The simFlight Network Forums

UK voice training...?

Toni

11 minutes ago, Toni said:

I'm using voice recognition on Tower! 3D Pro.  I've checked to ensure that the system's set to English (US).

It recognises most commands but refuses to accept "cleared to land"....

Any suggestions appreciated!

Can you share the exact command you are issuing or provide your log file?

7 hours ago, Toni said:

It recognises most commands

You're better off with that than I am!

After the Windows October Update, Tower!3D Pro refuses to understand one command. I've trained the hell out of the speech recognition, but I can't play the game at all, anymore. I have to repeat the callsigns alone up to 15 times until name and numbers are recognized correctly. Until a complete command is recognized, I need (on average) 50 attempts, and that every single time. At the moment I am able to control about 5 to 10 airplanes PER HOUR. I consider that unplayable.

For testing purposes I used the Windows dictation function outside the game and dictated all commands and a little less than 100 callsigns in one document. Except for three callsigns and two words in two commands, Windows recognized all dictated input without any errors and wrote it into the document.

Back in the game... Doesn't understand a single word, UNPLAYABLE!

Before the Windows update I also had to repeat a command every now and then, but that is something different than the current state. I've made sure that Windows, speech recognition, microphone and the game are configured correctly and have absolutely no idea what I can do anymore. I'm super frustrated and extremely close to giving up playing Tower!3D Pro completely!

12 minutes ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Running in Admin mode?

I do.

12 minutes ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Also try updating your US English language pack.

I did... deleted and then reinstalled. (But I had already used the latest pack before.)

EDIT: My advice for @Toni, try to speak the part that is not recognized correctly like a robot, until it starts to work and than switch back to your normal pronunciation. The speech recognition should learn, not only with the Windows Voice Recognition Training but while you're playing the game, too. It took me about 10 hours playing time (I'm not a native speaker) until I could communicate fluently and fast (and mostly error-free) with the game. Unfortunately, this no longer seems to be the case on my system.

2 minutes ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Do you have any idea as to what the latest update may have changed to the voice recognition in the computer?

There are no obvious changes that I can see and also the voice control of the PC, the communication with Cortana and the dictation still works fine.

2 minutes ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Have you done a complete reinstall? 

The game? Yes, I uninstalled it via Steam Client, cleaned up my PC and then reinstalled it via Steam.
Windows? No and that's not an option! 😉

Thanks everyone.

I think it's because I was getting the command sequencing wrong - e.g. "Eurowings 1234 cleared to land" doesn't work, but "Eurowings 1234 runway 7 cleared to land" seems better.

It would be very helpful to have a simple list of commands to refer to (without having to trawl through the full instruction manual). Does such a thing exist...?

4 hours ago, Toni said:

It would be very helpful to have a simple list of commands to refer to (without having to trawl through the full instruction manual). Does such a thing exist...?

Sure! https://bit.ly/2ryrxwB

Corresponding post:

@FeelThere Ariel I will give it another try next week, to look at it with simplicity and lucidity. Should this not help, I will contact you with all necessary information and data.

@EliGrim

Basically for Takeoffs/landings, the sequence is "Aircraft, Runway,  cleared for takeoff/ clear to land.

Coming from Tower 2011, I had a problem with the command also. In Tower 2011 you did not have to give the runway identifier. It took a bit of getting it  through my thick head. Now it comes automatically.

Kev M

Thank you Kev.

All I need now is an alphabetical list of airlines and their callsigns used in the game (especially Stuttgart) as I can't decipher some of what the game's 'voices' are saying....

(I have Real Colour and Real Traffic installed and have printed all 14 pages of the EDDS-airlines file, but not all the airlines (some game-generated fictional) are listed and it's not alphabetically listed, so trawling through 14 pages looking for the ICAO code and it's callsign kills the gameplay if using voice recognition.)

Does anyone know where I can get such a list....?

Thanks.

Toni.

Toni the list you downloaded, was that the one from my custom schedule, or the one from real traffic?

My custom airline list is considerably longer than the standard real traffic airline text file

Also as stated in my EDDS thread, copy and paste the airline text files into an excel or open office calc sheet and it is easily customisible

Hi Ben

I'm using your full day custom schedule (which is great by the way, thanks!).

I'd happily try the excel idea if a) I had excel, and b) I had any idea how to do it....  Sorry, I'm not that computer-literate!

Toni.

59 minutes ago, scoobflight said:

Please share solution

The solution was a virtual re-cabling of the virtual audio mixer (Voicemeeter Potato) I use. It was a very special problem that probably nobody else will encounter and was based on how I merge and then split (and, as the case may be, merge again) audio signals for my special needs. After installing the October update, Windows (for reasons unknown to me so far) no longer allowed splitting a signal of a special, single audio channel. As a result, whenever I pressed the PTT key (Shift), not only my voice was transmitted, but also the game's own sound, whose internal signal is louder than my voice (so to speak) and the speech synthesis was no longer able to understand me. After a virtual rewiring everything now works as desired.

In the end it wasn't a big deal, it just took ages to figure out the problem because I've been looking in the wrong places for too long. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1