The simFlight Network Forums

TOWER! SIMULATOR 3 DEVELOPER BLOG - SEPTEMBER

FeelThere_Vic

Dear Folks,

At this time we would like to show you the new 3D tower view and the updated radars and digital strips. For more images and information please head to  https://feelthere.com/tower-simulator-developer-blog-3/
Please note these are work in progress images we are still changing and adding features to these screens. No ETA for the release 🙂 

You'll notice the images a bit blurrier than before; this is because of the glass reflection and the dirt on them. This is something we are discussing if it's better this way for realism or drop it for a better graphics. 

As you can see we implemented a little view arc on the ground radar so you'll see where are you looking at. Also all screens are independent so you will be able to set one ground radar to show the whole airport and the other to some other part of the airport at a different zoom setting. The digital strip is fully customisable per each airport. You can set up any rows or columns, custom labels and custom automatisation.

We did not forget the multimonitor Folks, we are still working on a multimonitor solution too. 

Tower_Simulator_Tower_View-2048x1156.jpg

Thank you

Vic

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, FeelThere_Vic said:

You'll notice the images a bit blurrier than before; this is because of the glass reflection and the dirt on them. This is something we are discussing if it's better this way for realism or drop it for a better graphics. 

Personally, this should be an on / off option, or graded, just like the weather option in Tower 3D
As much as I like the weather in Tower 3D, the view becomes distorted when there is rain

In the most constructive way possible,....I'm wondering about the nuclear powered navigation lights on the airplanes.  In the day they're nearly impossible to see and at night they're just a tiny speck.  Could that be toned down before release?

Ekim.

1 hour ago, sticky said:

In the most constructive way possible,....I'm wondering about the nuclear powered navigation lights on the airplanes.  In the day they're nearly impossible to see and at night they're just a tiny speck.  Could that be toned down before release?

Ekim.

Absolutely 🙂 These are WIPs of the new 3D radars. We plan to show you some new things each month during our development and in the meantime you will see some unfinished things and placeholders. We would like to get back to our origin where we updated our fans during the development instead of just announcing the project and release it. We are honoured by the community we have here and we feel this is the right thing to show you things even while we work on them. So please expect to some updates in the next few weeks again 🙂

Thank you

Vic

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crbascott said:

According to Vic, “We did not forget the multimonitor Folks, we are still working on a multimonitor solution too.”

Yes, this is pretty high on our list and I personally would like to see it too. No promise but what I'd like to see is somehow detach each screen (scalable, moveable) and also an option to hide the 3D cab view as well. 

Vic

• 2 weeks later...

Vic:

First off, thanks for launching the update phase, congrats!

Looking good so far. I am quite curious how the ATC "console" we see in the above pic will translate to... let's say a 32" 16x9 single monitor. Can you elaborate on that? I guess the old guy in me wonders how my aging eyes are going to "see" all these different parts of the game. Perhaps Function Keys or the like? Just curious!

Thanks again!

15 hours ago, Pdubya said:

Vic:

First off, thanks for launching the update phase, congrats!

Looking good so far. I am quite curious how the ATC "console" we see in the above pic will translate to... let's say a 32" 16x9 single monitor. Can you elaborate on that? I guess the old guy in me wonders how my aging eyes are going to "see" all these different parts of the game. Perhaps Function Keys or the like? Just curious!

Thanks again!

Hello There (can I please get your first name? I would like to address you more politely),

Don't worry, I'm with you on the aging eyes 🙂 We test Tower! Simulator 3 on it too and we instantly ran into this issue. So our solution is now shortcut keys to different views (this will be fully customisable and you would be able to save any view). Currently we use TIST for our testbed and I find myself having a preset where I can see the ground radar and the strips mostly. I also made a saved view that simulates "looking over the screens" sort of standing up. 

It would be a new challenge for sure but it would be more close to real life. For who prefers the "old way" with the floating radars, likely it will be possible too (I'm saying "likely" is because it's planned but not yet implemented).

Thank you!

Vic

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, FeelThere_Vic said:

Hello There (can I please get your first name? I would like to address you more politely),

Don't worry, I'm with you on the aging eyes 🙂 We test Tower! Simulator 3 on it too and we instantly ran into this issue. So our solution is now shortcut keys to different views (this will be fully customisable and you would be able to save any view). Currently we use TIST for our testbed and I find myself having a preset where I can see the ground radar and the strips mostly. I also made a saved view that simulates "looking over the screens" sort of standing up. 

It would be a new challenge for sure but it would be more close to real life. For who prefers the "old way" with the floating radars, likely it will be possible too (I'm saying "likely" is because it's planned but not yet implemented).

Thank you!

Vic

That sounds like a good start Vic. As crbascott noted above, I am Paul... and I'll be your Captain today. Oh, wait... wrong game! 😅

It's all good Vic, just happy to see the fruits of all your team's labor.

Cheers!

On 10/14/2021 at 4:56 AM, FeelThere_Vic said:

I apologise Paul. Seems like age is not taking it's toll on my vision only 🙂 The beer is on me if we ever meet 🙂 Thanks Craig, you are also invited 🙂 

Vic

No need for an apology Vic. We know it's hard to keep track of all us knuckleheads. 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 6:52 PM, BullRot said:

It would be interesting if it is in 3D environment of a real Tower, to implement TrackIR for view. 
A lot of ATC controllers here use it for simming anyway. Problem of perspective could be solved out.

You mean like a full 3D tower? Because if so then our answer is yes 🙂 

Vic

17 hours ago, EliGrim said:

@FeelThere_Vic As I understand it, the question is whether the new Tower version will support TrackIR to look around the virtual 3D Tower via real head movements.

Thank you! We don't have TrackIR to test so it's not yet investigated. I think I wrote that earlier we will try to make Tower! Simulator 3 to be an evolving platform with regular updates. The reason I tell you this because we have VR headsets and personally I would love to see a VR version of T!S3 at one point. Possibly not right at release but in one of the updates. I don't know how exactly TrackIR works if it needs to be programmed or you can just set it up sort of a virtual panning system, but if we will see lots of demands for the compatibility I don't see why we would not implement it at one point.

Thank you

Vic

1 hour ago, FeelThere_Vic said:

I don't know how exactly TrackIR works if it needs to be programmed or you can just set it up sort of a virtual panning system, but if we will see lots of demands for the compatibility I don't see why we would not implement it at one point.

It is not a simple third party tool installation but must be included in the code when then accessing the TrackIR DLL. It is however a fairly straightforward process. A software development kit and support is provided by NaturalPoint.
https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/developers/

Supporting TrackIR will certainly not have a detrimental effect on sales figures. 😉