The simFlight Network Forums
osulover15

Tower3d: Addon not showing up on list

I just bought EGKK and RC. I installed both and Re-installed RT. EGKK doesn't show when I start the game. I know there is a trick to get it to start but can't remember what is was. I looked in the folder with the rest of the files and it shows up.

Most of the time it is an install path issue.  You have to make sure that the addon is installed to the correct Tower!3D or Tower!3D Pro folder.  If you have the Stream version of Tower!3D and get Real Traffic/Real Color Addons, you must select the correct option on the RT/RC addons installer.  Additionally the RT/RC addons use the default Steam install path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam) if you use a different steam path then you need to make sure you enter the correct path.  For me that is E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\Common\Tower 3D Pro.

For myself I installed everything in the "D" drive specifically because it is a much larger drive than my "C" drive.

I have everything located in the FeelThere directory within the Tower!3D Pro folder which has the Extensions, mmwindow, and tower3d_Data folders and the speech text doc, tower3d app file, tower3d.rec REC file, and an uninstall app file. 

Extensions has the Airfields (which contain the airports) and Airplanes folders (which contain the Texturepacks and a couple of files).

Frustrating cause I feel like there is another step missing - you'd think that there would be a ReadMe file with all this.

I am not on Steam...

Thanks for your reply

Edited by Youngbuck

Installation paths:

Airports: [path to FeelThere directory]\Tower3D Pro

Real Traffic: [path to FeelThere directory]\Tower3D Pro

Real Color: [path to FeelThere directory]\Tower3D Pro\Extensions\Airplanes\Texturepacks

For Real Traffic and Real Color make sure to choose "Tower 3D PRO" during installation.

The "Tower3D Pro" folder might or might not be named "Tower!3D Pro" with an exclamation mark.