom 100 only has the fuselage beacon, but looks like the Phenom 300 has one on the fuselage (top) and top of the vertical, from what it looks like in pics anyway.

I'm heading to a heavy-volume GA airport this afternoon, so I'll try to remember to look at various planes.  😉