The simFlight Network Forums

EGKK Users - plz reply

pete_agreatguy

I'll bite.  It is a relatively small airport, but the terminal/taxiway layout is complex enough to be interesting, and makes for a nice flow to and from the runway.  Yes it actually is possible to shoot gaps, within reason.  The first exit seems well positioned to get planes off the runway with reasonable efficiency.

Andrew

I have played a fair few hours on this airport and i must say i am loving it. the complex of taxiways of some which aircraft can only use certain ones and trying to keep it as real as possible has given plenty of hours of good controlling. The challenge of shooting the gaps is a great one and after a while you can easily sort out your departures vs arrivals. 

• 7 months later...

A bit late to the party (i have to save up funds to buy the DLCs and additonal files) but i acquired EGKK about a week ago.

Using 26R for landings is a good option when traffic is heavy. I tried 08L for departure but that gave some weird taxi routes  😉

(Yeh, i know 08L-26R is an emergency runway but i was curious.)

I don't have much problems using 26L for departure because i use every intersection for departures when possible (up till 'C' for narrowbody aircraft).
I can't use voice commands, so i have a small text file with the most used commands. I copy/paste them in the box when needed.

Haven't tried a normal run using 08R yet.

rgds, Chris.

I've been using EGKK all weekend and once getting the hang of it, it can be quite interesting. 

Shooting gaps can be difficult with slow taxi, though try to avoid using 'Line up and wait behind next landing aircraft' and try to keep an eye on the landing aircraft instead, as it passes over the threshold or just before, give the 'line up and wait' instruction, it can make things a little easier as the departing aircraft will be ready to go once the landing aircraft is off the runway. 

A321 and bigger will not be able to exit at Taxiway D, so that is something to be mindful of when using 08R.

I have tried to play with fire to test the boundaries and I have found that A319's can fit in the small gaps for take off, but anything bigger than that can't seem to get off the ground in time (I found that out the hard way. There is the potential to get an aircraft off the ground with a landing aircraft just outside of inner ring on the DRBRITE.

I am hoping that a fix will come for the slow roll out off runway as it can be a real pain, especially when aircraft have to use the second high speed exit when landing.

Edit: i've also found that I have issues when trying to taxi up to the northeast stands... speech recognition doesn't seem to like Papa... so I have to taxi via Juliet Lime or Juliet Kilo and it will route it up Taxiway Papa. 

Edited by Tonboles757

I found a method for me to fit departures between arrivals. My rules are:
(A1 = landing aircraft, D = departing aircraft, A2 = approaching aircraft)
- The latest moment to issue LUAW is when A1 crosses the threshold and A2 is six miles out.
- Better include another mile for safety.
- For every Heavy or A321 in the equation, add 1 mile.
- For every Super in the equation, add 2 miles.

How it plays out:
1) B787 on 26L@M, A319 on 26L@A, A320 crossing the threshold, B738 on a 7-mile final: A319 is good to go, B787 is not.
2) B787 on 26L@M, A319 on 26L@A, A320 crossing the threshold, B738 on an 8-mile final, another aircraft on 13-mile final: B787 is good to go.
3) A321 on 26L@M, B738 on 26L@A, B777 crossing the threshold, A388 on a 9-mile final: B738 is good to go.
4) A321 on 26L@M, B738 on 26L@A, B777 crossing the threshold, A388 on a 10-mile final: B777 is good to go.
5) A321 on 26L@M, B738 on 26L@A, B777 crossing the threshold, A388 on an 8-mile final: no departure inbetween.
6) A319 on 26L@M, B738 on 26L@A, A320 crossing the threshold, A310 on a 13-mile-final: First B738, then A319 are good to go.

1 hour ago, DeltaVII said:

I found a method for me to fit departures between arrivals. My rules are:
(A1 = landing aircraft, D = departing aircraft, A2 = approaching aircraft)
- The latest moment to issue LUAW is when A1 crosses the threshold and A2 is six miles out.
- Better include another mile for safety.
- For every Heavy or A321 in the equation, add 1 mile.
- For every Super in the equation, add 2 miles.

How it plays out:
1) B787 on 26L@M, A319 on 26L@A, A320 crossing the threshold, B738 on a 7-mile final: A319 is good to go, B787 is not.
2) B787 on 26L@M, A319 on 26L@A, A320 crossing the threshold, B738 on an 8-mile final, another aircraft on 13-mile final: B787 is good to go.
3) A321 on 26L@M, B738 on 26L@A, B777 crossing the threshold, A388 on a 9-mile final: B738 is good to go.
4) A321 on 26L@M, B738 on 26L@A, B777 crossing the threshold, A388 on a 10-mile final: B777 is good to go.
5) A321 on 26L@M, B738 on 26L@A, B777 crossing the threshold, A388 on an 8-mile final: no departure inbetween.
6) A319 on 26L@M, B738 on 26L@A, A320 crossing the threshold, A310 on a 13-mile-final: First B738, then A319 are good to go.

Geez - we got to get this fixed in the next version.

• Upvote 1

Yes I find it annoying that an A320 comes down, throws the anchors out, then poodles down the runway to the exit, no chance to get one out because by the time ones  been faffing around getting off the runway the next ones in.

I've had some serious close ones too, like a Ryan B737 *just* lifting off the ground, with an EasyJet literally just about to touch down, 1 second off getting a penalty!