The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 intermittent disconnects: TransmitClientEvent failures

roniish

12 hours ago, airforce2 said:

This sounds like maybe the USB port powering down...check in Device Manager and make sure all your USB HID devices and hubs do not have "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" enabled.  This option gets turned back on regularly without asking me when Windows updates on my machines.

I have done all the power settings, but i will check if any update reverted them, thanks.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi John

I did a 55 min flight this morning (with a 20 min pause) with the 'official' FSUIPC7 beta (28 Aug)' connected to LINDA and PlanG map. Everything worked fine until I was descending for a visual circuit. Then I had a full disconnect of all axes and buttons and the PlanG map froze. I had to turn off FSUIPC7 auto connect, manually disconnect and re-connect. Everything came back with no problems. I have not yet tried the 'trial' version you posted above with the optional switch.

Could users who are getting the TransmitClientEvent failures activate SimConnect logging. Would also be useful if you could use the modified version of FSUIPC7 I posted earlier in this thread.

To activate SimConnect logging, create a file called SimConnect.ini in the FLT UNC Path, as reported at the beginning of your FSUIPC7.log file (for Steam installs this will be C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\ )  with the following contents:
[SimConnect]
level=verbose
console=No
RedirectStdOutToConsole=No
OutputDebugString=no
file=
<path>\SimConnect%01u.log
file_max_index=9

replacing <path> with the path specification (e.g. file=😄\SimConnect%01u.log).

The log will be pretty large, but compress well with zip.

Thanks.

Edited by John Dowson
SimConnect.ini location corrected for different installs

4 minutes ago, Scotfleiger said:

I had to turn off FSUIPC7 auto connect, manually disconnect and re-connect. Everything came back with no problems.

Ok, that's good to know, thanks. The modified version should do this automatically, but I would be interested in knowing how long this takes. As I have said though, this is only a work-around and I'll continue to investigate to find the cause.

3 minutes ago, Scotfleiger said:

I don't have this file path on my installation. Do I need to create it?

Ah, then that must be for Steam installs - do you have an MS Store install?

Try using the FLT UNC path, as reported in the FSUIPC7.log file (near the beginning). Can you let me know where that is for you and I'll update my comment. Thanks.

What is the FLT UNC Path?
In the FSUIPC7.log I only see a FLT path = and a FS path =

172 System time = 05/09/2020 14:05:09
      172 FLT path = "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\"
      187 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      234 Registered HotKey 'InvokeFSUIPCOptionsKey' (key=0x46, modifier=0x1)
      281 FS path = "G:\MSFS\Microsoft Flight Simulator\"

Its still not 100% clear where the SimConnect.ini file should go on MS Store installations, but it looks like it should go in the same folder as the SimConnect.xml file (for MSFS) and the UserCfg.opt file. This is the folder reported in the FSUIPC log on line 3, so please check there. If that contains the SimConnect.xml, then place your SimConnect.ini there.

Edited by John Dowson
location corrected

22 hours ago, airforce2 said:

This sounds like maybe the USB port powering down...check in Device Manager and make sure all your USB HID devices and hubs do not have "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" enabled.  This option gets turned back on regularly without asking me when Windows updates on my machines.

Thanks for the tip, i checked that and still found three that where tiocked, don't know how come but disbled them.

Don't know if that caused the problem though.....i will find out.

I put the SimConnect.ini directly in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\ (MS Store installation) and it's creating SimConnect log files in the path I defined.

Though since I'm logging I didn't get any disconnects (only had 2 in total before that).

31 minutes ago, jaxx said:

I put the SimConnect.ini directly in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\ (MS Store installation) and it's creating SimConnect log files in the path I defined.

Though since I'm logging I didn't get any disconnects (only had 2 in total before that).

Ok. Could you keep it like this for a while, and send me the logs (the SimConnect ones + the FSUIPC7.log) once you get the disconnect. You may want to clear the SimConnect log files each time before you start, so you know which ones to send (or just leave them and send the latest if/when you get the issue again.

Thanks!

John,

In my case of disconnecting throttle axis and buttons (now and then) i find out that when opening the Axis tab in FSUIPC and moving the throttle for 1 mm it reactivates.

The yoke and rudder never disconnect, but the button on the yoke that i assigned in FSUIPC7 do so (at the same time the throttle is deactivated).

Can you have a look at that? (Because Andrew from LINDA does not seem to recognize the problem).

Thanks,

Ben

3 hours ago, Bentree said:

Can you have a look at that? (Because Andrew from LINDA does not seem to recognize the problem).

But does the problem occur in FSUIPC7 without LINDA running? If not, then it sounds like a LINDA issue which I cannot help with.

3 hours ago, Bentree said:

In my case of disconnecting throttle axis and buttons (now and then) i find out that when opening the Axis tab in FSUIPC and moving the throttle for 1 mm it reactivates.

This sounds like a different issue then the TransmitClientEvent failures that is the problem for the majority of users in this thread. Maybe try logging axis and buttons & switches, and see if your axis movements and buttons are still recognized (i.e. logged) when this issue occurs. 

I have the same issue but perhaps even a bit more severe than the others in here, since the build from page 1 in this thread actually crashes and dies when the disconnect happens.

It seems to me that it disconnects after a certain amount of data sent to flightsim: If I'm on autopilot and basically not touching the controls, it can live for hours -- if I'm doing crazy flights up rivers and under bridges and whatnot, it can crash in less than a minute. Almost makes me guess that Asobo is profiling simconnect data and have a counter that overflows or something.

Anyway, I have some logs for you, if you want them -- both fsuipcs logs from the debug build in this thread, and from the release of the 28th of august (they identify themselves as the same version in the logs, that's maybe not ideal), along with their respective simconnect logs..

However, these logs are larger than the forum will let me attach, and I don't feel like having pointers to any of my own ways of sharing files dangling around on the internet. But I can PM you a URL if you want.

44 minutes ago, Fremmed said:

(they identify themselves as the same version in the logs, that's maybe not ideal),

Yes, sorry - I should have updated the build date in that version.

44 minutes ago, Fremmed said:

However, these logs are larger than the forum will let me attach

Try zipping them first. They are text files and should compress pretty small.

John

Just now, John Dowson said:

Yes, sorry - I should have updated the build date in that version.

Try zipping them first. They are text files and should compress pretty small.

John

Yeah, the simconnect log is 45MB. So even after compressing 90% they're still about 250 times the limit. 🙂

10 minutes ago, Fremmed said:

Yeah, the simconnect log is 45MB. So even after compressing 90% they're still about 250 times the limit. 🙂

Maybe try cutting it down a bit - I am only interested in the logs around the disconnection (and just before), so you can remove anything before this if that helps. Otherwise you could post a dropbox link (or other file sharing service) if you use that. Thanks,

John

2 hours ago, Fremmed said:

It seems to me that it disconnects after a certain amount of data sent to flightsim: If I'm on autopilot and basically not touching the controls, it can live for hours -- if I'm doing crazy flights up rivers and under bridges and whatnot, it can crash in less than a minute. Almost makes me guess that Asobo is profiling simconnect data and have a counter that overflows or something.

I can confirm this, although i have an other type of failure (disconnect), wich might relate to the LINDA software....it occurs when i press much on the buttons.

Regards,

Ben

3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Maybe try cutting it down a bit - I am only interested in the logs around the disconnection (and just before), so you can remove anything before this if that helps. Otherwise you could post a dropbox link (or other file sharing service) if you use that. Thanks,

John

Yes of course.... In doing that I did find something interresting in the simconnect log: It seems like every disconnect is preceded by a: 2121.74087 [326] I/O Error! (2, 80004004)

I don't have any other traces of any hardware errors on my system though, so It's not obvious what exactly is the problem. Fwiw, 0x80004004 usually means "Operation aborted". I think it'd be a bit weird to call network issues "I/O error", but I'll try some offline flights in any case.

Btw, the crashing fsuipc logs the following:

Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
Description:
Faulting application name: FSUIPC7.exe, version: 7.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f51fe86
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.423, time stamp: 0x06701e03
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000213ad
Faulting process id: 0x1d64
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6847397f963e6
Faulting application path: E:\Gamezorz\misc\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: db32fc42-7500-494b-9845-39b796126e58
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

fsuipc-disconnect-crash-logs.zip