The simFlight Network Forums

Custom Schedule Problems

champs8507

Hello everyone.

I made a custom schedule for Munich not too long ago and for some reason T3D seems to just get stuck on 72% loading. I've checked how others schedules look compared to mine everything seems to be in order all the spacing between text seems to be the same. At an impass to why this could be any help would be appreciated.

i know from what i have had happened if you terminal file or your schedule file or even the airlines list are not what they are suppose to be it will not load the way it would if all of those files are exactly what they have to be, like if your schedule file somehow got saved as a terminal file and not an actual schedule file then it will not load right also if your cargo in the terminal file is a capital C and not a lower case C for the word cargo it will do that to I hope this explains what has to be done.

Make sure your flights are in the right time format, game gets wonky with that.  I had one or two flights that missed my formatting in excel recently.  Just redid the formula on the entire line and fixed it quick but took a minute to figure out lol.

The airlines and terminal mapping file also has to be in the right format for planes to be registered and pull. 

For the new custom schedule makers some interesting facts. For the old hands I know this is nothing new but it might help the newbies to custom schedules to understand how easy it is to get something wrong & how hard it is sometimes to find it. Waking at 3:AM with the answer is usually a good start!!!!

Ah, the dreaded syntax errors with the various .txt file. I regularly make custom files but don't publish them as there are enough out there. BUT I have found these to be the most common errors that I have made with the .txt files:

schedule.txt

1. wrong aircraft type

2. a ; instead of a : in the time list.

3. with non US airports, forgetting to change the code from ICAO to IATA in the arr/Dep list.

4. Duplicate flight numbers (the program does not like that very much)

terminal.txt

1. Forgetting to put a comma after each entry in the terminals.

airports.txt

1. Making sure that the airports listed in the schedule are listed in the airports.txt file & adding them, if needed

airline.txt

1. Making sure the odd bod airlines (the interesting ones) are in the airlines.txt file, researching them and adding them if required.

There are 9 columns in the flight schedule & lets say you download a days operation from JFK using flightaware , that could be up to 1000 individual pieces of operational  data. All this data has to be massaged into the correct format with NO mistakes. That's 9000 pieces of info to get right with no mistakes. Whew!!   Occasionally I have had excel put in a few character of its own for no reason. They have to be sussed out and removed in the .txt files.

Have fun making custom schedules.

Kev M

2 hours ago, 707FAN said:

3. with non US airports, forgetting to change the code from ICAO to IATA in the arr/Dep list.

Isn't it always the IATA code for airlines (2 digit) and airports (3 digit) in the schedule file? At least that's what I thought until now. Am I wrong or don't I understand your point?

1 hour ago, EliGrim said:

Isn't it always the IATA code for airlines (2 digit) and airports (3 digit) in the schedule file? At least that's what I thought until now. Am I wrong or don't I understand your point?

I think Kev means that with US airports you just remove the k, but elsewhere its easier to make a mistake when converting eg YSSY is SYD, NZWN is WLG etc

13 hours ago, 707FAN said:

airports.txt

1. Making sure that the airports listed in the schedule are listed in the airports.txt file & adding them, if needed 

airline.txt

1. Making sure the odd bod airlines (the interesting ones) are in the airlines.txt file, researching them and adding them if required

YES! Missing airports are the bane of my schedules, the game still works but it will ignore the arrival or departure!

My airline file is considerably larger than the default one, for sure! 😆

20 hours ago, 707FAN said:

First one caused me a headache in the last two I made.  Still trying to fix a few of those but I'm sure I missed some lol. 
Have not had the second one yet but sounds annoying.

• 2 weeks later...