The simFlight Network Forums

KSFO Taxiways commands

Fresco3

Loving KSFO! However, I'm having issues with a lot of the taxiways when trying to direct aircraft. The main ones I'm noticing are the taxiways F1 and Q1 no matter how you pronounce them they always think you're saying Quebec Lima and Foxtrot Lima. It's really annoying when trying to get aircraft to move between taxiways A and B.

I haven't noticed issues with these two at other airports afaik.

3 hours ago, Fresco3 said:

Loving KSFO! However, I'm having issues with a lot of the taxiways when trying to direct aircraft. The main ones I'm noticing are the taxiways F1 and Q1 no matter how you pronounce them they always think you're saying Quebec Lima and Foxtrot Lima. It's really annoying when trying to get aircraft to move between taxiways A and B.

I haven't noticed issues with these two at other airports afaik.

I am replicating the same.  Thanks for the heads up -- thought it might just be me.  I've got the report over to the developers.  Thanks for the heads up.

A1 is giving me a ton of trouble at SFO, regardless of the command.

I also cannot get the command "Runway 1R taxi via A L L2" to work. When I speak the command the sim understands each successive taxiway just fine (they light up correctly) yet as soon as I release shift the command suddenly changes to "Runway 1R at A via L L2" in the command box and I get at "Negative" from the aircraft.

output_log.txt

1 hour ago, MustangPauli said:

A1 is giving me a ton of trouble at SFO, regardless of the command.

I also cannot get the command "Runway 1R taxi via A L L2" to work. When I speak the command the sim understands each successive taxiway just fine (they light up correctly) yet as soon as I release shift the command suddenly changes to "Runway 1R at A via L L2" in the command box and I get at "Negative" from the aircraft.

output_log.txt

There is no need to tell the airplane to get onto A1 or L2 from A.  By default, the A1 entry is the correct entry to 1R.  If you just give them A it will automatically go there.  If you want L2, then just give A - L with the plane having nowhere else to go but L2.  

10 minutes ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

There is no need to tell the airplane to get onto A1 or L2 from A.  By default, the A1 entry is the correct entry to 1R.  If you just give them A it will automatically go there.  If you want L2, then just give A - L with the plane having nowhere else to go but L2.  

You're correct about the L2 part, I discovered that afterward. However, by default when assigned 1R the aircraft go A M1, not A A1.

After doing another session I noticed that although the sim initially shows a route of A M1, after giving the command "Runway 1R taxi via A" it does end up calculating the route as A A1, so, you were right about that one, my apologies.

I have noticed that the sim is unable to calculate a route to runway 1R if I start an aircraft down A, have it cross over to B on either G or H and then rejoin A at the end of B. So, for example, the commands would be "Runway 1R taxi via A G B A", "Runway 1R taxi via A H B A", "Runway 1R taxi via A G B A L", "Runway 1R taxi via A H B A L." In all of those cases the sim hasn't been able to calculate a route.

output_log.txt

On 3/9/2018 at 10:24 PM, G0tchas said:

I'm also having similar issues with B3, B2, B1, F1, H1, M1 AND M2. There also doesn't seem to be designation for the taxiway below B4 either (B5 being the diagonal from B to B4).

B5 is marked in the map.  Not every taxiway is marked on the ADIRS.  The game still handles taxiways even when not marked.  Every airport the developers put out have various taxiways that are not marked.  

I am having the same problem with recognition of F1. If F is busy I send any "heavys" for 28's via the scenic route,  B G L. This gives the opportunity to hold outbound traffic on L before reaching F to allow any arrivals to taxi via F.  It would be good if F1 was recognised by the speech engine though.

Kev M

Dear Guys,

While we are considering an SP for Tower!3D Pro regarding this speech issue; would you please try something and let me knw? We are testing it on our end but more information and various accents would help us too.
Could you please speak faster than usual and let's say "F1" to be said as affone as one word?

Thank you

Vic

I just gave it a shot, both as "foxtrot1" and as your proposed "af1", speaking rapidly.  Neither really showed any significant improvement.  Over the course of about 50 tries, it understood "F1" only twice, when I pronounced it as fOxtrtone, speaking very quickly, and with a very heavy emphasis on the first sylable.  Further attempts to do the same thing speaking the same way had not results.  Most of the time it understood my request as F2.

Andrew

Okay, I have an update.  I spent some more time experimenting with the F1 problem.  You will laugh, but I am completely serious.  I discovered by accident that that if I say "FOxturd one" rapidly, and emphasizing the "o," and de-emphasizing the "u", the sim will understand it as F1 every time.  In the end, it comes out with a rhythm something like the word "mastered."   I am curious if anyone else has luck with this.

Andrew

We are working on an SP for Tower!3D Pro to solve the KJFK hold short at A and B issue as well as this new speech issue. The beta testing will begin either today or tomorrow and if everything works as should the SP is out sometimes next week.

Looks like as we add more features and new airports then some new issues emerge but as always; you can count us to fix these.

Thank you for the patience

Vic

• Like 1