The simFlight Network Forums

Schedule Creator Tool - create 100% custom schedules

EliGrim

one other thing I noticed and not sure if you can fix this on your site. the E75L does not default to the E75. I don't think the game actually cares about the L. Might make scheduling easier. it is not hard to change but a airport like LA has a lot of those.

Finished a schedule for BOS and plan to test it tonight and working on one for LA now.

Great work! Love the site!

Trying out your Schedule Creator, so far looks pretty good.   I believe I’m figuring most of it out but am waiting for your help video to see what I can also glean from it.  However, one thing I’ve noticed is that some regional carriers operating for major airlines are producing white tail aircraft in the game even though their color packs are in that T!3DP airport's RC texture pack (especially noticeable at SEA).  I think the problem may be how Flightradar24 data list their flight numbers (call signs) and how they are integrated into Schedule Creator.  For example, at SEA Horizon Airlines (QXE/QX) is a regional carrier for Alaska Airlines (ASA/AS).  The Flightradar24 screenshot I’ve included shows AS2423 flight’s 10:30 am arrival at SEA using a DH8D aircraft being operated by “Alaska Horizon” (Airlines) which uses (in RL) the “Horizon” call sign (i.e. “Horizon 2423” not "Alaska 2423”).  

2055391107_Flightradar24KSEAScreenshot.thumb.jpg.72afa280d94402f7d46977329067191c.jpg

It would also be the “Horizon” call sign if used in T!3DP (using T!3DP's “QX” airline designator) in which case you would get a properly painted DH8D in ASA colors.  The same holds true for Delta Connection at SEA which operates under the SkyWest (SKW/OO) call sign (again white tails where in T!3DP they’d be painted).  I tried a one hour Schedule Creator schedule for SEA and in it the QXE flights used the ASA call sign and the SKW flights used the DAL call sign.  Each instance produced white tailed DH8D or E75 aircraft (neither ASA nor DAL have any DH8D or E75 color packs in T!3DP, at least that I could find).

@Ron C if you click on the arrow in front of the flight number, you can expand the aliases (or whatever it's called). The schedule creator should then recognize each line as a separate flight. Then you would just have to delete the "superfluous" flights.

As for the Delta Connection issue, @crbascott's suggestion would be possible, but I won't implement it. The problem is, if I start with Delta Connection, where do I stop? I'm afraid this is where the users have to take action themselves, as it would be without the Schedule Creator. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to develop a system that detects and corrects such troublesome flights, within and outside of America. This is a task for a team of a paid product and not for a spare time project. Sorry for that.

But...

One gets this data right out of the box when using FlightAware.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 4:48 PM, crbascott said:

One gets this data right out of the box when using FlightAware.

Thank you for pointing me in that direction.  I created an hour SEA schedule using FlightAware and it worked fine:  I got QXE and SKW colors for the DH8Ds and E75s.

14 hours ago, EliGrim said:

if you click on the arrow in front of the flight number, you can expand the aliases (or whatever it's called). The schedule creator should then recognize each line as a separate flight. Then you would just have to delete the "superfluous" flights.

Tried what you suggested and it did work.  However, I discovered an alternative method that seemed easier for me to use.  I created and downloaded the Schedule Creator schedule as is (didn’t change any call signs to “QX” or “OO”).  After I downloaded the schedule I used Notepad’s “Replace” feature to replace the ”AS” call sign with “QX” for all the “AS” flights that had either E75 or DH8D as the type of aircraft.  I also used the same method for the Delta Connection’s (SKW) E75s.  Everything worked fine in the schedule’s session including correct liveries and call signs.  Also, as a reminder to anyone using this method or @crbascott’s suggestion, you need to make sure that the new call sign's airline is in your schedule’s terminal and airline text files.  I use master airline, airplane and airport text files for all my airports’ main folders so all I usually have to do is copy and paste my airport's master terminal text file into the Scheduler Creator’s schedule I’m making.  Therefore, when I’m ready to use that schedule (or any other custom schedule) I usually only have to copy and paste the new schedule’s “xxxx_schedule.text” and GA schedule text files into that airport’s main folder and I'm set to go (I don't have to worry about copying and pasting the terminal, airplane or airport text files for that particular custom schedule I'm using).

14 hours ago, EliGrim said:

As for the Delta Connection issue, @crbascott's suggestion would be possible, but I won't implement it.

I totally understand where you are coming from and can’t say that I blame you.  I do appreciate all the voluntary work you've so far put into this project.  To start with I think I'm going to try using FlightAware as my primary schedule source and Flightradar24 with the above work around as a back-up.  I also have a couple questions about Schedule Creator but will wait until after your help video comes out before I ask them as they may be answered in the video.  

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 5:18 AM, Ron C said:

I also have a couple questions about Schedule Creator but will wait until after your help video comes out before I ask them as they may be answered in the video.

If you don't mind, I would be happy if you send me your questions via PM. Then I can answer them directly or if they might be interesting for others, make sure they are answered in the help video. Don't feel forced though, waiting for the help video is absolutely fine too.

Update v0.9e

• Compile section bug fix (The current date is now used for the name of the zip archive.)
  • Change to Compile section (Flight duration changed from 0 to 1 in the schedule. Cosmetic - not taken into account by the game.)
  • Addition to Terminal section (Possibility to rebuild the terminal file.)
  • Change to Import section (Back link at the buttom of the navigation changed to preserve inserted data.)
  • Addition to Import section (Processing FlightAware texts from an Enterprise Account. Initial setup, not yet ready to use.)
  • Change to Project section (Aircraft ICAO code E75L is automatically turned into E175.)
  • Placeholder for help video created. (Video not yet available, expected within the next 48 hours.)

The plan is to have the help video online tonight, but could be delayed by another couple of days.

Schedule Creator Website

Edited by EliGrim
  • Like 1

Update v0.9g

• Livery Checkup added (Experimental feature to detect if a livery for used flights is included in any Real Color pack.)
  • Selection in case of non-identification of aircraft models revised.
  • Addition to Terminal section (Number of gates and a/c stands of the individual terminals and aprons are displayed, if known.)

Text for help video is written, but I haven't found time to record video and voiceover yet.

Schedule Creator Website

Folks, I need your help! DONE!

With the last update the number of gates resp. a/c stands of the individual terminals or aprons are displayed in the Schedule Creator. I think especially with fantasy schedules but also for real schedules this is a helpful information.

I hope you can help me and I thank you in advance for your effort.

Edited by EliGrim

• 1 month later...

Update v0.9h

• LTFM data added

The bug from v0.9g where FlightAware flights with single digit flight numbers are dropped is included in this update as well. I am still working on a fix.
I am also still trying to find time to record the help video. (Wonder if it is even of interest at this point!?!)
Please excuse that it is hard for me to find time to work on the website these days.

Schedule Creator Website

9 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

Update v0.9h

• LTFM data added

The bug from v0.9g where FlightAware flights with single digit flight numbers are dropped is included in this update as well. I am still working on a fix.
I am also still trying to find time to record the help video. (Wonder if it is even of interest at this point!?!)
Please excuse that it is hard for me to find time to work on the website these days.

Schedule Creator Website

Thank you Eli.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Brief info:

I've been struggling with internet disconnections for roughly a week now. By now every few minutes.
In the next few days I will get a new router, which will hopefully fix the problem. Then I will be able to upload the introductory video.

In the meantime, WSSS data has been added to Schedule Creator (v0.9i;k), as well as the current airports, airlines and aircraft models from the latest RT update.
Also, the bug that caused flights with single digit numbers to be dropped when using FlightAware data has already been fixed (v0.9j).

Schedule Creator Website

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

Update v0.9l;m;n [Aug 9-29 2021]

• Bug fixed that caused IndiGo Airlines (IGO/6E) flight numbers greater than 99 to be invalid

Since nEn represents a number in scientific notation and is also recognized by programming languages, this resulted in 6E100 and higher, although not converted to a decimal number, being recognized as a five- or six-digit flight number and thus marked as invalid by the Schedule Creator. The parameters for checking individual flights have been refined to eliminate such an error in the future.

• Preferences to Livery Checkup added

During Livery Checkup, you will now see a "Preferences" button that allows you to select Real Color packs to be included in the checkup. By selecting (green) and deselecting (red) packs, you can specify which of them you own or which should be used for checking.

• Custom lists download/upload added

The button "Manage Custom Files" now appears in the Compile section navigation. If terminal assignments have been made or airlines or airports have been added to custom lists, these can now be downloaded as text files. This serves as a backup of your lists in case of account deletion. However, these files can also be shared or used for another account. Via the upload function, these files can be used to avoid having to enter the data by hand.

Unless force majeure prevents it, on the weekend of September 18 and 19, I will re-record the introductory video to include the August changes. After that it will be available online and the Custom Schedule Creator will then reach version 1.0. No further changes are planned at this point.

Then the automated account deletion will also come into effect. Under certain (very unlikely) circumstances, accounts can be deleted after 21 days of inactivity. This can only be done manually. The automated account deletion will be triggered if an account has been inactive (no login detected) for more than 109 days. (As of today, 68 accounts are affected.)
An account deletion includes all data and is irreversible and happens without user notification, since no data is recorded that would allow such notification. Of course, any user can create one or more new accounts at any time. Account deletion is not a sanction but necessary to keep the server as efficient as possible.

Schedule Creator Website

Edited by EliGrim
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible for the creator while using FR24-data to actualy use landed/departed times?

if I put the following in, the creator uses 50 as the landed time instead of 07 /// 50 being the scheduled time

5:50 AM    BA32
Hong Kong (HKG)    
British Airways    B77W (G-STBB)
Landed 5:07 AM    

9 hours ago, andredragt said:

Is it possible for the creator while using FR24-data to actualy use landed/departed times?

if I put the following in, the creator uses 50 as the landed time instead of 07 /// 50 being the scheduled time

5:50 AM    BA32
Hong Kong (HKG)    
British Airways    B77W (G-STBB)
Landed 5:07 AM    

Is it copy and paste because I put the actual arrival times

On 9/13/2021 at 8:33 PM, Braf123456 said:

Is it copy and paste because I put the actual arrival times

I'm a little confused. With my limited English skills, I can't tell if this is a question or a statement. 🤔

On 9/13/2021 at 11:24 AM, andredragt said:

I woke up early today and had the time to check if there is a quick fix for this.
Short answer: No. 😒

With your example it would not be a problem, however, there are for example flights that arrive hours earlier or later.
The Schedule Creator only uses minutes, so it is not able to move flights to other hours. This is deliberately programmed to open up the possibility of easily cramming flights from several hours into one, e.g. to create a more challenging schedule. I do not want to lose or limit this option.

There would be possibilities to realize it anyway, but that would complicate the currently quite straightforward way of inserting flights for the user. I don't really like that and on top of that it would mean a considerable programming effort for which I unfortunately don't have time at all at the moment.

My suggestion would be to use Flightradar24 for future flights, that are scheduled, and for the rest to use FlightAware, because there the flights are sorted by real arrival/departure times and these are then adopted by Schedule Creator. Otherwise you will have to bite the bullet and adjust the times manually.

I'm sorry that I can't offer a better solution.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 6:13 PM, shebo said:

when the schedule creator tool video will release??

Every time I tried to finish it, something else interfered. I'm probably the most annoyed myself that it's not already finished.
I hope to get it done this weekend, but I can't and won't make any more promises.

EDIT: In week 42, I'm taking a few days off to finally get the video online.

On 10/5/2021 at 6:13 PM, shebo said:

can you add flightera.net to custom schedule

No. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to even think about it. As soon as the introduction video is online, I consider the Schedule Creator to be finished. Then changes will only be made should bugs occur.

Edited by EliGrim
  • Like 1