The simFlight Network Forums

Custom (REAL) Traffic #18 -- KBOS (Boston - Logan) v3.0 -- Spring 2019

What's up everyone, 

My name is Joe.  Thanks for checking out my custom (REAL) traffic schedules. 

You can find me at ATControl --- YouTube Home playing this game

***I create QUALITY schedules -- not QUANTITIES of schedules***

--- If you are using this in your games/videos/posts -- please make reference to ME as the owner (direct link to my YT channel)

KBOS -- Boston - Logan International Airport

BOS.png.390990f5945b777d8dbc12f3447a6cda.png

*******SEE THIS SCHEDULE IN MOTION*******  (click link)

1.  Boston - Logan -- The Triangle Life

====================================================

((CURRENT GAME SCHEDULE -- 4/27/2019))

DROPBOX -- Boston - Logan (KBOS) v3.0 -- Spring 2019

What to expect with KBOS v3.0 - Spring 2019:

****DO NOT PLUG IN THE FULL SCHEDULE -- Use the power hour files designated by hour!***

-- 1221 commercial flights  === Another one of those compact airports that appears a lot busier when multiple jets are on the move
     --- Schedule averages ~65+ flights per hour, up to 88 at peak dinner time rush volume
     --- Power hour schedules for easy plug and play  -- View the Volume Chart image to pick the hour that is right for you
     --- 193 GA flights nicely spaced out throughout the day for great variety

--- Cape Air flights all coming out of the GA & UPS cargo area due to the design chosen by the developers.  Use of this space allows full coverage of Cape Air during the day

--- Another great schedule that will test your control and multi-step planning ahead   

-- Terminal file up to date with current 2019 airline locations

*****Visit my profile page to find all previous schedules I have written*****

Thanks for visiting and as always......

HAPPY CONTROLLING!!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kim said:

Hi Joe, I have loaded your power hour at 1400 and 1600 and 1800, and its stops loading at 63%. (KBOS v3.0 - Spring 2019)

In the video link to this post I’m playing the 1800 hour so I know it loads just fine.  I’m not getting any load problems w any power hour folder   Are you sure you copied all files ?

8 hours ago, Kim said:

Hi Joe, I have loaded your power hour at 1400 and 1600 and 1800, and its stops loading at 63%. (KBOS v3.0 - Spring 2019)

I have copyed kbos_airlines.txt, kbos_gaandlocaltraffic, kbos_schedule.txt, kbos_terminal.txt, still only 63%

Unfortunately I got stuck at 63% as well. Copied all files in the KBOS folder and replaced some of them with the 1800 hour.

*edit*

I already had installed real traffic sp6v12 - reinstalled it and now it works.

14 minutes ago, Kim said:

I have copyed kbos_airlines.txt, kbos_gaandlocaltraffic, kbos_schedule.txt, kbos_terminal.txt, still only 63%

no its only from the ex 1800 power schedule

Seems like this schedule just isn't for me. KBOS (sp2) and RT (sp6v12) newly downloaded and re-installed, 0600, 1000, 1400, 1800 and 2200 tested from the corresponding folders.
The loading of the airport stops at either 63% or 72% - I waited roughly 5 minutes each. This is the first time I have had problems with a custom schedule. With the standard RT schedule the airport loads without any hassle.

2 hours ago, DeltaVII said:

@Kim @EliGrim Look up in the KBOS airplane file whether you have the CS3 (BCS3) aircraft in the list. Copying it in from another airport's aircraft file did the trick for me.

Thank you, now i can play Boston 3.0, manny thanks

8 hours ago, DeltaVII said:

Look up in the KBOS airplane file whether you have the CS3 (BCS3) aircraft in the list. Copying it in from another airport's aircraft file did the trick for me. 

That does the trick, but raises the question why the schedule creator has more aircraft models in that file than the "average user". 😕 If he had added the model manually, there would at least be a hint in the ReadMe, wouldn't it?

There is also a much more pressing question...

How'd you figure that out? Did you really worked your way through the schedule and airplanes file line by line, "Du Verrückter"? 😁😉

Edited by EliGrim
Since this is an English speaking forum: Verrückter = lunatic/weirdo/maniac (here, not in a malicious sense)

Nah, I did it the easy way: After ending the Tower3D task I took a good look at the logfile (I always start the game through the batch file) and found the error message stating that this particular aircraft type was unknown. Then I tried again.

And in terms of the "more aircraft models" - he doesn't. The A220 is in the game since (I think) LEBL came out. At least, airplane_texpack16.manifest is the earliest occurrence of a livery for this model that I could find (Air Baltic, Swiss).

14 minutes ago, DeltaVII said:

Nah, I did it the easy way: After ending the Tower3D task I took a good look at the logfile (I always start the game through the batch file) and found the error message stating that this particular aircraft type was unknown. Then I tried again.

Come on! That's cheating! 😂

14 minutes ago, DeltaVII said:

And in terms of the "more aircraft models" - he doesn't. The A220 is in the game since (I think) LEBL came out. At least, airplane_texpack16.manifest is the earliest occurrence of a livery for this model that I could find (Air Baltic, Swiss).

Okay, this might be worth a topic of its own, but anyhow... Why is it in his kbos_airplanes.txt and not in yours or mine?

Boston was before the A220 came out, so will not be in the original Real Traffic (even though it probably should be)

Joe probably keeps a master airplane text file, as i do,  and copies it over to each airport

This happened to me in the EDDM/EDDS schedule, and i had to make a note on the first post for people to copy the LEBL airplane text file

26 minutes ago, hexzed said:

will not be in the original Real Traffic (even though it probably should be)

21 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Hopefully an issue fixed in the next version ... RT is a mess right now. 

The *sp6v[x].exe installer overwrites (if necessary) and adds new files for all airports, whether owned by the user or not. It should be easy to distribute the current text file to the airport folders before compiling the executable. Has this ever been suggested to @nyergesdesign ?

Edit: Of course, you would have to check for each airport if model identifiers appear twice. Obviously this means more work, but in the end it's a paid product and I feel you can expect that.

Edited by EliGrim

1 hour ago, hexzed said:

Boston was before the A220 came out, so will not be in the original Real Traffic (even though it probably should be)

Joe probably keeps a master airplane text file, as i do,  and copies it over to each airport

This happened to me in the EDDM/EDDS schedule, and i had to make a note on the first post for people to copy the LEBL airplane text file

I have not done any schedules recently but I have had issues like this where an airline or aircraft was missing from the files, which is why I too keep an updated master list of both and provide these modified file versions.

Originally though my master airlines file was just me cleaning things up a bit removing airlines that have either merged with an other or ceased operations, and even adding the odd new addition that has yet to be included with Real Traffic.

1 hour ago, crbascott said:

Hopefully an issue fixed in the next version ... RT is a mess right now.

Agreed, this would not even be an issue if we had a master Real Traffic airlines etc files and the only airport specific files where schedule files.

Folks,

I would definitely need your input once we open the wishlist topic how do you want us to plan these files. I would be surprised if it would be difficult to change but we will need it as early as the development as possible. Please don't post it here as it will likely be forgotten but once the wishlist topic will be open. Don't worry we plan to leave it open for a while to make sure we get all the requests.

Best

Vic