The simFlight Network Forums

Question for the Devs, re: forum

CL30

Vic/Ariel,

I was wondering- does this forum have the capability of having subforums?  I was thinking that it would be much more user friendly if there was a way to do that.  As all of us know, right now each airport has a ton of topics floating around, and it can be tough to find what you're looking for.

If each airport could have its own subforum, and then users could post in there, whether it be schedules, tactics, etc., it would be in one place and much easier to find what you're looking for (and might reduce a lot of questions from everyone, myself included).

Thanks!

• Upvote 2

They beta tested a new forum format a year or two ago and the reception was underwhelming. Subforums were a feature if I'm not mistaken.  

Personally, I like seeing what posts are new and am comfortable using the search feature.  However, I can see where airport subforums might be useful. 

Maybe they can revive the forum that was tested earlier and see if the sentiment has changed.

• 3 weeks later...

Folks, I forwarded this to Victor but he righly pointed out that it usually becomes complicated to deal with as this is not our own forum, but SimFlight´s. We will continue to work the same way we have been working up till now and  keep finding useful features to implement here. Perhaps if we are patient we may eventually get a feasable posibility to do this in the future. 

28 minutes ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Folks, I forwarded this to Victor but he righly pointed out that it usually becomes complicated to deal with as this is not our own forum, but SimFlight´s. We will continue to work the same way we have been working up till now and  keep finding useful features to implement here. Perhaps if we are patient we may eventually get a feasable posibility to do this in the future. 

That makes sense.  I didn't realize that SimFlight was the owner, even though it's in the web address and name, haha.  Thanks for looking into that, Ariel!

I'd agree with subforums but a layout such as below would be recommended from me:

Main forum = ATC Sims
Sub forums (with other sub-forums):
- Tower3d / 3d  Pro
------ Custom schedules
------ Feedback
------ Support

- Tracon
------ Custom schedules
------ Feedback
------ Support

- others ... etc

Edited by pete_agreatguy
had new ideas on 9th Aug 2018

There's very little real estate on the first page of the forum for new/recent topics due to all the pinned topics. Do you think we could unpin the Schedule Creator related topics since the data used is obsolete and the programs are no longer supported? 

The topics I am recommending to unpin are as follows:

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/76191-tower-schedule-creator-24-v1-released-includes-cyyz/

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/76195-tracon-schedule-creator-tracon-11-rfn-released/

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/76245-tracon-arrival-departure-frequency-charts-for-all-sectors-through-dxb/

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/76244-tower-2011-arrival-departure-frequency-charts-for-25-airports/

Thanks!

PS - I definitely appreciate the effort Dick Parker put into these tools. They came in handy back in their day.  

• Like 1