The simFlight Network Forums

Tower3d: Addon not showing up on list

osulover15

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most of the time it is an install path issue.  You have to make sure that the addon is installed to the correct Tower!3D or Tower!3D Pro folder.  If you have the Stream version of Tower!3D and get Real Traffic/Real Color Addons, you must select the correct option on the RT/RC addons installer.  Additionally the RT/RC addons use the default Steam install path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam) if you use a different steam path then you need to make sure you enter the correct path.  For me that is E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\Common\Tower 3D Pro.

For myself I installed everything in the "D" drive specifically because it is a much larger drive than my "C" drive.

I have everything located in the FeelThere directory within the Tower!3D Pro folder which has the Extensions, mmwindow, and tower3d_Data folders and the speech text doc, tower3d app file, tower3d.rec REC file, and an uninstall app file. 

Extensions has the Airfields (which contain the airports) and Airplanes folders (which contain the Texturepacks and a couple of files).

Frustrating cause I feel like there is another step missing - you'd think that there would be a ReadMe file with all this.

I am not on Steam...

Thanks for your reply

Edited by Youngbuck

Installation paths:

Airports: [path to FeelThere directory]\Tower!3D Pro

Real Traffic: [path to FeelThere directory]\Tower!3D Pro

Real Color: [path to FeelThere directory]\Tower!3D Pro\Extensions\Airplanes\Texturepacks

For Real Traffic and Real Color make sure to choose "Tower 3D PRO" during installation.

The "Tower!3D Pro" folder might or might not be named "Tower 3D Pro" without an exclamation mark.

Here you will find the paths for the different Tower!3D versions:

• Upvote 2

I am extremely frustrated; I love the game but I am trying to install LFPG airport. As far as I know I have installed it in the right directory but it still does not show up in the airport pulldown list... (the list has LA, Philly and  St. Thomas). LFPG shows up  in the when I look at my files.. but it does not say application like the main one... it just says file...please help!!

• 3 months later...
On 12/6/2019 at 6:59 PM, EliGrim said:

Here you will find the paths for the different Tower!3D versions:

Sadly this didn't work for me - reinstalled all 3 of mine (EGKK/EGKK Real Colour/Real Traffic) again downloaded from the ATC Suite site and not the Steam pages but to me it should still work - pics attached, please help! #isolation

P1.png

P2.png

P3.png

P4.png

P5.png

P6.png

P7.png

On 1/22/2020 at 9:17 AM, EliGrim said:

Tower!3D Pro (Steam version)
Airports: [path to Steam directory]\steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro
Real Traffic: [path to Steam directory]\steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro
Real Color: [path to Steam directory]\steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro\Extensions\Airplanes\Texturepacks

As Eligrim posted, you need to install them to the steam directory because you have the steam version of Tower 3D Pro. You've installed them to the directory for the non-steam version of Tower 3D Pro.

It doesn't matter where you bought the addons from, it matters where you bought Tower 3D Pro from.

• Upvote 1