The simFlight Network Forums

Question for developers Tower3D pro

lgvdbroek

How about some kind of auto organize of the tags? When aircraft bunch up together. I find myself mousing the tags around manually sometimes. Is it reasonable to have some kind of auto organize them so they arn't on top of each other?

On 30-4-2018 at 8:43 AM, FeelThere Ariel said:

We´ll add this to our list. Thank you :)

For so far the checklist for Tower3D Pro II      :)

• Load and save options in the game.
  • By the end of the game, a penalty report.
    Not only the negative points, but also the reason so you can learn about it.
    The penalty notice in the game is too short.
  • Towerview rotation by keyboard arrows.
    Moving with the middle mouse button gives a nervous impression
  • Orientation arrow in the ADIRS pane.
  • Possibilty to change colorsetting Airplane tags.
    (example posted 4/28/2018/ 12:08 pm)
  • Try to implement Real Colors and Real traffic in the main game.
    No longer 3th parties.
  • Possibilty to make a notice on the strip.
    Now its only possible when the strip is transparent on the main screen.
    When the strip is "undocked" to a second monitor its no longer possible to make a notice on the strip.

So guys you have a challenge for the summer of 2018 :)
    Have a nice weekend !

BTW 
    Is there psychic help available for people who are addicted to this product just like me ?

16 hours ago, lgvdbroek said:

For so far the checklist for Tower3D Pro II      :)

• Load and save options in the game.
  • By the end of the game, a penalty report.
    Not only the negative points, but also the reason so you can learn about it.
    The penalty notice in the game is too short.
  • Towerview rotation by keyboard arrows.
    Moving with the middle mouse button gives a nervous impression
  • Orientation arrow in the ADIRS pane.
  • Possibilty to change colorsetting Airplane tags.
    (example posted 4/28/2018/ 12:08 pm)
  • Try to implement Real Colors and Real traffic in the main game.
    No longer 3th parties.
  • Possibilty to make a notice on the strip.
    Now its only possible when the strip is transparent on the main screen.
    When the strip is "undocked" to a second monitor its no longer possible to make a notice on the strip.

So guys you have a challenge for the summer of 2018 :)
    Have a nice weekend !

BTW 
    Is there psychic help available for people who are addicted to this product just like me ?

Add the following:  Aircraft towing, Downloadable real world weather, alternate viewpoints around each airport, Integrated schedule generator with user definable parameters

Andrew

crbascott

I started this topic with a question to the developers.
Then got the answer that they would add it to their list. So I assumed that there was a "wish list" with their programmers.
Then I looked at all the topics and collected all the wishes of various users into one "list".
I did this with the positive attitude to improve the product.

I hope you experience that too

@lgvdbroek  I appreciate your effort. But I would argue you have not captured "all", but have only scratched the surface of items that have been suggested or could be possible as Tower is taken to the next level.To be honest, @Avwriter's suggestions are not new and have been mentioned before.

On more than one occasion, @FeelThere has mentioned they would open up a wishlist topic. To this point they have yet to do so but appear to be adding to a list and listening. I was just trying to get an official comment.

Coloured backgrounds for aircraft would certainly be useful. One of departures and one for arrivals so we can distinguish them as well would be highly recommended. With the ability to customise this.

Also add to your list ... the ability to customise the PTT key please.

I agree.  Simultaneously controlling departures & recoveries from 2 or more runways at a busy international airport, plus ground ground, ramp control and clearance delivery all at the same time would be unrealistic.  ;)

• Haha 1

@ Sky King and winsaudi,

In order to prevent misunderstandings and unnecessary communication, it is not a question that Tower3D automatically colors the aircraft about arrival or departure, but that there is a possibility  for novice controllers to give them a colored tag. Controllers who have more experience and do not find it realistic ... do not use it.
Simple as that.

If we are talking about being unrealistic ......
In the tower view you can see the lens flares in the morning and evening by a low sun.
They are never perceptible with a human eye.
Only by a camera. I also asked the developers for the lens flare as an option in the graphical setup.
Because that is very unrealistic in the towerview.
If someone loves that, give him/her the opportunity to select this in the graphic setup.
They are all suggestions to think about to improve the fun of this game.  Sorry, simulator

Regards,
Leo

• Like 1

I would hope the next version would bring us into the 21st century from an ADIRS/DBRITE/STRIP perspective. ASDE-X and comparables are a vast improvement overs ADIRS (and they appear to include all kinds of colors) :). The move is to digital strips and I think what we should have something that is much more flexible and sophisticated. The DBRITE is not as a big player in Tower, but for TRACON and ATCC I'm sure there's some modernization that can be implemented also.

2 hours ago, winsaudi said:

Simultaneously controlling departures & recoveries from 2 or more runways at a busy international airport, plus ground ground, ramp control and clearance delivery all at the same time would be unrealistic

Agreed - that's why the ask has been made to allow for more than 2 controllers.

• Like 1

We just received enough requests for the next 5 Tower!3X versions :)

Please keep these request coming, we are collecting them all on an internal list and once we will officially announce the development then we will open an "official" wish list was well. Please note all these requests are making their way onto our list but obviously we will prioritize them so don't take our acknowledgement as a promise.

I don't know how many of you followed us from the beginning (early 2000's) but the community was always important to us so we just talked yesterday about implementing some community building features as well. All ideas are welcomed. 

Thank you

Vic 

1 hour ago, FeelThere said:

We just received enough requests for the next 5 Tower!3X versions :)

Please keep these request coming, we are collecting them all on an internal list and once we will officially announce the development then we will open an "official" wish list was well. Please note all these requests are making their way onto our list but obviously we will prioritize them so don't take our acknowledgement as a promise.

I don't know how many of you followed us from the beginning (early 2000's) but the community was always important to us so we just talked yesterday about implementing some community building features as well. All ideas are welcomed. 

Thank you

Vic 

Vic,
Go for it.
Nice holliday

Go for it.jpg