The simFlight Network Forums

CUSTOM (REAL) Traffic #2 -- KLAS !! FREE to the Community!

ATControl  -- Joe

What's up everyone!

My name is Joe.  Thanks for checking out my custom (REAL) traffic schedules.  You can find me at https://www.youtube.com/c/ATControl playing this game.

Happy to announce that I have completed my 2nd full day custom-schedule release -- this time for Las Vegas Mccarran International Airport (KLAS).  This is being offered for FREE to the community. 

CUSTOM SCHEDULE #2 -- FULL day action from Las Vegas (KLAS) from September 7, 2017.  A full day of flights.  

If you do not have the files at all -OR- need the updated files, you can visit my Dropbox and pick them up. 

**Please check back for edits to these drop box files.  If edits are made, notations will appear below with the date the edit was made and what was changed**

EDITS --1-11-2018
>>> Fixed Airlines schedule that had a couple typo characters causing certain flights not to appear
>>> Fixed terminal file to remove EJA from Terminal A and return all EJA flights to the GA terminal.  EJA will not appear on the GA Terminal line but will flow in-game
>>> Removed all EJA flights from the airline schedule that were previously listed - replacing in the GA file
>>> Added updated Airlines file with updated callsigns for various airlines, codings, and added some missing airlines needed for flight schedules

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT :  As-of 12-15-2017 -- Terminal file was updated to move EJA away from the GA terminal and moved to Terminal A

EDIT : As-of 12-15-2017 -- Schedule file updated to place all EJA flights into the normal airline schedule to appease the item above (Be sure to replace the new file in your game folders)

EDIT : As-of 12-15-2017 -- GA & Local schedule updated to remove all EJA flights to appease the above items  (Be sure to replace the new file in your game folders)

DROPBOX -- KLAS Custom Traffic #2 -- 9-7-2017

Over 1000 Commercial Flights

Over 160 General Aviation flights ranging from small prop jets to your elite level Gulfstreams, Dassault Falcons, Learjets, Hawkers, Cessna's and more
  -- As Las Vegas is notorious for riches and flights from all over, the GA terminal appears as active on a daily basis at KLAS as the commercial terminals
  -- Adds an extra degree of control -- Take your controlling to a new level and learn the various GA aircraft and how to properly maneuver them not only
     on the ground but keeping proper seperation in mind when on approach or departure.

Terminal Re-assignments -- 
   -- Allegiant Air now housed correctly at Terminal 1  -- very fun and colorful airline w/ regional service.  Many flights per day
   -- Delta moved to correct location in Terminal D
   -- Southwest now housed in Terminal B & C, joined at Terminal B by Spirit
   -- Correct locations in Terminal E now home for Interjet, Hainan, JetBlue, Thomas Cook, Condor & more!

Favorite airlines & unique flights you will enjoy seeing at KLAS!
   -- Interjet
   -- Allegiant
   -- Air Canada's ROUGE
   -- Hainan Airlines
   -- Thomas Cook
   -- Condor

((Please be aware that some further livery updates are still in progress with jets such as E75's for Skywest/Compass/etc.  Aircraft may appear all white in 
   color but does not take away from the control experience!))

// Proper use of this CUSTOM schedule //

1.  ALWAYS make a folder on your computer, in an easy to find location, and COPY all files from both FEELTHERE folder
    and your source folder (ex. Steam Folder).  Schedules are in BOTH places and must be updated in BOTH places for it
    to work.  

2.  Once copied, Navigate to the airfields of BOTH folders.  Delete out your klas_schedule.txt file, klas_terminal.txt file, AND 
     klas_gaandlocaltraffic.txt files.  Replace them with the custom files.

HAPPY CONTROLLING !!!

(p.s. If any edits need to be made, please comment below -- I respond quickly and make timely updates once the issue is reviewed/tested)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey Joe,

Great stuff on this. Just completed a 24 hr period, midnight to midnight, using 25R for main departures and 25L for arrivals (and 19L and 19R for most of the local stuff) which watching Flight Radar recently seems to the current preferred actual operational set up. As I don't get my headset until Xmas not set up speech yet so using keyboard it was quite a challenge at times!

Being in the UK the Speedbird and VIrgin Atlantic flights stood out to me but noticed that you get the departures in the late afternoon / evening schedules but don't  seem to get the corresponding arrivals into the airport to form these departures? May be others but these stood out to me. Also the Thomas Cook (Kestral) and Condor departure didn't seem to have an arrival either but this may be down to arriving on a different day anyway.

It may be because I obviously didn't play in an entire 24hr session and completed this over the last week or so in 2 or 3 hr sessions which was exhausting enough at times!.

It may be due to the way that the game reloads each time you start a session but couldn't see the arrivals in the custom schedule and thought this was based on a days actual real life operational session?

G

Had a look at the schedule tonight and the arrival flights are in the schedule file  (BA at 15:01 & 19:31, VS at 13:02 & 13.44 and Thomas Cook at 11:27 and 12:08) so its not your file Joe.

Going to run another 24hr session again soon so will see if these appear this time. All outbound worked fine so hopefully they will appear this time.

G

21 minutes ago, gazza2868 said:

Had a look at the schedule tonight and the arrival flights are in the schedule file  (BA at 15:01 & 19:31, VS at 13:02 & 13.44 and Thomas Cook at 11:27 and 12:08) so its not your file Joe.

Going to run another 24hr session again soon so will see if these appear this time. All outbound worked fine so hopefully they will appear this time.

G

The results won't change - there is an issue with Terminal_E impacting arrivals. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/84609-tower3d-pro-klas-terminal_e-issues/

Due to the developers choice to alter traffic files, EJA flights can no longer depart from the GA Terminal.  Due to this choice that they made, my custom traffic files have been altered.

*** Please go to the original post on this topic and visit the Dropbox link to pick up .... 1.  Schedule  2. GA & Local Schedule  3. Terminal.   

** You will need to replace ALL 3 files so that GA traffic will continue to flow.  

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes noticed this to but when you open up the files Joe has added the comment (Last update - 12/15/2017) so these are the latest files. 

Have re downloaded them and added to KLAS folder as before but still hangs at 63%. Don't know why as previous files before latest update worked fine and the KLAX and and KPHL ones Joe has done work fine when I follow the same process.

Have reinstalled the original Feel There 3 files from the bought game and these work fine so its not the KLAS programme as far as I can tell.  Any one else have problems with the latest updates?

28 minutes ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

Please see above conversation.  the issue is being review and fixed.  Thanks.

To help with your review - the issue is the following entry in your GA file:

KLAS, MGGT, 15:33, H23, N718SJ, 0, 0, 0, 718SJ, SEVEN ONE EIGHT SIERRA JULIET

Looks like you have a typo in the plane type - H23 is invalid - according to FlightAware N718SJ is an H25B / H25.

Good day all,

First, thanks for bearing with me.  Been working on a few projects and some re-writes and various other items to make sure you guys have the most elite setups as possible.  KLAS GA traffic schedule has been re-written, restored, and working better than ever.  

****Please make sure you go to the original post on this topic and visit the dropbox.   Pick up ALL 4 OF THE NEW FILES !  Follow the directions in the read-me.

EDITS --1-11-2018
>>> Fixed Airlines schedule that had a couple typo characters causing certain flights not to appear
>>> Fixed terminal file to remove EJA from Terminal A and return all EJA flights to the GA terminal.  EJA will not appear on the GA Terminal line but will flow in-game
>>> Removed all EJA flights from the airline schedule that were previously listed - replacing in the GA file
>>> Added updated Airlines file with updated callsigns for various airlines, codings, and added some missing airlines needed for flight schedules

Joe -

https://www.youtube.com/c/ATControl

• Thanks 1